OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all, I had a couple nice finds in my two boxes last night.

One box yielded one 40%er and one '64, which seems to be about an average box for now. The second box I did yielded two 40%ers, two '64s, my second '76s Silver proof, and a rough gold-plated bicentennial. I'm going to order some cardboard flips to keep some of my finds separate.
IMAG0193.jpg IMAG0188.jpg IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg IMAG0191.jpg IMAG0192.jpg

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a pretty active weekend doing some CRHing. We did another pair of boxes and were able to scrape by and keep our current silver streak alive. My box had a lone 40%er in the the 49th roll. My girlfriend had an awesome box though, scoring two 40%ers and SIX 90%ers, all Kennedys.

I also ran around to a bunch of banks looking for loose or CWR and finally had some luck there too. Out of what I've searched so far, I pulled three 40%ers from $4.50 loose from two banks. The '65 in the pic below is in pretty nice shape. At one of the banks, the kid teller was definitely trying to snipe some silver... He had a silver half, a quarter and a dime. He looked very very sad when I asked for the one he had, but I left him with his quarter and dime, just to be nice.
IMAG0195.jpg

I also searched $60 in CWR and got skunked there. I haven't had ANY luck with those so far. I have a bunch more to go through tonight though, so I'll update again tomorrow.

Edit- Looking back, I'm trying to determine if that '65 is a proof. It sure looks like one to me, but there isn't an S mint mark...?

Last edited:

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a good day! I bet the teller learned something today... keep it out of sight lol, but that's really nice of you not taking it all. I enjoy hitting all the banks around and trying the CWR way, you never know!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks starkizzle, he sure did! In doing the rounds today I was also able to see what branches of what banks have a coin machine, information that's very handy. I've seen others on this site say they have better results with CWR, but I haven't hit anything yet.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to you and your gf on more nice finds and keeping the silver streak going. I've managed to find silver in 6 out of my last 7 boxes so fortunately my boxes have been a little better lately. I've always done pretty good with cwr's in the past but so far this year my best cwr score was on Jan 3 when I got 6 x 40% from $150 in cwr's. But I've done pretty well with the loose halves and boxes this year so I sure can't complain. Good luck the rest of the month.

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
It's good to hear your boxes have been producing more lately. Maybe the summer months have got people out and turning in their silver. Hope to see you hit your 100 oz. goal!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I finished up the rest of my bank tour goodies with these results: Skunked on $500 of CWR. From two different banks they were all solid-date clad rolls.

I went through $25 of loose and scored another three 40%ers. That's six 40%ers over the past two days between $30 loose from three banks. Not bad!

I also did a box last night that yielded two 40%ers and one 90%er. I know my boxes are producing a lot more consistently than many of the other TNet members, so I'm certainly enjoying it while it lasts!

IMAG0197.jpg

Edit- Also picked up $20 Ikes, all clad. I think I will try selling these on eBay as they seem to be selling for a premium (for whatever reason).

Last edited:

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finished up the rest of my bank tour goodies with these results: Skunked on $500 of CWR. From two different banks they were all solid-date clad rolls.

I went through $25 of loose and scored another three 40%ers. That's six 40%ers over the past two days between $30 loose from three banks. Not bad!

I also did a box last night that yielded two 40%ers and one 90%er. I know my boxes are producing a lot more consistently than many of the other TNet members, so I'm certainly enjoying it while it lasts!

View attachment 1043920

Edit- Also picked up $20 Ikes, all clad. I think I will try selling these on eBay as they seem to be selling for a premium (for whatever reason).

Awesome finds. Which armored car service do you hunt?

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds for such a small amount searched. I've never had any luck with loose or customer rolled halves. The boxes produce for me, although I've never had a dream box. It amazes me how much silver there is out there. I find sliver every single week.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Avago, I would love to hear if you are successful in selling your loose Ikes on e-bay. I have about 35 loose Ikes, and have considered doing the same thing, but I've never used e-bay before, so there would be a learning curve.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome finds. Which armored car service do you hunt?

Hi fish on. My bank wouldn't tell me or doesn't know, and I haven't been there at the same time as the armored car. The boxes I get are flat ones that have holes in the top with a 4-digit number stamped on the bottom. I know that might not mean anything, but that's about all I know.

@Silverslug, that was the first luck I've ever had with loose halves and I've still yet to score from CWR. Earlier in the summer I picked up about $500 in Ikes and ended up turning them back into the bank. After other TNet members said that they were able to get above face via other selling avenues, I decided to give the eBay route a try. I've also never used eBay, but I will let you know how it goes.

Picked up $20 in loose halves today, all clad.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got about 100 or more clad Ike's I might be trying to sell myself. My LCS will give me an easy 5% profit so if I decide to try ebay then I'd need to get at least 20% or more over fv to do better than what my LCS will offer me considering ebay fees of 13 - 14%. But clad Ikes do seem like they sell for nice premiums on ebay so 20% + over fv shouldn't be a problem. Good luck with your Ike's and your next half boxes too.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey SF, I've hit up a few of my LCS with these and they just aren't interested. I'd gladly take the 5% from them if they would offer it. Craigslist might even be a better route to avoid the shipping and eBay fees, but then you have to deal with Craigslist people... Here's a nice little eBay/PayPal fee calculator I just came across: eBay PayPal Fee Calculator | Calculate your eBay/PayPal Profits

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Two boxes last night, skunked x2. I've noticed a return to the 6026 stamp that yielded the last batch of skunks. Lots of the coins in these boxes have been freshly marked. Unfortunately I had a comparatively large order this week so I might be sorting through skunks for a bit.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the lucky charm strikes again! While I was busy sorting through my skunk box this weekend, my lovely girlfriend squealed as she discovered our first Walking Liberty! She's in great shape too. She also pulled out one 90% and one 40% from the same box. She said her next goal is to find a Barber half CRHing... has it ever been done?

IMAG0207.jpg IMAG0208.jpg

Edit: Also picked up $127 Ikes, all clad.

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on finding your first Walker - she's a beauty. Looks like it could be in XF condition. Seems appropriate that your lady finds your first lady Liberty. Others have found Barber halves but Im still looking for my first one too. I just found my first '70D yesterday so now I need to find my first Barber and my first 90% silver proof. Some people have even found seated halves too but that's a pretty exclusive club to get into lol.

Looks like you have a lot more clad Ike's now too. I've got almost as many clad Ikes I might be trying to sell sometime soon so if you do try an ebay auction I'd be curious to know how your auction goes. Good luck the rest of the month.

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I just saw that Silverslug found a Barber and seven Walkers in a box the other day! Amazing! I guess it can be done. I know you've been looking for that '70 for a long time... I've yet to find one either, but you've been at it much longer than I have.

As far as the eBay auctions, I've been trying to crunch the numbers to see what kind of profit might come of it. The biggest variable for me seems to be shipping, as I've never shipped anything and everything with it seems to be a grey area as to size, weight, package/envelope/parcel, etc.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That's right, I almost forgot Silverslug just found that great box with all the Walkers and a Barber too. So yeah they are out there and still possible to find. I'll sure be shocked if I ever find one though. Btw, if you haven't already Id sure recommend putting that nice Walker in a 2 x 2 or some kind of protective holder because that beauty is sure no junk silver. I think StevePa found a nice Walker in very similar condition to yours fairly recently too. Both you guys live in the same area and seem to get really good boxes.

H$H!

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey SF, I've hit up a few of my LCS with these and they just aren't interested. I'd gladly take the 5% from them if they would offer it. Craigslist might even be a better route to avoid the shipping and eBay fees, but then you have to deal with Craigslist people... Here's a nice little eBay/PayPal fee calculator I just came across: eBay PayPal Fee Calculator | Calculate your eBay/PayPal Profits
Just two days ago I listed my 32 clad Ikes on Craiglist for $40 and have gotten several calls. I'm supposed to meet a guy this morning at my work to buy them for $40. If my math is correct, that's a 25% profit. Hopefully the guy shows up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions