Do your research first.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For those who request a dowsing shot, please do your research first to make sure there is a high probability that what you are looking for is in or near your picture area.

Even though I have been field dowsing for several years now and have a high hit / success rate in the field, the other day, I made a big mistake. I posted a picture of an area I THOUGHT might contain what I was looking for. After that, I did some actual research through a local museum and learned the story I had been told was true. However, the version I was told from a friend (word of mouth), like so many stories and legends about treasures, had been told so many times down through the years, there was a very tiny resemblance to the truth. The end result was the actual location was on the same road, but about 10 miles to the east. Further more, the booty was taken by the killers at the time of the murder, but they had been seen in the nearest town spending and gambling it away after the incident. This murder, which happened in 1887, actually made the newspapers.

So, please DO YOUR RESEARCH first, then post. Remember also, to find treasure you must go where treasure is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions