Any new thoughts on the Equinox Updates

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the videos below and decide for yourself. Some issues with edge on targets, especially high conductors, with the original software so ML addressed that with the update and fixed a bug where all your settings would reset if you turned off the detector while using the program stored in the user profile slot.

Folks complained the new software caused more falsing, especially with the small coil.

Can't please everyone.

The good news is you can easily move back and forth between the original and updated software so you are not stuck with the update if you end up not liking it.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...ng-ver-1-5-0-1-7-5-sweeping-silver-coins.html

I personally have no issues with the latest software version and have been using it since it came out. Other than fixing the User Profile bug, the tweaks are relatively minor and it comes down to user preference. For 90% of the stuations you encounter, probably no perceptible difference.

RayinAlaska

Oct 23, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Sovereign
Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing I did after buying an Equinox was to install the new software, so I have no idea how well or not the original one was. But I have not experienced any negative issues with the current firmware update.

Last edited:

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't noticed much difference here. In Oklahoma my ground varies from neutral to mineralized red clay. So far, still running the latest with no issues.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread