Best CRH Morgan Dollar Score Ever? (plus a great half cull too w/ pics)

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently made friends with a teller at one of my banks near my job. I asked him for halves, big dollars, and any old coins or bills one day. He delivered, and gave me a some big dollars, a few 90% halves and a few silver dimes and red notes (see the post here). I came back around recently and he told me he might have some more old coins in two weeks (I won't tell you why he knew this; trade secret :lock:). That was Monday, when I stopped back in and he gave me these:
KLIlxloh.jpg
UaHbbYQh.jpg
He knew they were silver, and he was happy to give them to me.

My first Morgans at face value, and 9 total silver dollars!

8 Morgan Dollars
1 Peace Dollar
8 Walking Liberty Half Dollars
3 Ben Franklin Half Dollars

HUzzaH!

Upvote 0

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the awesome score! I hope you buy the teller something nice, at least a gift card. He sure deserves it!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that. is. awesome.

i have a guy who saves silver for me at a gas station for face, but so far nothing even close to this magnitude

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morgan dates are from 1878-1898, the Peace dollar is a 1935. There are no rare or error coins, and no coins are in grade-worthy condition. I magnet tested and sound tested each coin, and they are most certainly real. This teller is one nice guy, but I also think he is required to give the coins away, and might not understand the value of them. Whatever it is, I will keep sucking out the sweet silvery nectar from that honey hole :smileinbox:

Oh goodness "do you have roundness in your hole?". My son is 7. I now refer to him as "Coin master B" (his name is Brandon). I will share a picture of him with a pendant around his neck that my mom gave to him. He wants to make a YouTube video of him finding coins in our back yard...with his own unique commentary of course.

Attachments

• image-1439284573.jpg
    image-1439284573.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 113

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh goodness "do you have roundness in your hole?". My son is 7. I now refer to him as "Coin master B" (his name is Brandon). I will share a picture of him with a pendant around his neck that my mom gave to him. He wants to make a YouTube video of him finding coins in our back yard...with his own unique commentary of course.

Coin master B. lol. I love it.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Now give the nice teller a treat!!

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get any more old coins from him?

Not yet. I think I got lucky the few times that I asked him. I need to stop back there again next week, with treats like TZ suggested. These guys are also my dump bank, and have the half dollar bags that fill up at $1000, and count quickly.

I have been in CRHibernation lately; dealing with some issues on the personal front, and have been cutting back on the CRH significantly. Did 4 boxes this weekend and got 15 40%ers (flipped for $30) and $100 Red Seal, and a $100 1929 Richmond VA Gold Seal in okayish condition that I went to a LCS and flipped $217 for that I then used to buy a 1/20oz 1987 Chinese Gold Panda, a 1/10oz 1987 Australian Gold Nugget, 5 Walkers, 1 war nickel, and a rosie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions