Unexpected teller tray find...OMG!

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought for sure she would say she was saving it...but no. It cost me one dollar. The fastest dollar I ever spent.

20150420_103333.jpg

My first ever!

Upvote 0

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang!

Attachments

• khqff[1].jpg
    khqff[1].jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 149

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye! :icon_thumright:
I'm always scanning the teller trays........and wonder if those who look at the video camera tapes have me on their "watch list". :tongue3:

PS: I have an extra dollar to spend..............

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
I'm always scanning the teller trays........and wonder if those who look at the video camera tapes have me on their "watch list". :tongue3:

I know what you mean. How far can you streach to get a good look at the tray without drawing attention.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score, I'm dying to get my hands on one like that. A teller dangled one in front of me that she bought one time, but wouldn't even hear my offer to buy it from her. Lucky!

OP
OP
C

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 6'5" tall...I see EVERY teller tray...

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I often wonder that too! I eye up my teller trays every time I go in and take a peak at the camera to for fun but wonder do they think I am trouble or something.

That is an exceptional find! I hope to one day find one in circulation and only pay a dollar for it! :laughing7:

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often wonder that too! I eye up my teller trays every time I go in and take a peak at the camera to for fun but wonder do they think I am trouble or something.

That is an exceptional find! I hope to one day find one in circulation and only pay a dollar for it! :laughing7:

So do you really think that the bank (any bank) that holds stacks of currency in their vault (as well as in teller's drawers) is going to be overly worried that you are checking out a couple dollars of their loose change with your eyes?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often take a direct look at the teller and the camera and then look at their tray. I'm not afraid of them knowing my identity, hopefully that puts them at ease. I often say something like "sorry, I like old coins, I just wanted to take a peek to see if you had anything cool".

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
CT: the exact same thing happened to me about two years ago, except my keeper was a 188? Morgan. Either way, a nice find to your stack.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable! I have yet to see any dollar coins. I ask, but every time I'm looked at like I am from another planet. I guess around here they now hey are worth more and won't cough them up when/if they get them. I've even tried in other towns, but no joy in Muddville. Oh well, glad t see someone succeed at it...Brad

OP
OP
C

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I never thought I would ever find one in circ. I ALMOST don't care if I find another so someone else has the thrill. But I won't refuse it if another comes along...

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know 100 years ago, what you did was a norm. Hard to believe how we gotten to the system of banking we have today. Nice luck, being at the right place at the right time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread