Tnet Enquirer

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ANOTHER question for Grand Poobah of TN-E; This year is LEAP YEAR... will it affect "fall back" (1 hour) of clock (this weekend) or Dec. 21, 2012 (Mayan "thing")?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANOTHER question for Grand Poobah of TN-E; This year is LEAP YEAR... will it affect "fall back" (1 hour) of clock (this weekend) or Dec. 21, 2012 (Mayan "thing")?

Ah, the Mayans, and what they etched in stone. Great instincts there, Reb. Question is; This leap year, is there going to be some fallout from this fall-back that could send humanity into a completely uncontrolled free fall this fall? Actually, assuming such a thing obviously requires quite a leap of faith. So, this leap year it's extremely important that we all, "look before we leap" this fall or many believers could find themselves literally falling back into the stone age.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing is, the Myans are the ones whos world ended. They were way off on their prediction also. They disappeared around 800 ad so their 2012 prediction of the end was over 1200 years off. Why do we, as a robust, modern society, put so much stock in a prediction made over a thousand years ago by a failed civilization??

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing is, the Myans are the ones whos world ended. They were way off on their prediction also. They disappeared around 800 ad so their 2012 prediction of the end was over 1200 years off. Why do we, as a robust, modern society, put so much stock in a prediction made over a thousand years ago by a failed civilization??

Because they were not a failed culture/society.....they simply got tired of earth and flew back to Mayania Seven until they could find a better planet to live on. That's why. :laughing7: Geeezzz....have you not been keeping up on these things?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Or the myan secretary was dislexic and year 2012 was supposed to be 1202.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess the new ticm just showed up...

Speaking of TICM...here's my question: Where is ticm? I haven't heard from him in a while

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just worry the Mayans didn't take notice of day-lite savings time when they were making that calendar. We may have a hour less to live.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While here, oh great and wise BigScoop, was the death of Michael Jackson and Billy Mays prove there is a Supreme Beinging watching over us?

No. But they are proof that you can over sell yourself at a time when he's buying it. :laughing7:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MJ and Mays...yep, bad taste on my part. Should have kept my keys shut. Sneaking off into the night......

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bigscoop

You never gave me an answer

Where is TICM?

Top Member Reactions