OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will have to go a long way to replace my etrac. But if it does, then great. I hope one day we have detectors that can distinguish gold from aluminum. I hear they are close to being able to do just that.

Technology grows by leaps and bounds, who knows what we will have 5 years from now. I just hope that the equinox is the next evolution that the hype claims it is.

I think the thing that Minelab did that was game changing was figuring out how to employ a multifrequency technology (in this case MultiIQ vs. FBS for the etrac) combined with excellent recovery speed. Putting it in a waterproof package (ALL detector manufacturers should be doing this now, no excuses) and taking advantage of light materials and packaging are just icing on the cake. Will it outdo eTrac in some respects, probably. I don't want to link to a Minelab blog because I think it violates forum rules, but basically Minelab themselves state that MultIQ is about as good as FBS/BBS but since the "No Free Lunch" axiom dictates that there must be some tradeoff (in this case for the superior recovery speed vs. FBS/BBS) it will not be quite as deep as FBS/BBS on silver in SOME circumstances. I personally can live that. The eTrac and CTX owners will have to decide for themselves whether that is a deal breaker with some real world bake off testing and trial runs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread