*** The New XP Deus v.4 Release and News Updates***

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still crossing my fingers the update comes soon. I'm having great luck with my deus with the 11" coil that Indian heads are a common find so I don't post till I find something great. But I'm very interested in this new coil and may have to buy it when it becomes available. I hope soon I come on here and see it's been released so I can update the control unit and buy the new coil. Good luck everyone.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and post those IHC's regardless. The pics are informative in and of themselves and regardless how common the find users can benefit from your description of the actual find, the tonality, how accurate the Deus was pinpointing and any amusing anecdotes you care to share regarding the circumstances of your hunt etc.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466516976.079974.jpg here is a pic of a recent merc that was dug near road in field. It was a def dig signal at about 4" and is in great shape. I'll start posting pics of my Indians I find. They come in great on full tones and no mistaking it's a coin.

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1328133 here is a pic of a recent merc that was dug near road in field. It was a def dig signal at about 4" and is in great shape. I'll start posting pics of my Indians I find. They come in great on full tones and no mistaking it's a coin.

I have a place that gives up Indians fairly often, and you're right...in Full Tones there's no mistaking those deep Indians!

tyeehunter

Sep 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Sir

We envisage to arrive with these new version after the summer, it will be free to download. No new hardware for the DEUS coming, just new accessories like a gold prospecting coil with higher frequencies than standard DEUS and optional Pinpointer, all after the summer probably or end of the year.

Thanks

Cordialement/Regards

XPLORER Sarl

8 rue du développement - ZI de VIC

F-31320 Castanet Tolosan – France

Tel : 00 33 5 34 43 10 52

www.xpmetaldetectors

This was my response directly from xp. This was sent to me July 5th.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Annnnndddddd were still waiting ............................................... guess it isn't happening for 2016.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You must have been a lot of fun for your parents on Christmas Eve. :laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I talked to Moe during the week he mentioned the next couple of months and the pointer coming out the same time.

The pointer is what I want. 8 settings, cancels out coil when you turn it on. Transmits to headphones and compatible price to Garrett pointer. Yep to be able to here it in high winds or to keep everyone else from hearing in no wind. I'll be the first on my block.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep getting some mixed info on whether it will discriminate or at least provide full tones or show TID readings on the remote. If it does that, then it would be a god send for sifting through a relic trash pit laden with tin ration can pieces and square nails which will all set off the Garrett as much as a bullet or button.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked that. He didn't know. I should have mentioned that earlier.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Humm first it was... then it was.... next was...who knows when...at this point it looks like if not when.

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As someone interested in the XP, delay in version 4.0 is a bit unsettling. On the other hand, as a leading detector technology I think they would hold the release in until all known bugs are removed to keep negative "promotion" from occurring.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Hear that?

Those are French crickets.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you already have the best anything else is just a bonus.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I heard somewhere that there is some bad blood going on between Minelab and XP Deus that may have something to do with the delayed release of v.4

waynedig

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are starting to wonder what the hold up is? Can they really release it? Have they hit insurmountable engineering snags?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I heard somewhere that there is some bad blood going on between Minelab and XP Deus that may have something to do with the delayed release of v.4

I posted this in another thread - you can't make this stuff up:

Do a google search on "Minelab Sues XP". According to one article I read, the lawsuit is based on a Minelab patent regarding data transmission between detectors and between a detector and a computer. Does not appear to involve wireless technology and the patent (as is typical) is so broadly written that a number of MD manufacturers could be accused of having infringed on it. For example, one article states, "According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that it suffered damages to its business...because the defendants allegedly manufacture and offer for sale metal detectors that can store data." What I find most interesting is that Minelab, an Australian owned company, is suing XP (a French owned company) in a United States court (because it is a US patent). Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

BobTheDigger

Jul 7, 2016
SW PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP law suits are common between manufactures. Most get either dismissed or they settle and we never hear about them. A lot of times it is a tactic by one company to slow or stop the progress of another before a product hits the market, but the Deus has been out for years and I can't see this holding up an update - unless the update contains the alleged infringement. I don't think they'll get to far with the "detectors that can store data" argument. It will come down to how closely XP's technology matches Minelab's. It will be obvious if XP copied their methods but I'd bet they're miles apart. If the patent isn't well written it will be found invalid. If it is written well then they will easily determine if there was infringement. I hope they get this sorted out really, really quickly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions