Living in Skunksville...box #60 and counting no AG.............

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just hit box #60 with no AG to show for it.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: UGH! I broke down and took TimZim's advice and ordered some 10oz bars from Provident. I just needed to hold some silver. The one of the previous posts about comparing CRH to meth addiction is spot on IMHO. I am missing that rush when you find that silver in the wild. :tongue3:

Well I will never stop the hunt, but I am thinking that in my area I might need to let the wild coins refresh for a little bit and just move some of my monies into stacking bars for now. Do you guys have any advice?

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Just hit box #60 with no AG to show for it.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: UGH! I broke down and took TimZim's advice and ordered some 10oz bars from Provident. I just needed to hold some silver. The one of the previous posts about comparing CRH to meth addiction is spot on IMHO. I am missing that rush when you find that silver in the wild. :tongue3:

Well I will never stop the hunt, but I am thinking that in my area I might need to let the wild coins refresh for a little bit and just move some of my monies into stacking bars for now. Do you guys have any advice?

As long as you can get silver for close to spot. 21$ oz or less. You're doing good to me. It is a cycle, high, low, high, low. I think we are in a "low" it will move to high eventually :-)
Wicka

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd give MWR a rest for a bit and concentrate on CWR halves and dimes.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice 60 boxes that's ?? wow how can that be?? How many boxes do you do a week?? I like gainsville allso Provident is easy with no deposit. I did a little job for my coin guy and he paid me with a 10oz bar I did have to give him $55 I fell like I did pretty good.

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd give MWR a rest for a bit and concentrate on CWR halves and dimes.

The only problem in my area is that ALL banks do not take CWR rolls of any denom and everything must be put through the counting machine:(. But, I think your right and I need to just rest with MWR and move to stacking bars at this spot price level and go back to hunting later this year. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 60 boxes that's ?? wow how can that be?? How many boxes do you do a week?? I like gainsville allso Provident is easy with no deposit. I did a little job for my coin guy and he paid me with a 10oz bar I did have to give him $55 I fell like I did pretty good.

I do between 12 to 15 boxes a week if I'm going good. My pickup bank is excellent and they order extra boxes just in case to have on hand for me. All the tellers are on the lookout for me as they know I collect. I can't even try the CWR route as all banks in my area require them to be put through a counter/sorter at the banks. I have also missed on teller tray scores they are skunky also. The only score I have gotten in the last month was from a Mcdonalds with some AG quarters probably from a grandpa's old collection that paid for a Big Mac or something. This is the longest streak I have ever had so far in CRH and it's brutal.

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006
Sorry to here about your bad streak. Just keep at it and it will turn around. I personally stack only Silver I find in the wild. I will not pay more than face value. On the other hand I can see your frustration and the need to get you Silver fix one way or the other. Either way.Good Luck with the hunt.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now you and I are top residents in skunkville I believe- I hit 62 today

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now you and I are top residents in skunkville I believe- I hit 62 today

Well I'm going on vacation next week, so since we are neighbors in skunksville can you keep watch on the house and mow my lawn. You know between skunky box searches....:thumbsup::laughing7:Also, by the way box #61 SKUNKY and counting:BangHead:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is depressing...

I would normally say HH, but ill say GL instead. GL!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here is a quick update. I am now at a #65 box halves skunk streak and have decided to take a break from CRH for a few weeks to get a breather. I have shifted some of my CRH bankroll into buying junk silver coins and 10 oz silver bars because of the current spot prices. I'm sure I will get the itch again and restart hunting soon, but this streak has just sucked the life outta me.........:BangHead:???:BangHead:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here is a quick update. I am now at a #65 box halves skunk streak and have decided to take a break from CRH for a few weeks to get a breather. I have shifted some of my CRH bankroll into buying junk silver coins and 10 oz silver bars because of the current spot prices. I'm sure I will get the itch again and restart hunting soon, but this streak has just sucked the life outta me.........:BangHead:???:BangHead:

Dang man dont give in- I hit 64 today and have 5 more tomorrow- do you want to see who can go the longest or who can strike AG 1st? Lol

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Dang man dont give in- I hit 64 today and have 5 more tomorrow- do you want to see who can go the longest or who can strike AG 1st? Lol"

Not gonna give in , just need to take a vacation. These last few weeks CRH have felt like being in the sahara desert searching for coins with peanut butter and honey sunblock on:icon_scratch:. I am seeing other members posts with great ratio of silver% to boxes searched and wonder what's up with my area. I have asked all my tellers and they say that there is only one other guy CRH in my area (that they know of) and he is doing dime boxes only.....UGH. Let's just see who will hit silver first,as that will feel better.:sadsmiley:

I'll race you to the end of Skunksvillle street.:censored: LOL

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't give up, I've had long spells with no Silver too, you're beating me for sure right now, my longest skunk streak was 32 boxes, it seems to come in spurts, you could just be working through a couple of bad pallets, I've had a couple of months where I didn't have very good luck at all a while back, now it is showing up again, just keep pushing through the skunks, it will come back again, good luck! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the pep talk Mav. I am going on vacation all next week and am taking a CRH break. Gonna recharge the batteries and hit it hard when I get back.:thumbsup:. I did get my Porvident metal delivery today, so I just stacked all my bars and put away my junk silver coins..loved all that silver.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
68 now :-(
Lost in Skunksville is not fun but im gonna keep plugging away- I did hit a plethora of NIFCs- so many I almost go a complete set - that was crazy

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
102 and counting. Although I hit 102 a long time ago, and just havn't gotten another box in a long time. Someday I will, but for now it's been pennies, Customer rolled halves, and other things. But even though I haven't gotten a box in a while, the streak is still hanging over me at 102 and counting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions