Attachments

• 20170802_0001.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 141
  • 20170802_0002.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Hello all. I was going through some customer wrapped rolls of cents after work this morning. No errors or varieties and only a few common wheats . Then this spilled out of a roll. It's a 1863 Civil War Token! Made my day! Thanks for reading and looking, MM2.

That is so awesome! love that coin! I almost love it more than my 1/4 oz gold coin I found in a penny roll.

MM2-- Could you please post a link to your big 90% dream boxes?? I would love to check them out. Thanks, and excellent find!:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Saw the thread title and thought "Ho-Hum" just another thread showing some minuscule "error" that is essentially worthless. But then I saw the poster and knew that Mountain Man wasn't going to waste his time posting up junk. Fantastic find As a collector of CW tokens, I haven't seen that particular one before. I'm glad you found it and saved it.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jackpot! That's a beautiful CWT right there. Must have slipped in from Grandpa's coin collection...

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! Not sure a CWT find has been posted before.

Saw the thread title and thought "Ho-Hum" just another thread showing some minuscule "error" that is essentially worthless. But then I saw the poster and knew that Mountain Man wasn't going to waste his time posting up junk.

:laughing7:
:occasion14:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, my selective memory doesn't go back that far! Lol!

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments and likes. I haven't been able to find out too much about this one on line. I noticed the obverse and reverse don't line up when I turn it over. I guess rotated dies are normal for these tokens. They probably had a different method of striking back then.
Dreambox, I had one super dream box from about 5 years ago. If you're interested, i'll post the link. Do you a particular thread you'd like to see it under? Thanks again everyone. Never know what's going to show up in a roll. MM2

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Thanks for all the comments and likes. I haven't been able to find out too much about this one on line. I noticed the obverse and reverse don't line up when I turn it over. I guess rotated dies are normal for these tokens. They probably had a different method of striking back then.
Dreambox, I had one super dream box from about 5 years ago. If you're interested, i'll post the link. Do you a particular thread you'd like to see it under? Thanks again everyone. Never know what's going to show up in a roll. MM2

Yes, I would love a link to it.

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies. I had someone on another forum ask if it was real. I replied that as far as i could tell it was. Is this an item that was faked or copied? There is no copy stamp anywhere on it. I don't want to send it out to a third party grading service and spend more then it is worth just for that assurance. What do you all think?

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one of this design for sale on the big auction site now, yours looks better.
Look at the sold listings, pretty impressive prices!
One of those listings identifies it as Fuld 169/213 a R2

Cedric's

Jun 2, 2014
Eastern US
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Gold Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic find! I also found an 1863 Civil War token in a single mwr of cents awhile back. I believe I posted it here as well, but I have never seen one of the flag varieties found yet. WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread