Build Your Own Vacuum / Blower

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried to order the 255 from Home Depot, they can't ship a 255 to Califor-suckia, this state is driving me crazy. Lots of gold but lots of hurdles to dig for it. Has anyone found a good alternative blower (or a way around the no shipping)?

I just ordered one on Sunday... They sent me tracking on Monday saying it would be here today.... Saw the UPS man delivering up the street, ran out there to get my new toy, and he drove right by me.
Apparently, Home Depot didn't fill up the truck on Monday, and it left Tuesday. :(

Buy from a smaller company, they'll ship it to you. Occasionally they pop up on e-bay. Send it to a relative or a friend, and have them ship it to you. Everybody needs to go to Vegas or Reno
once in a while, have it shipped to a Home Depot there, and take a long weekend and pick it up.

You'll get one. Somehow, someway, you will.

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried to order the 255 from Home Depot, they can't ship a 255 to Califor-suckia, this state is driving me crazy. Lots of gold but lots of hurdles to dig for it. Has anyone found a good alternative blower (or a way around the no shipping)?

My Toy just got here, there is a tag in there babbling something about California... Seems like if you use it for more than 300 hours, then you can have it... But I don't know..

19754139645_fb910ce473_c.jpg

19131836714_7c9c2bc3a4_c.jpg

I just fired it up, inside the shop (2 garage doors open) Its pretty darn quiet.

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks everyone, went out yesterday and where I'm digging I could sure use a gold vacuum, especially with this drought. Looks like there are ways around California's rules. Any suggestions how to get around the dredging ban. LOL Thanks again!

cyberjoe38

Jul 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am gonna build one. What size router bit was used for the inside edge of the upper bulkhead? Where can I get a viper sticker? Joseph

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
I've looked closely at the 251 when i built mine with the 255...... the 251 doesn't have the shroud capabilities like the 255 to attached it to the lid of the bucket

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've looked closely at the 251 when i built mine with the 255...... the 251 doesn't have the shroud capabilities like the 255 to attached it to the lid of the bucket

Hey Joe, I'm not sure how to tell you this, but.... your memory is about as good as mine.

Joe: post 29 in this thread.
Question:In your first post you said the PB251 was last years model...... will that one work as well with the flat base and mounting screws?________ Just in case i find a used one.
thnx,

Azviper. post 30
The 251 and 255 are of the same design, just a change in model numbers from year to year...

You looked at the 250, the one that is a lot cheaper, and in stock at home depot.

I only know this because I've looked at this thread, or at least bits of it about 10 times in the past 2 weeks. 250, 251, 255??? Which one do I need again?????

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny.... The 255 which i used is perfect and easily bolts to the lid with a piece of reinforcement in between following the original instructions on page one. I used a poly cutting board from wal mart in between.
Definitely one heck of a good crack vac and i also used the 6 gallon bucket with screw on lid

Last edited:

Goldie

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I picked up/ordered all the components. My dad has offered to help with the routering. I will not have my echo until next week and I am driving 4 hours to see him this weekend. Any chance someone who has built the viper can provide me with the diameter of the bulkheads and ID of hole for the blower? That way can cut all pieces and assemble when I get my echo. Much thanks in advance!!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The size of the bit is based on the circle jig and the size of the hole to be cut. In my case I was using a 1/2 inch bit.

johngfoster

Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Garret pans (10", 14", SuperSluice),
Home-built Gold Hog-ish Highbanker a la Raptor
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So anyone got any pics of gold they've found with this device so far?

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Joe unless Echo changed the design of the 251 that you looked at, but this shroud of the 251 can clearly be bolted to the lid.

251.jpg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So anyone got any pics of gold they've found with this device so far?

The VAC is used to get down on bedrock scrapping in the crevices and vacuuming the hard to reach areas where gold gets stuck.

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The VAC is used to get down on bedrock scrapping in the crevices and vacuuming the hard to reach areas where gold gets stuck.

Mine works great!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread