FINALLY! An affordable, great set of APTX LL Headphones! ArchMage SoundClean-09. A+++

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after my hassle with the MPOW's, and the continuing effort to get a full refund for the advertised Low Latency, but actually non-LL headphones, I went online and started researching.
I was already aware of the BT80's, Tronds, and other APTX LL headphones, but I dug deeper.
What I found was the ArchMage SoundClean-09 headphones that were a lot cheaper than the others, and had excellent reviews. I was certainly skeptical, but figured "what the hell", and ordered the readily available headphones from Amazon for $45.00 shipped (Prime). They arrived today, and I was fully expecting a repeat of the MPOWS as far as pairing was concerned. My worries were unfounded!

The SoundCleans paired quickly with my 600 and with the LL "+" symbol indicating true Low Latency. Awesome start! Ran the detector over some coins and the lag was virtually non-existent. Sound was very clean and precise. Music sounds great too! Microphone built in, with cell capabilities, as well as the song manipulation features of more expensive units. Available in black or mint green.

The controls are not on par with the MPOWS, or others that have very palpable buttons, and there is no cover on the USB charging port, but for $20+ dollars less than competing headphones, I'm ecstatic. The headphones are close, but not quite full ear covering, and are extremely comfortable and without hot spots that would cause issues after a few hours. Even better is the TRUE almost 50 hours of operation after a full charge. (4 hours from fully discharged). The instructions are clear, and the company is apparently very Customer Service oriented. The warranty includes a 30-day "no questions asked" money-back return guarantee and a 18-month extended warranty. True APTX LL capability for a great price! Includes a nice carrying case that fits the rotating earpieces well to fit. Wired connection and charging cable included, along with some marketing incentives. The head band is very comfortable and adjustable for big heads...like mine!

Lots of very positive reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, as well as a number of YouTube videos reviewing the phones!

I have found MY solution to the APTX LL dilemna for the 600!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0774YGR61/ref=twister_B07CH9B339?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
Cheers,
SittingElf

Last edited:

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats, cant go wrong for the money.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to clarify since i'll be (finally) getting my 600 soon, these pair with your 600 with nothing else needed? No module or anything else? I remember reading that one of the reasons for getting the 800 was its wireless headphones and module. Clearly, I've misunderstood something along the way :-)

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to clarify since i'll be (finally) getting my 600 soon, these pair with your 600 with nothing else needed? No module or anything else? I remember reading that one of the reasons for getting the 800 was its wireless headphones and module. Clearly, I've misunderstood something along the way :-)

The 600 supposedly will pair up with most bluetooth headphones without anything else needed.

OP
OP
SittingElf

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yup... nothing else needed except your head to place them on! They pair with the 600 without any issues and provide the "+" sign indicating full Low Latency.

Your confusion regarding the 800, is that the 800 will pair just like the 600 for Bluetooth, but it ALSO has the ability to wi-fi (not Bluetooth) to the WM08 module that can be attached to your belt and then use wired headphones for super low-latency, though most people have found that 30-40ms Low Latency with the Bluetooth headphones designed for LL are well sufficient and do not hamper the detector's capability and speed in any way. The WM08 module can reduce latency to 17ms, but you are still wired, though to your person, not the detector.

Love the new headphones. Freedom, at last!!

Frank

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup... nothing else needed except your head to place them on! They pair with the 600 without any issues and provide the "+" sign indicating full Low Latency.

Your confusion regarding the 800, is that the 800 will pair just like the 600 for Bluetooth, but it ALSO has the ability to wi-fi (not Bluetooth) to the WM08 module that can be attached to your belt and then use wired headphones for super low-latency, though most people have found that 30-40ms Low Latency with the Bluetooth headphones designed for LL are well sufficient and do not hamper the detector's capability and speed in any way. The WM08 module can reduce latency to 17ms, but you are still wired, though to your person, not the detector.

Love the new headphones. Freedom, at last!!

Frank

This is awesome information to hear! Just ordered my EQ600 from Fort Bedford and i'll order up a pair of these headphones too!

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the exact headphones I ordered after browsing around for awhile. I hadnt seen this post but I had the same conclusion. They have arrived before my 600 but your post confirms they will be an excellent pairing (pun intended) with the 600.

Out of the box these headphones felt well made and were very comfortable on my ears. I was also happy to see it came it an aux cord with 1/8" plug. I wanted to see if these headphones worked like traditional corded headphones and would play music from my phone without the need of them being charged, and they work perfectly. No charge needed to use headphones when corded. So incase these die during a hunt I can just plug them in the detector.

They were a great buy for the price and I also reccomend them.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered a pair to go with my EQ600 arriving Thursday!!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got these in today along with my detector and wow, for 40.00 bucks, they are very comfortable and paired right up, nothing else needed, they are even giving the "+" low latency symbol on the equinox screen! I can't speak to durability and battery life yet, but they sound great and feel great and not having cords is heaven!

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having trouble with my soundcleans. Can't get them to connect to the 600 or even my phone. They don't show up as a Bluetooth device. Aggravating.

OP
OP
SittingElf

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having trouble with my soundcleans. Can't get them to connect to the 600 or even my phone. They don't show up as a Bluetooth device. Aggravating.

I know this is a silly question, but are you holding down the Power Button for at least 8 seconds until you hear "Pairing" in the headphones....and THEN pair button on your 600?

If that isn't the issue, then I'd contact the company. They seem VERY customer service oriented, and maybe you just got unlucky with a faulty set.

Let us know....

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wasn't stupid at all. I'm sitting next to a new cellar hole and pulled up your reply and...god bless you! It worked. In paired up. Thank you x10000

OP
OP
SittingElf

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wasn't stupid at all. I'm sitting next to a new cellar hole and pulled up your reply and...god bless you! It worked. In paired up. Thank you x10000

LOL! Like the old school acronym goes, but with a slight change (RTFM!!)

El_Cid_2000

Apr 25, 2018
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 400
Garrett GTA 1000 (recently deceased)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just a quick bump to this; these headphones are currently down to $34.99 with free shipping. I've had mine for a few weeks and they're well, well worth the money if you want to go wireless.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will pass on this infro. to a friend with the 600, Thank you.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also a good option for those with the 800 who are having problems with the stock wireless headphoones. Some have reported issues with the power button sticking and causing the headphones to fail to connect because they repeatedly go into pairing mode because of this issue.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also a good option for those with the 800 who are having problems with the stock wireless headphoones. Some have reported issues with the power button sticking and causing the headphones to fail to connect because they repeatedly go into pairing mode because of this issue.

Hmmm...good thought, I've not had any issue with the stock phones on the 800, but having been so use to heavy duty GG phones, these wireless one do seem (at least to me" delicate?.) Would not hurt to have a pair of back ups.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ordered a pair. I have had many problems with the power switch getting stuck on the default headphones and having it go into pairing mode instead of simply powering up and connecting. I switched to the wireless module and a pair of Gray Ghosts, which works well, but as a Deus owner, I really don't want any wires, if possible. So, thanks for the tip!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought, I have not had any problems yet, just wonder that if power switch DOES get stuck, would a spray of electrical contact cleaner free it up? or....would that be one of those "wrong" moves to take.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plastic button usually has a plunger underneath that depresses a membrane switch (which is not externally metallic and also not the thing that is hanging up). What is happening is dirt and debris are getting in the space between the external button and the headphone case. I would only use a volatile contact cleaner that says it is safe to use on plastic (will not dissolve or melt the plastic) and that will completely evaporate and not leave a residue. Not sure it will help, but if it doesn't damage the plastic and doesn't just put a bunch of dissolved gunk into the headphone internals, worth a try, I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions