Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a weird tale! I wouldn't believe it except.....I had an old cat that hated everyone , all people, 'cept me! She would hiss and growl at everyone that tried to pet her. My wife was always trying to get me to get rid of her but I kinda' liked the special relationship. The cat was about 13 years old when she got cancer in one of her kidneys and I had to put her down. She always slept on my feet and kept them warm in the winter. At odd times I'll be laying in bed an can feel that old cat jump up on my bed! My wife says she feels it too! Not long ago my daughter was napping on the bed and when she awoke she told us she had felt something jump up on the bed but when she looked nothing was there! So, it's not just you omni...If there are aleins I think they are cats! Where's my aluminum foil hat when I need it? Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this is getting weird! As I was typing my first response, my computer just shut down! No reason, just turned itself off! I'm staying away from this topic! Monty

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Now this is getting weird!? As I was typing my first response, my computer just shut down!? No reason, just turned itself off!? I'm staying away from this topic!? Monty

MONTY, IF you have SPYBOT run it.

? ?My last Computer did that, and Each Day, it started shutting down more often, till it wouldn't even
Come on line in the Morning.
? ?

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
HMMM, Sounds pretty creepy! I don't buy into this sort of thing typically either but stranger things have happened. Everyone has a crazy cat story I am sure, I know I have a few I will spare you from. Ya just never know. Funny thing about this is I am still trying to figure out how it knocked on the door. :-\

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Cat's paw - To be labeled a "cat's paw" means someone has taken advantage of you and you weren't smart enough to "cat"ch on.

The phrase has its origins in an old folk tale in which a clever monkey tricks a cat into reaching into a fireplace to pull out some roasting chestnuts. The monkey got the chestnuts, but the cat got burned.

Merry Christmas
George

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very Weird Omni...

This morning, my father-in-law simply said he would not use the fireplace again and left it at that..it was a long ride home and we didn't talk about what we had seen...

I think that's a pretty good idea. If he does use it maybe he should get a carbon-monoxide detector, and a smoke alarm for near by...
Sounds like a sign to me,,, I believe signs like this come and go all the time,, ya just have to learn to see them...

Good luck, Happy hunting~

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
KalamazooHunter said:
creepy creepy creepy.....
Taps - those guys are funny! Tap guy 1: it's an orb! Tap Guy 2: no, just dust.

i love that stupid show. they spend a half hour every episode arguing about who is in charge!........roto rooter guys gone ghost hunters!..............priceless!!!!!!

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
take stoneys advice and give the chimney a very thorough search for hidden chamber/removable brick......local story from around here.......a house was uninhabital due to spirits .......a fellow went there and stayed a day and a night,,,,during this time a ball of light came in the room, went around a couple times, stopped at a spot on the wall about 20-30 seconds, then disappeared.......the fellow got to looking around the wall, realized it was a false wall over a closet after cutting a hole in it.....in the closet was an old trunk loaded with gold, silver, and old large currency.....he took it out, split it with the owner of the house, and the spirit problem was never a problem again........gldhntr

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I think we are all missing some things around here...the house was built by Omnis father in law and is not really that old, it was built on property where no other house that they knew of had stood, the chimney is relatively new and the first good grip the cat could have had was pretty far up the flue, they removed the cast iron ash door in the rear of the fire place in attempts to find the cat,......all that into consideration plus the fact that there were nine people present when this happened...could still be explained away...cat came in and went out the chimney....what cannot be explained is the fact that prior to entering the home..three knocks were heard at the door????
This would drive me crazy until I found out! I would have to build another fire on Christmas...just to see if the cat comes back....
If it was a protective female who say had a litter hidden somewhere ...the cat would do anything to get to those kits,possibly even bang against the door to get in.......but upon asking Omni about this..he said the home has cathedral ceilings...no attic....no place for a litter to hide.......
I say build a fire...put flour on the roof around the chimney and see what happens.....cat comes back and no tracks on roof...??? :o
And set up a cam corder this time ...so we all can see it and then you will be very rich because you can sell the tape!!! :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"walked calmly up the burning logs and dissapeared into the raging fire!"

? ?

I could get behind the litter theory,

HOWEVER,

Even if the Cat were Drenched, & Hadn't layed there for awhile drying off,
CAT Hair Burns. Even IF I soaked my hand in Cold Water, & Immediatly Touched
A burning log , in a raging fire!"
I wouldn't be doing it calmly

You can Soak your Hand in Cold water, & Immediatly
reach in a pot of Boiling water & Pick a Boild egg
out, But you Need to do it in Seconds time.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the "raging fire" is the part that is the most wierd. a human mother wouldnt jump into a raging fire to save her children ( even though some mothers out there will argue that one with me).....let alone a cat. it goes against the most primary instinct to survive. the next time you are next to a roaring fire, think about what it would be like to climb up that chimney! it just wouldnt be possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread