Build Your Own Vacuum / Blower - Page 13
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Build Your Own Vacuum / Blower

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2015
    Nevada Test Site
    Fisher Gold Bug 2
    18 times
    Prospecting
    Got my 251 from Craigslist. No worries with CARB there! Or if you have a friend in a neighboring state...
    spillercanyon likes this.

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites Goldmaster GMT, Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
    55 times
    Prospecting, Zuks, Trails, Casita SD, Geocaching,
    Try this place or google it and see what you can find

Echo Handheld Blower, Gas, 354 CFM, 191 MPH PB-255LNC | Zoro.com

Oct 2014
    Hatch, New Mexico
    1143 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by spillercanyon View Post
    Tried to order the 255 from Home Depot, they can't ship a 255 to Califor-suckia, this state is driving me crazy. Lots of gold but lots of hurdles to dig for it. Has anyone found a good alternative blower (or a way around the no shipping)?
    I just ordered one on Sunday... They sent me tracking on Monday saying it would be here today.... Saw the UPS man delivering up the street, ran out there to get my new toy, and he drove right by me.
    Apparently, Home Depot didn't fill up the truck on Monday, and it left Tuesday.

Buy from a smaller company, they'll ship it to you. Occasionally they pop up on e-bay. Send it to a relative or a friend, and have them ship it to you. Everybody needs to go to Vegas or Reno
    once in a while, have it shipped to a Home Depot there, and take a long weekend and pick it up.

You'll get one. Somehow, someway, you will.

us
    EZ

Nov 2014
    Fairfax Va
    Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
    69 times
    Prospecting
    Tried to order the 255 from Home Depot, they can't ship a 255 to Califor-suckia, this state is driving me crazy. Lots of gold but lots of hurdles to dig for it. Has anyone found a good alternative blower (or a way around the no shipping)?
    Go to there website and us the store locator
    Find an ECHO Dealer, Nearest ECHO Dealer Location | ECHO USA
    I got mine locally for the same price as online.
    Good luck

Oct 2014
    Hatch, New Mexico
    1143 times
    My Toy just got here, there is a tag in there babbling something about California... Seems like if you use it for more than 300 hours, then you can have it... But I don't know..

I just fired it up, inside the shop (2 garage doors open) Its pretty darn quiet.

us
    Jan 2012
    California
    460 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks everyone, went out yesterday and where I'm digging I could sure use a gold vacuum, especially with this drought. Looks like there are ways around California's rules. Any suggestions how to get around the dredging ban. LOL Thanks again!
    bobw53 likes this.

us
    Jan 2012
    California
    460 times
    Prospecting
    You'll get one. Somehow, someway, you will.[/QUOTE]

You know me too well.
    bobw53 likes this.

us
    Jan 2012
    California
    460 times
    Prospecting
    I love this place! Miners helping miners.
    KevinInColorado and Goodyguy like this.

Jul 2015
    I am gonna build one. What size router bit was used for the inside edge of the upper bulkhead? Where can I get a viper sticker? Joseph

Oct 2014
    Hatch, New Mexico
    1143 times
    This 251 just ran for 30 days and didn't sell at $79... Its back up for $69... But it doesn't work...

Echo PB 251 Leaf Blower | eBay

This listing is why I finally just bought a new one... I apparently don't need any more crap to fix.

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    Fisher Gold Bug 2, Whites Goldmaster GMT, Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
    55 times
    I've looked closely at the 251 when i built mine with the 255...... the 251 doesn't have the shroud capabilities like the 255 to attached it to the lid of the bucket

Oct 2014
    Hatch, New Mexico
    1143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
    I've looked closely at the 251 when i built mine with the 255...... the 251 doesn't have the shroud capabilities like the 255 to attached it to the lid of the bucket
    Hey Joe, I'm not sure how to tell you this, but.... your memory is about as good as mine.

Joe: post 29 in this thread.
    Question:In your first post you said the PB251 was last years model...... will that one work as well with the flat base and mounting screws?________ Just in case i find a used one.
    thnx,
    Azviper. post 30
    The 251 and 255 are of the same design, just a change in model numbers from year to year...
    You looked at the 250, the one that is a lot cheaper, and in stock at home depot.

I only know this because I've looked at this thread, or at least bits of it about 10 times in the past 2 weeks. 250, 251, 255 Which one do I need again??

us
    Aug 2012
    New River AZ
    55 times
    Funny.... The 255 which i used is perfect and easily bolts to the lid with a piece of reinforcement in between following the original instructions on page one. I used a poly cutting board from wal mart in between.
    Definitely one heck of a good crack vac and i also used the 6 gallon bucket with screw on lid
    Last edited by Joe Z; Jul 18, 2015 at 04:53 PM.
    bobw53 likes this.

us
    Aug 2015
    Redding/Susanville Ca
    Minelab 4500 Nokta FORS CoRe Whites Spectrum xlt
    25 times
    Tagged meself for a good winter project...

us
    Feb 2014
    Tennessee
    10 times
    So I picked up/ordered all the components. My dad has offered to help with the routering. I will not have my echo until next week and I am driving 4 hours to see him this weekend. Any chance someone who has built the viper can provide me with the diameter of the bulkheads and ID of hole for the blower? That way can cut all pieces and assemble when I get my echo. Much thanks in advance!!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Sponsored Links