What's your coolest eyeball find?

WheatFromChaff

Jun 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm used to finding lots of loose change on the floors around school, about $0.75 worth each week usually, but today being Pearl Harbor Day, I got a real kick out of finding a 1941 wheat this morning.

Just a cool coincidence, but it made me wonder what other neat coins/treasure people find just laying on the ground.
Any silver?
Key or semi-key dates?
Jewelry?

What are some of your coolest eyeball finds?
My inquiring mind wants to know.

-WFC

Upvote 0

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing spectacular but my job allows me to work at many many different buildings so I am constantly looking down.

I find clad in parking lots almost every day. I also like to hunt around bushes or fences on the usual down wind parts of parks and parking areas, have found paper currency many times

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a number of them:

$20 bill in a bar parking lot

1893 Columbia Expo and Barber Halfs in 1K bags

A peace and morgan in a single bag of Ikes

9 Morgan and Peace dollars from a bank teller.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's mine... I found this around July and posted it then.

P8250020.JPG P8250019.JPG

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
This find wasn't anything special, but I still remember it as being my first eyeball find. I could not have been more than 5 or 6 and I was with my family in a train station in Boston. We had walked into the snack bar and I found a Spanish 5 cent (or whatever they used) piece laying on a bench.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eyeballed a 43 mercury dime under a coin star machine last year.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20150502_183610.jpg

Did someone ask for an eyeball find? :tongue3:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i love finding green glass railroad balls.
brad

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i love finding green glass railroad marbles.
brad

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was a kid, (in MA)....I was playing in the dirt beneath my porch.... found a 1865 Sheild nickel
That's all I can think of...
Oh wait, I did find a $100 bill once, but lost it within a few hours.....:dontknow:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago I eyeballed a 1774 Gold British Guinea just as the machine saw it. Twas a tie!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to say it was the stone adz I found which I was told predates the mound builders in this part of indiana

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find change everyday, somewhere around $1 - $2 a week. I have found bills before, $1 here and there. In March I found a $40 lottery ticket and a few months ago I found $45 in a parking lot. I was going to try and keep track of my finds but that to time consuming for me.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometime in 2015, can't remember when exactly, I was in a TD Bank dumping coins. When I got up to the teller to give them the ticket from the coin machine I noticed a piece of paper on the ground next to my feet that looked just like a ticket from the coin machine.

Picked the piece of paper up and sure enough it was a ticket from the coin machine from almost three hours prior, for something like $78.

Gave both my ticket and the ticket I had found on the ground to the teller and she cashed me out for both.

She was a little suspect at first, since the ticket was from a few hours earlier, but I had just told her I was in here earlier and there was a big line so I just decided to come back later.

Was a good day.

foundhound

Tenderfoot
Nov 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More finds by eye than ever with my detector... to name a few, silver and turquoise ring, silver ring, gold ring, meterorite, fossilized bones and others, fossil imprints, gold bracelet , gold necklace and pendant, $50 bill in envelope,$ 20 bill suspended underwater in ocean, $20 bill, several $10 and $5 dollar bills, tens upon tens of singles $, and hundreds in change! crystals, rocks, drug paraphanila...keys, foreign coins, old coins, damaged and mangled coins, tools, large ship anchor in fresh shallow water and the list goes on...

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every weekday I eat lunch at the same café. There is an atm immediately inside the front door of the café.

One time I found 3, $20's just outside the café door, and another time I found a single $20 just outside the café door...Easiest $80 I've ever eyeballed...Believe me, I'll keep eyeballing this locale!

Also, my daughter found a wad of cash when we were vacationing in southern Bolivia a few years ago. It contained $720! A few minutes later we realized my friend had dropped his "travel cash" as he dismounted the horse he had been riding (true!) :laughing7:

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1888 canada 25 cents in a park last october.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean like this photo-282.JPG
Or does anything count. When hunting the beach we called this being teed up, like a golf ball. My arrowhead hunting friend taught me that. Guess they find a lot of arrowheads like that. I couldnot count how many pieces ive eyeballed. Many times I see the object before I swing the coil over it. Being a beach comber all things are eye balled. But while metal detecting I have found 2 cobs. photo-69.JPG
photo-168.JPG
Oh ya......I did eyeball my wife across the room at a party
And then went and talked to her.i think I like foundhounds answer best . I could go on and on with things ive eyeballed. But im assuming that you mean while MDing. I have found money many times the largest amount being 1300$ in front of a bank blowing around the parking lot. At least 3 other people had handfuls of bills that day.i did not turn it in I kept mine. A couple years ago I slipped on a wad of bills in the parking lot of a gas station it was 400$ I went right to the gun shop and bought an ak-47 with it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread