*** The New XP Deus v.4 Release and News Updates***

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad they finally got it up there but a 23 MB file download is pretty instantaneous regardless of where the server is. Thanks for the link, though.

Negative on the instantenous part,,,if server is being taxed could be slower to get info.

Having a USA server will take pressure off of European one.

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's actually a feature. You need to manually shut off your headphones otherwise they will reacquire the coil themselves vs. through the controller. Didn't think it took 30 seconds though on 3.2 so I will have to compare before and after.

Mine never did that before the update, headphones always stayed on when I shut off the main controller. Okay found another bug, mine won't pick up a gold ring at 48" deep.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Negative on the instantenous part,,,if server is being taxed could be slower to get info.

Having a USA server will take pressure off of European one.

OK. I guess it wasn't getting slammed because it was instantaneous in my case. But point taken. Always good to have a second server link.

Speaking of server issues, have you ever figured out why your posts have the random ",,," throughout [like between the words "part,,,if", above]?

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine never did that before the update, headphones always stayed on when I shut off the main controller. Okay found another bug, mine won't pick up a gold ring at 48".

I thought it was momentary transfer (it had to re-link with the coil, I thought), probably transparent. Could be wrong and the coil is linked directly with the H/P. But if that was the case, you would not see the issue you are having with the controller. Perhaps something that has to do with being able to link up with the pinpointer vs. the coil. Who knows. I will have to test before and after 4.0. You may be on to something.

Last edited:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. I guess it wasn't getting slammed because it was instantaneous in my case. But point taken. Always good to have a second server link.

Speaking of server issues, have you ever figured out why your posts have the random ",,," throughout [like between the words "part,,,if", above]?

Yep,,they are caused by emi.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL.

If pre-existing...hmmmm.... It must not be a bug because 4.0 will be bug free.

Once finally described to me, the pinpointer bug from the Gold Rally debacle sounded serious - i.e., broken and definitely not ready for release. The other stuff sounds like tweaks. But bug free - you and I know that will not happen. Fatal bug rendering features or the package unusable, though, probably not. I guess I'm glad they are conscientious about it rather than the other way around. If they are going to be conservative, though, they need to get their marketing dept. to stop making promises the SW guys can't keep. They also could afford to take their time to get it 99% right because ver 3.2 is a solid build. Think about not really needing to release a bug fix update for over three years. Not bad.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I notice with version 4.
Using 3.2 version,,,in hay field behind my house,,when in 3 reactivity or higher,,I could never do a pumping GB.
Used version 4 in 3 reactivity and bingo,,it seems to balance using pumping method.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you believe I haven't downloaded it yet?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Allright! Official SW release without the hardware. :thumbsup:

First one to confirm a bug in V4.0 gets a 10k gold ring with ice. :goldtrophy:

Offer good for 48 hours.

bbd866767699fc1e2c6908c7790afb30.jpg

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad they finally got it up there but a 23 MB file download is pretty instantaneous regardless of where the server is. Thanks for the link, though.
Does anybody else here remember when it was like "OMG... 23 MEGAbytes?!? I'll be downloading for two days!!"

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anybody confirm for me that my personal presets won't be overwritten by the update? Or will I need to recreate those?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they will be. You need to recreate them.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Funny, I saw that they posted this "US" Link last night on the XP Deus America page.

DEUS Update Download the Latest Version | XP Metal Detectors Americas is running on a server located in Michigan.

xp us server.jpg

The download link points the the file located in France!

us deus.jpg

The link to the download from the US page running on a server in the US is to the file located on the XP servers in France! ha The US download link is to "www.xpmetaldetectors.com/DEUS/Update/DEUS_UPDATE_English_Setup.exe"

"www.xpmetaldetectors.com" is the website for the main XP company in France.

france deus.jpg

SO the only bandwidth savings in using the US link is for loading the website page to get to the link to download the exe.... which is a tiny fraction of the bandwidth needed in doing the update. Downloading the 20+mb file is still from the same server that the file is downloaded from on the regular xp site. So I wouldnt expect to see any increase in speed using the US site, relative to using the regular XP site in France. The bulk of the data is still being downloaded from the same French server.... unless I'm missing something here. So I dont think it really matters which website its downloaded from... if its slow on one, it will be slow on the other.

They should have moved the exe file over to the server running in Michigan. Then that would have taken some of the bandwidth bottleneck off of the French server. ha

Last edited:

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anybody offer a better explanation of this:

• Improved display and signal processing compatible with the new HF 21 frequencies. The display now has the ability to handle detection frequencies up to 81kHz (18kHz before), now with 7 frequency offsets (compared to 3 previously).

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anybody offer a better explanation of this:

• Improved display and signal processing compatible with the new HF 21 frequencies. The display now has the ability to handle detection frequencies up to 81kHz (18kHz before), now with 7 frequency offsets (compared to 3 previously).

I think its a more detailed way of saying "It supports the new HF coils" I think they just used the tech details as a line item in the new v4 features list to make it seem like there were more changes. But basically, the way I read that is the GUI on the remote will now support selecting the new HF frequencies as well as the 7 frequency offsets for each of the main 3 frequencies, giving a total of 21 frequencies with offsets for a new HF coil. That can all be condensed into "v4 supports HF coils" haha The frequency offsets will be no diff than the regular coils, however there will be 7 choices instead of 3.

EDIT: BTW, I'm guilty of doing line items like that in technical details for a software release to make it seem like more things were changed\added than really were. haha There would be no reason to release v4 with new HF coils, but not give the GUI on the remote the ability to handle selecting the new coil frequencies.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread