What's your coolest eyeball find?

WheatFromChaff

Jun 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm used to finding lots of loose change on the floors around school, about $0.75 worth each week usually, but today being Pearl Harbor Day, I got a real kick out of finding a 1941 wheat this morning.

Just a cool coincidence, but it made me wonder what other neat coins/treasure people find just laying on the ground.
Any silver?
Key or semi-key dates?
Jewelry?

What are some of your coolest eyeball finds?
My inquiring mind wants to know.

-WFC

Upvote 0

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back in the day i worked in a Biker bar "Gush`s Bald Mouse" in Elmira N.Y.
Walked in for work once and two beautiful hookers sat at the end of the bar i bellied up to the bar real close to get a better look .
$100.00 bill laid at the closest one`s feet.... took a while but i scored ! just the hundred not the hooker !
Gary

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
would of trade the hundred

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw cash on the floor of a packed bar. People were walking right through the bills and one guy wheelchaired over them. I fell in behind him and scooped the cash. It was $270. I found that after earning $250 performing on the boardwalk outside the bar!
Also was packing up the detectors as Sandy was winding down and the water was ripping through the edge of the driveway. I had never satisfactorily detected the driveway because it was loaded with old coal and a pile of bottle caps, copper flashing and copper nails nails etc. As the water was scouring the dirt off the edge of the rocks I caught a glimpse of gold color. I bent down to pick up the suspected bottle cap and it was a 10k 1/2 ounce gold ring!!! Then I went to the beach and found,... nothing. Sandy had sanded it in.

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-I would like to say my wife too (Mackaydon), but she found me. I'm the lucky one there!
-But, swear to God, I found a live, pet tucan sitting in a hedge on my bike ride home from school as a kid. This was in Intervale, NJ back in the early 70's. A big reward in the local paper a couple days later made me wish I took it home. Don't know what happened to it.
-Also in the same NJ area, as a kid, I found a Standing Liberty Dollar. Still have it in my collection. Can't remember the date.
-Ten years ago, a Mercury Dime handed back to me as change at an ice cream stand near Machias, Maine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread