Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is not a keyed shaft with a broken off bolt head... It's s
5/8ths threaded shaft. I still can't get it off, it has been soaking in penetrating oil for months, every so often I try to to give it a crack with the chain wrench and no go. I recently picked up an ancient keene vertical shaft pump that was on a keyed shaft with a bolt and it came apart like butter. Hoser I don't have any dynamite, would some black powder work?

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add some Magnesium from an old mag wheel to that black powder. It's works better than dynamite!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get a drift punch on the end of the bolt Give it a couple of good wacks with a big hammer , it works well on small engines . I agree with the kroil treatment also . You can worm the impeler and shaft and quence it with the kroil . I owned a small engine and chainsaw shop . I do some restoration on older dirtbike etc now .

OP
OP
N

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Motohed it worked! It was still a good hard struggle and I somehow put a big dent in the impeller with the chain wrench. I'm going to try chucking it up in a lathe and smooth it out some, try to make it look pretty. It wasn't bolted on, it has a threaded shaft.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on get it off , I new it would work . You just needed to keep at it . Heat , kroil , and a good shock , works well . I'm glad you got it .

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add some Magnesium from an old mag wheel to that black powder. It's works better than dynamite!
Magnesium and magaluminum is available from fireworks supply outfitters.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I would worry to much about the dent , it should still be balanced pretty well , if you remove to much material it may effect how well the pump works .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread