Equinox 600 Now to Be Referred to Exclusively as *

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Minelab site mysteriously disappeared for a few hours yesterday and then rematerialized sans the Equinox 600. Yes it became a non-Detector overnight save for a few sloppy dead links and the * notes on the now obsolete Equinox Starter Guide. Hmm, the Marketing Grinch stole the 600 from all those 5 folks who pre-ordered it instead of the 800 from the dealers. :censored: :occasion18:

Apparently the above is FAKE NEWS! 600 page is back up.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For real? Maybe Santa told them to go somewhere irreverent.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if thats the case then I guess Minelab will continue to be the only major Brand I have never owned

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's a different detecting world from when the Xterras came out. Accidental new flagship?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't particularly want one. Every one I've been able to try weighs as much as a freight train. Now I know this new one is lighter, but I got to swing one briefly and it didn't seem well balanced to me. They are great if you want deep targets and there's no trash nearby. Like in the middle of the desert. Looking for meteorites. Or gold in the outback of Australia, but not in my nail infested areas. I need a good vlf machine and already have three.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess it's back. Link was dead a few minutes ago. Lol. Minelab generating buzz by randomly shutting down pages on their website. Pretty savvy. Oh well, there goes my credibility. Guess I can't get that job at TMZ now.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess it's back. Link was dead a few minutes ago. Lol. Minelab generating buzz by randomly shutting down pages on their website. Pretty savvy. Oh well, there goes my credibility. Guess I can't get that job at TMZ now.

no, but you could be president in 2020

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's true. Jeff has it right. If 2020 gets here.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't particularly want one. Every one I've been able to try weighs as much as a freight train. Now I know this new one is lighter, but I got to swing one briefly and it didn't seem well balanced to me. They are great if you want deep targets and there's no trash nearby. Like in the middle of the desert. Looking for meteorites. Or gold in the outback of Australia, but not in my nail infested areas. I need a good vlf machine and already have three.

I am pretty sure, smokeythecat, that this machine will prove to be a much better performer that what you are implying. I don't think your description of Minelab's prior machines is accurate, but I particularly think that the "only capable of doing well with no trash nearby" description will be an incorrect characterization of the Equinox's capabilities. We shall see...

Steve

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have never used and mastered a CTX 3030, I am glad :) We do not need any more 3030 experts out there... LOL... really, its the best machine I have used in 40 years of detecting. You guys keep bashing it and we will keep cleaning up behind you. Thanks ...

Since I bought my CTX the rest of my detectors just are collecting dust... My Etrac, Fisher F75 SE DST LTD, White's MXT All Pro... etc.

I dont leave my house without my 3030 and my Glock 17 :)

Gary from Oregon

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't some obscure 'civilization' or 'journalist' predict 2020 for the apocalypse?

Probably, there a tons of these idiots predicting "the end of the world". So far, they've all failed and looked like morons. Why would anyone even want to go out on a limb like that? Even if you end up being right, who will be around for you to brag to? :icon_scratch:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought 2023 was the apocalypse when some asteroid gets us. Or maybe tomorrow if we don't play in traffic right.

Sgoss66, I was referring to PI machines with the trash. Minelab has been best known for their PI machines. I have owned two PI machines and they did ok unless there was trash or nails at the site. At which point they became nearly worthless. Must have been thinking about two different things at the same time.

As far as the Equinox goes, I'm sure it will be a decent machine. As stated before I want to try out a machine before I get it off some internet site. Right now, I have enough machines probably to last the rest of my life. The cat's getting older and older and older.

Last edited:

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Minelabs,Red Heats, XP's, Fisher, Whites, others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just seen on another site that someone has been told by a dealer that the Equinox is being pushed back till end of January . Didn't say which year !! Hope not 2020 !

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seen on another site that someone has been told by a dealer that the Equinox is being pushed back till end of January . Didn't say which year !! Hope not 2020 !

Ugh! That's so depressing. Hope its not true, maybe some other dealers could chime in. An Italian dealer said he was supposed to get them in this week. I don't know what to think. I just wish I could get out to do some hunting with my CTX in the mean time

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If they don't release them tomorrow then something is seriously wrong and they need to change the name. Easternox maybe?

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugh! That's so depressing. Hope its not true, maybe some other dealers could chime in. An Italian dealer said he was supposed to get them in this week. I don't know what to think. I just wish I could get out to do some hunting with my CTX in the mean time

That approximate release date information is on the Minelab Site now. See Treasure Hunter's post in the other thread.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Only about a month away, I know you guys that have already ordered are anxious as i would be too. I think its going to be a winner.

Until i am able to get one, my etrac and me will be digging.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions