*** The New XP Deus v.4 Release and News Updates***

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waiting impatiently also lol

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heard that it was mainly going to be for a prospecting type setup, anyone else hear this or something along those lines?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Heard that it was mainly going to be for a prospecting type setup, anyone else hear this or something along those lines?

Remote PP feature with wireless connection to the deus (automatic sound switching)
Gps and mapping features
Deep search radar feature
Saltwater concentric coil

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Info received from XP Metal and translated:

V4.0 :

- An accessory called "2 Box" dedicated to deep target detection 2m / 3m deep.
- New coils coming out including a concentric 24/12cm running higher frequencies : 10, 20, 30 & 40Khz
- A Pinpointer patented from XP : lithium, waterproof and with a wireless connection with the DEUS headphones + rc controlled & tuned by the DEUS Remote Control or by an Android/Iphone Apps. Pricing should be similar to market average.

Hakan

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if i do not intend to do any saltwater detecting should i still wait to buy a Deus?
Is there a new coil for land detecting that surpasses The existing 9 and 11" coils in depth and precision?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So if i do not intend to do any saltwater detecting should i still wait to buy a Deus?
Is there a new coil for land detecting that surpasses The existing 9 and 11" coils in depth and precision?

V4.0 is just a software update and the availability of new hardware that won't replace the existing one.

The excellent 9' coil has been updated recently, new battery and lighter weight.

I just received the latest hardware version from DEUS today : 0.9Kg overall weight (!). Compared to the first release 5 years ago = almost -0.3Kg !

Recommand startup package : DEUS + RC + 9' (22.5cm) + WS4

204891DeusLastversionunboxing.jpg

98103516v4.jpg

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when is the version 4 coming? I've heard this spring and I've heard later in year. Does anyone know or is this just guessing?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So when is the version 4 coming? I've heard this spring and I've heard later in year. Does anyone know or is this just guessing?

Should be GA at the end of June.

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the new coils are concentric? That's interesting. Thought the 5x9 was going to be DD? It looks pretty obvious that to fully use the software upgrade in 4.0, purchasing new hardware is going to be a must. GPS and mapping features... How is that going to pan out with the current hardware? A deep search Radar feature? That with the 2 box set up, or something new in the coils? If it's new for the coils is that already in my coil and that software update will install that for me?

If you use your head it's kind of obvious that you will not be in the same boat if you buy a Deus now rather than waiting till the v4.0 comes out. I bought mine about a month ago and don't have regrets (yet). Currently I don't have plans to use mine on the beach so I don't feel I missed that opportunity. Others might though. GPS, Mapping, yea I'd like that. To call a spade a spade however, I know it would require me buying a new remote or coil to enjoy that software update. Or a new phone. So far the biggest thing I am excited for that I know I will be buying is the Pinpointer. Unless it is $600 lol. That is going to be such a help! Currently if I am in 8khz and I turn on my pinpointer, it doesn't seem to mater how far away I put the coil it goes crazy. I have to take my headphones off.

It just feels like potential buyers of the machine are being lied to and fed a bunch of malarkey, instead of honest truth being told to them.

If you buy a machine now, when 4.0 comes out, you will get new software, that is all. If you wait and buy a machine after the update, you will get with your purchase new software, and upgraded hardware with features like radar, gps, mapping, more frequencies, option of a concentric or DD search coil, and who knows what else at this point (just inserting whats been shared above).

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No difference in hardware between version 3.2 & version 4.0. This software update will just enable users to enjoy new software features such has gps mapping with their Android / apple phone. The acquisition of dedicated hardware for saltwater & deep search will remain optional.

You can buy your DEUS now, it is already compatible with v4.0

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the new coils are concentric? That's interesting. Thought the 5x9 was going to be DD? It looks pretty obvious that to fully use the software upgrade in 4.0, purchasing new hardware is going to be a must. GPS and mapping features... How is that going to pan out with the current hardware? A deep search Radar feature? That with the 2 box set up, or something new in the coils? If it's new for the coils is that already in my coil and that software update will install that for me?

If you use your head it's kind of obvious that you will not be in the same boat if you buy a Deus now rather than waiting till the v4.0 comes out. I bought mine about a month ago and don't have regrets (yet). Currently I don't have plans to use mine on the beach so I don't feel I missed that opportunity. Others might though. GPS, Mapping, yea I'd like that. To call a spade a spade however, I know it would require me buying a new remote or coil to enjoy that software update. Or a new phone. So far the biggest thing I am excited for that I know I will be buying is the Pinpointer. Unless it is $600 lol. That is going to be such a help! Currently if I am in 8khz and I turn on my pinpointer, it doesn't seem to mater how far away I put the coil it goes crazy. I have to take my headphones off.

It just feels like potential buyers of the machine are being lied to and fed a bunch of malarkey, instead of honest truth being told to them.

If you buy a machine now, when 4.0 comes out, you will get new software, that is all. If you wait and buy a machine after the update, you will get with your purchase new software, and upgraded hardware with features like radar, gps, mapping, more frequencies, option of a concentric or DD search coil, and who knows what else at this point (just inserting whats been shared above).

Although I don't have any inside info, the only advantage that I see in waiting is if you only want the new coil on your unit. the new coil is designed for gold prospecting, it will operate at higher frequencies than the existing coils offer today. The Gps mapping will be used in conjunction with an existing App for smartphones. All users old and new will have V 4 available to download when it is released. All users will get the benefit of the new beach/saltwater features, GPS mapping, etc. The two box coil is scheduled for release at a later date.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Although I don't have any inside info, the only advantage that I see in waiting is if you only want the new coil on your unit. the new coil is designed for gold prospecting, it will operate at higher frequencies than the existing coils offer today. The Gps mapping will be used in conjunction with an existing App for smartphones. All users old and new will have V 4 available to download when it is released. All users will get the benefit of the new beach/saltwater features, GPS mapping, etc. The two box coil is scheduled for release at a later date.

Wayne

+1Wayne

joncooper1986

Jul 31, 2014
Westhampton, MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 4.0 9" coil, 11" coil, WS4 w/ Detecting Doodads headphones, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update

I was told today by the only authorized repairer here in the states that it should be out by September

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I was told today by the only authorized repairer here in the states that it should be out by September

Good. I'm waiting cash in hand for that new coil.

Ps. I don't like the misleading title of this thread. :thumb_down:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in the market for the latest XP Deus so by waiting until September I'll have a little more saved up.
Will the new coil always be optional or will it be supplied with a new XP purchase? My apologies that wasn't quite clear to me.
Thanks.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They haven't told us yet if the new coil will be available as part of a Deus package (like the current 9" and 11" coils), but for sure it will be available seperately. :)

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
They haven't told us yet if the new coil will be available as part of a Deus package (like the current 9" and 11" coils), but for sure it will be available seperately. :)

Yes, it'll be a software update + extra coil, package will remain unchanged

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread