FINALLY! An affordable, great set of APTX LL Headphones! ArchMage SoundClean-09. A+++

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sitting Elf. Went to the Amazon website you posted, The only ArchMage were Clear Sound 4.2, nothing that reads SoundClean 09. are they one and the same? Just now looked again at your post in another forum, where you had posted a picture, and looked again at the picture with Amazon, they look like a match. Ordered two pair, one for a backup on my 800, and one for a friend with the 600.

Last edited:

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a thought, I have not had any problems yet, just wonder that if power switch DOES get stuck, would a spray of electrical contact cleaner free it up? or....would that be one of those "wrong" moves to take.
No, this is just a matter of the top edge of the button getting wedged under the edge of the hole (difficult to describe). Just a poor design. The button is seated just slightly crooked... enough to cause it to jam.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The plastic button usually has a plunger underneath that depresses a membrane switch (which is not externally metallic and also not the thing that is hanging up). What is happening is dirt and debris are getting in the space between the external button and the headphone case. I would only use a volatile contact cleaner that says it is safe to use on plastic (will not dissolve or melt the plastic) and that will completely evaporate and not leave a residue. Not sure it will help, but if it doesn't damage the plastic and doesn't just put a bunch of dissolved gunk into the headphone internals, worth a try, I guess.

In case you miss my previous post, this is something that was happening to them out of the box. It is a design problem... no kind of gunk involved.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So after my hassle with the MPOW's, and the continuing effort to get a full refund for the advertised Low Latency, but actually non-LL headphones, I went online and started researching.
I was already aware of the BT80's, Tronds, and other APTX LL headphones, but I dug deeper.
What I found was the ArchMage SoundClean-09 headphones that were a lot cheaper than the others, and had excellent reviews. I was certainly skeptical, but figured "what the hell", and ordered the readily available headphones from Amazon for $45.00 shipped (Prime). They arrived today, and I was fully expecting a repeat of the MPOWS as far as pairing was concerned. My worries were unfounded!

The SoundCleans paired quickly with my 600 and with the LL "+" symbol indicating true Low Latency. Awesome start! Ran the detector over some coins and the lag was virtually non-existent. Sound was very clean and precise. Music sounds great too! Microphone built in, with cell capabilities, as well as the song manipulation features of more expensive units. Available in black or mint green.

The controls are not on par with the MPOWS, or others that have very palpable buttons, and there is no cover on the USB charging port, but for $20+ dollars less than competing headphones, I'm ecstatic. The headphones are close, but not quite full ear covering, and are extremely comfortable and without hot spots that would cause issues after a few hours. Even better is the TRUE almost 50 hours of operation after a full charge. (4 hours from fully discharged). The instructions are clear, and the company is apparently very Customer Service oriented. The warranty includes a 30-day "no questions asked" money-back return guarantee and a 18-month extended warranty. True APTX LL capability for a great price! Includes a nice carrying case that fits the rotating earpieces well to fit. Wired connection and charging cable included, along with some marketing incentives. The head band is very comfortable and adjustable for big heads...like mine!

Lots of very positive reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, as well as a number of YouTube videos reviewing the phones!

I have found MY solution to the APTX LL dilemna for the 600!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0774YGR61/ref=twister_B07CH9B339?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
Cheers,
SittingElf

I got my pair delivered the very next day! Charged them up and went out and gave them a try tonight.

1) Very comfortable
2) Paired right away.
3) Sounded crisp and clear

The possible downside though was an annoying sporadic crackle, kind of like what you'd get if there was a loose wire in a wired set. Doesn't really make them unusable, but it was very annoying. I was not able to figure out how to force it to happen. Its just random. Anybody else getting this?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, this is just a matter of the top edge of the button getting wedged under the edge of the hole (difficult to describe). Just a poor design. The button is seated just slightly crooked... enough to cause it to jam.

Good to know, something to be aware of and be careful with. Thank you.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you miss my previous post, this is something that was happening to them out of the box. It is a design problem... no kind of gunk involved.

Yeah, I have not encountered the plastic fitup issue, I thought it was just something that to worse after some outside usage. Just couldn't remember the details. My phones are somewhat dirty but I have not experienced the problem, was just assuming stuff was getting in there. If it is a fitup issue then, yeah, contact cleaner will not work. Looks like some quality control issues at the ML contracted Chinese headphone manufacturer.

I got my pair delivered the very next day! Charged them up and went out and gave them a try tonight.

1) Very comfortable
2) Paired right away.
3) Sounded crisp and clear

The possible downside though was an annoying sporadic crackle, kind of like what you'd get if there was a loose wire in a wired set. Doesn't really make them unusable, but it was very annoying. I was not able to figure out how to force it to happen. Its just random. Anybody else getting this?

Good to know, something to be aware of and be careful with. Thank you.

I would use the Amazon return policy and get a new pair to see if it is a one off or another design problem.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would use the Amazon return policy and get a new pair to see if it is a one off or another design problem.

I may very well do that, but I'd like to first give them a try at another site, to eliminate the possibility that it was just some sort of local EMI. I'd also like to see if anyone else reports similar static.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread