I have some half dollars that are worth

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok didnt know what you had. There are a few silver companjes that buy silver coins. I know Apmex does and so does another one. I forgot the name of it but you need to send in a $1000 minimum of silver. Maybe if you private message Garoulady she could help with the name. And there is one more choice. I pay up to twice face value for.all silver coins. That offer goes to anyone.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provident metals will buy them. But they have a minimum to. 500-1000 can't remember. Local coin shops will buy for less then spot. Cash for gold places will buy for less then spot. A lot of people on Craigslist will give you close to spot prices. And ebay is hit or miss with all the fees. Good luck. More info on what you have can determine price and if its worth grading.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are probably 10 different websites that will tell you exactly what they are worth. Google "silver coin value" and you will find tons if info.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BAsically - every silver dollar worth of coin is worth $20 in dollar bills. give or take - this week, take.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok didnt know what you had. There are a few silver companjes that buy silver coins. I know Apmex does and so does another one. I forgot the name of it but you need to send in a $1000 minimum of silver. Maybe if you private message Garoulady she could help with the name. And there is one more choice. I pay up to twice face value for.all silver coins. That offer goes to anyone.

Say what? Do you mean 20x face?

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

twice face value ? kidding right.:icon_scratch:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
They were paying $25 for decent Morgans and $26 for Peace dollars at the show today, and 19.5X face for non-slick 90%.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twice face value is not enough. Try the Red Book of coins or look on Ebay for comparative sales.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Twice face value? Lets see, I have a morgan dollar that you would pay $2 for.
I sure hope you were joking, it's just not right to rip others off.
Please don't take advantage of someone not knowing the market. Trust me, whatsoever a man soweth, that she he also reap.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Twice face value? Lets see, I have a morgan dollar that you would pay $2 for.
I sure hope you were joking, it's just not right to rip others off.
Please don't take advantage of someone not knowing the market. Trust me, whatsoever a man soweth, that she he also reap.

I don't think any of us expect to buy morgans for $2. $1 is the preferred price.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Bulliondirect.com allows you to sell as little as $10 in silver if they are the 90% bullion coins. use the nucleo exchange tab. Today the bid is $217 and the ask is $221.50. Nice tight spread, plus getting 21X face for your coins is a pretty good price. they then take 1% on ech side to do it for you, so you get a little less, but it is still over 21X face. And if you didn't want to use a big corporation to do the transaction, shot, I'd buy them from you at 20.5X face. Or from anyone right now. That's a lot better than the offer of twice face value. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions