Its cent, not penny

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's cent, not penny

I'm getting real fed up with people calling the 0.01 piece in the US the penny. Come one guys, the proper term is cent. It pisses me off when people can't use proper terms for highly important elements of life like this one. Those of you calling it the penny should probably feel ashamed but maybe not. I haven't decided on that yet.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting real fed up with people calling the 0.01 piece in the US the penny. Come one guys, the proper term is cent. It pisses me off when people can't use proper terms for highly important elements of life like this one. Those of you calling it the penny should probably feel ashamed but maybe not. I haven't decided on that yet.

not you too.

I dig Lincoln Pennies all the time !

U.S, Penny Rolls direct from the bank

DSCF0001.JPG

go to as bank hand them a Half Dollar

ask for 50 Cents for it

They will most likely ask how you want it, or hand you 2 Quarters

go to another bank , hand them a Half ask for 50 pennies

they will give you a roll of 50 pennies

the entire U.S. population knows what pennies are without
having to ask "How do you want it ? "

a Cent is only a Cent when it is 4 or less after that

5 Cents can be a Nickle

6 cents can be a Nickel & a Penny :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.S. parking Meter .

Lense is Poor But it accepts a Penny, Nickel or a Dime

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

only uses Cent with the Abreviation

DSCF0003.JPG

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would as its value is 1 cent, but its colloquially referred to as a penny.

Going straight to the source, the US mint (you know, the people who MAKE the coins), they off proof sets including a "Lincoln Penny", not a cent. That with the roll from the Federal Reserve posted earlier.

Uncirculated Coin Set 2013 - US Mint

I would argue BOTH terms are correct.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going straight to the source, the US mint (you know, the people who MAKE the coins), they off proof sets including a "Lincoln Penny", not a cent.
QUOTE]

Then it has to be. As we all know, the US Government is ALWAYS right about everything! he he he :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
danya

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright guys I'll be real here. This was all a poor job of trolling. I more over made this topic to stimulate discussion without necessarily agreeing with the views I have expressed in here. It was homage to Chris from Poolesville. Pretty much everything I have stated in here is fallacious and does not represent my true self and/or characteristics of such.

I hope you can all forgive me.

HH,
Dan The Man Mamma M Ya

OP
OP
danya

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, buffaloboy, could you please like me more? I am very hurt by your rejection of me.

OP
OP
danya

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No I honestly could not care less lol

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
SO WHAT WHO GIVES A CRAP ANY MORE!you cant be that bored.winter has'nt even started yet.man if that bothers ya dont even start thinking about politics or the world economy.QUESTION ya know those things that are red and have seeds and they grow on vines in the summer ?what do they call them again ?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO WHAT WHO GIVES A CRAP ANY MORE!you cant be that bored.winter has'nt even started yet.man if that bothers ya dont even start thinking about politics or the world economy.QUESTION ya know those things that are red and have seeds and they grow on vines in the summer ?what do they call them again ?

Muscadines?

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to call them pennies because 90% of the U.S. population calls them pennies. Now I call them pennies because 90% of the U.S. population calls them pennies AND because it annoys strangers on the internet that have nothing better to do with their time. Seriously, if this is the best thing you can come up with to think about, you really need some new hobbies and/or a life.

P.S. - I only read the first post in this thread and really don't care about the 5 pages of nonsense preceding my reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions