Going tomorrow to a property where the British camped here in Louisiana.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And I also wanted to thank Possumcop for not only bring me to this spot but mainly not getting mad at me constantly laughing when I saw a man at deaths door. Call it a weird sense of humor but his face was priceless. Lmao!!! I believe me and this man will have a bond forever I truly believe that.

I crack up laughing still. I embarrassed to say I was laughing the whole time my wife read his comment while I almost chocked on my steak. On a positive note my wife said he’s a good descriptive writer. Lmfao [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I love you Possumcop!!!

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ahh, the memories that one one endures. Sometimes they are miserable and later laughable but these are the ones that reinforce the things that you now know without a shadow of doubt are important...if I do that ever again, I am a true idiot! yep, been there, done almost that, just slightly different LOL. glad it worked out okay for you two

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And I also wanted to thank Possumcop for not only bring me to this spot but mainly not getting mad at me constantly laughing when I saw a man at deaths door. Call it a weird sense of humor but his face was priceless. Lmao!!! I believe me and this man will have a bond forever I truly believe that.

I crack up laughing still. I embarrassed to say I was laughing the whole time my wife read his comment while I almost chocked on my steak. On a positive note my wife said he’s a good descriptive writer. Lmfao [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I love you Possumcop!!!!

Tell ya wife thank you for her complement!!! OH, please don't choke on ya steak, but if ya do I'll bring you a warm jug of water... "D" lol2.gif

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ahh, the memories that one one endures. Sometimes they are miserable and later laughable but these are the ones that reinforce the things that you now know without a shadow of doubt are important...if I do that ever again, I am a true idiot! yep, been there, done almost that, just slightly different LOL. glad it worked out okay for you two

I laughed but I’ll never ever leave a man down

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell ya wife thank you for her complement!!! OH, please don't choke on ya steak, but if ya do I'll bring you a warm jug of water... "D" View attachment 1614767

I felt bad for having to bring you piss hot water not realizing at that point IT DOESN’T MATTER!! Lol

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Possumcop this was the closest thing I could find how you looked lol

Add palmetto, vines, briars, Kudzu, spiders, snakes, wild hogs and other plants and shrubs that I had never seen before and I'd agree with it... nod.gif

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Add palmetto, vines, briars, Kudzu, spiders, snakes, wild hogs and other plants and shrubs that I had never seen before and I'd agree with it... View attachment 1614777

All jokes aside that Louisiana swamp land is unforgiving. It is worst then the Amazon and it was 107 degrees that day. It’s was truly a place that can take you out....for real. The good Lord was truly, I mean truly, carrying you [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow. Glad you got out of there and not on a stretcher! Thanks for the reminder on how important it is to pack and drink plenty of water.

If I head down your way, I know two guys I would love to go detecting with - glad you were looking out for each other.

VF, You're always welcome in our neck of the woods and it'd be a please to meet and hunt with you also... "D"

P.S. We have a big house so you'll have a nice spot to lay ya head...

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there is a hunt yall will never ever forget.. Those are always the best ones, skunked or not, because the Treasure you really found, was in the story of the hunt and adventure, friendship and camaraderie, and a successful safe return to hunt another day.

Great Story...

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now there is a hunt yall will never ever forget.. Those are always the best ones, skunked or not, because the Treasure you really found, was in the story of the hunt and adventure, friendship and camaraderie, and a successful safe return to hunt another day.

Great Story...

You are 100% right buck I’ll never forget it

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Poison Ivy!! Get rid of that calamine lotion. It does nothing. Go to WalMart and get a bottle of Tec-Nu. It is soap that will remove the poison ivy or oak oil. Several washings if you have it bad. I swear by the stuff. Gary

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Poison Ivy!! Get rid of that calamine lotion. It does nothing. Go to WalMart and get a bottle of Tec-Nu. It is soap that will remove the poison ivy or oak oil. Several washings if you have it bad. I swear by the stuff. Gary

Gary I will and I repeat I will get it today. Old school calamine ain’t cutting the mustard. Thanks for the tip my friend.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mississippi river bottoms are bad even up here (Iowa). Vines, thorns. vines with thorns, poison oak, ivy, sumac and the heat/humidity. Years ago on a canoe trip my long haired buddy went to find firewood. an hour later he came back in rough shape. And he had a new bee hive hairdo thanks to burrs + sticker bushes. We needed to stop at a town to get medicine for the rash and cuts he had but first i cut his hair with a knife cuz he wouldn't go to town with his new updoo hair style. I laughed a little too.:laughing7: Glad you had someone there.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks for the tip Gary!!! "D"

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mississippi river bottoms are bad even up here (Iowa). Vines, thorns. vines with thorns, poison oak, ivy, sumac and the heat/humidity. Years ago on a canoe trip my long haired buddy went to find firewood. an hour later he came back in rough shape. And he had a new bee hive hairdo thanks to burrs + sticker bushes. We needed to stop at a town to get medicine for the rash and cuts he had but first i cut his hair with a knife cuz he wouldn't go to town with his new updoo hair style. I laughed a little too.:laughing7: Glad you had someone there.

Nagant, If I didn't have a military hair cut my hair would've probably looked like your buddies!!! plus, to add insult to injury, that'd just gave Truth more to laugh at... rofl.gif

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nagant, If I didn't have a military hair cut my hair would've probably looked like your buddies!!! plus, to add insult to injury, that'd just gave Truth more to laugh at... View attachment 1614949

Possumcop copy and paste your post to the metal detecting forum. I believe it’s a story/lesson that sound be shared.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I laughed but I’ll never ever leave a man down

I was waiting for the part where you grab his detector and head back towards the truck. Then when he asked what you were doing ,saying "but no one will steal you if they find you!"
(Just kidding P.-Cop.)

Now I feel itching skin all over....

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Google Earth to get around rough areas. I add the lat & lon coordinates to Delorme Topo USA 6.0 and carry a Delorme PN-20 to do the field work. The PN 20 is a handheld GPS with a topographical mapping feature and Delorme Topo USA is a computer program on my laptop. Delorme was a Maine company that got bought out. Their products can be bought cheap now on that famous auction site.
Sound like you guys needed a bulldozer and a brush hog.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great permission, stay low and slow, best of luck!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread