Ghost of Christmas Cat?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
hollowpointred said:
the "raging fire" is the part that is the most wierd. a human mother wouldnt jump into a raging fire to save her children ( even though some mothers out there will argue that one with me).....let alone a cat. it goes against the most primary instinct to survive. the next time you are next to a roaring fire, think about what it would be like to climb up that chimney! it just wouldnt be possible.
Here comes the argument that you expected.....Yes a mother would ?and many have jumped into a raging fires or placed herself in any other danger known , in order to save their children....and animals will go crazy trying to get to their young...I have seen a horse run back into a barn fire when they didnt ?have their colt ?with them...I have seen a doe ?jump into a raging river after her fawn....your primary ? instinct to survive is only outweighed by the the natural instinct to protect your child at all cost.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
However CALMLY ?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
You are right....not calmly.....and the dog in that house was absolutely no help...Omni said it disappeared like a scared pup and didnt come out until much later........I say ....do another test...light that fire... ;).....I would love to be there to see it.
This time ,when the cat is calmly sitting by the fire,....tie a string around it ....when it shoots into the fire...pull it back out....or :o :o :o :o :o and when it knocks....dont open the door and see what happens next......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only Reasonabe Answer I can come up with,
Isn't even Logical.

is a PRANK, Which would take ALOT of Bucks & A Magicians Brain,
to know where to set up the equipment.
Knock at the door & use Holograms.

Did anyone touch the Cat ?

Z

ZumbroKid

There is one other explanation! I am surprised nobody posted it.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Jeff.....I am not sure if anyone touched , but I would assume that normal reaction when oiffering it food and milk would be to pet it...We will need to ask Omni that one...
And what is it Pete?????

Z

ZumbroKid

This is a good thread with many views, very popular so i will not say what another explanation is at this time.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Scientists consider cats to be the link between people and the area that is beyond the ordinary human perception so we can only suspect for its existence. That's why cats' abilities remain one of the biggest mysteries of our century.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I agree with gypsieheart-light another fire and see what happens,leaving the eggnog and joints in the car this time. ;D
If there was three knocks,then I'm with you.I'm 70 and in my family since my g'grandmother,when one of the family hears those knocks,in 3days,3wks,or 3mo someone in the family will pass.Sometimes the knocks are at the door and sometimes they have been up in the corner of a room.Not everyone will hear them at the time,usually just one person although others may be present.It has happened 3-4 times with me.???????

Z

ZumbroKid

Warsawdaddy posted the eggnog and joint one, which could explain alot. But there is still at least one more that is totally in the realm of science. ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Reminds me of that old song.......
??? ??? ??? ??? ???
But the cat came back the very next day,
The cat came back, we thought he was a goner
But the cat came back; it just couldn't stay away.
Away, away, yea, yea, yea

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
gypsyheart said:
Reminds me of that old song.......
??? ??? ??? ??? ???
But the cat came back the very next day,
The cat came back, we thought he was a goner
But the cat came back; it just couldn't stay away.
Away, away, yea, yea, yea

one more time!

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
gypsyheart said:
hollowpointred said:
the "raging fire" is the part that is the most wierd. a human mother wouldnt jump into a raging fire to save her children ( even though some mothers out there will argue that one with me).....let alone a cat. it goes against the most primary instinct to survive. the next time you are next to a roaring fire, think about what it would be like to climb up that chimney! it just wouldnt be possible.
Here comes the argument that you expected.....Yes a mother would ?and many have jumped into a raging fires or placed herself in any other danger known , in order to save their children....and animals will go crazy trying to get to their young...I have seen a horse run back into a barn fire when they didnt ?have their colt ?with them...I have seen a doe ?jump into a raging river after her fawn....your primary ? instinct to survive is only outweighed by the the natural instinct to protect your child at all cost.
Yes animals do have a primal instint we humans have the same, jumping into danger to save offspring, BUT an animal casually walking into a fire is not possible, the LAW of phisics will not allow that to happen, temprature, conduction of heat transfer to flesh mucus membrains would curl a cat in moments, remember casualy walked in. It didn't happen. OK, OMNI PUNCH LINE NOW! ;)

Z

ZumbroKid

What about all those suicidal rodents in Norway that dive into the ocean to certain death. Thousands of them thinking there babies is in the water?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The myth of mass lemming suicide began when the Walt Disney movie, Wild Wilderness was released in 1958. It was filmed in Alberta, Canada, far from the sea and not a native home to lemmings. So the filmmakers imported lemmings, by buying them from Inuit children. The migration sequence was filmed by placing the lemmings on a spinning turntable that was covered with snow, and then shooting it from many different angles. The cliff-death-plunge sequence was done by herding the lemmings over a small cliff into a river. It's easy to understand why the filmmakers did this - wild animals are notoriously uncooperative, and a migration-of-doom followed by a cliff-of-death sequence is far more dramatic to show than the lemmings' self-implemented population-density management plan.

So lemmings do not commit mass suicide. Indeed, animals live to thrive and survive. Consider a company like Disney, where one rodent, namely Mickey Mouse, was Royalty. It's rather odd to think that Disney could be so unkind to another rodent, the lemming...

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
omnicognic said:
After a stunned moment we jumped up and attempted to rescue the cat from the flames eventually dousing the fire...but no cat! No cat body! NOTHING!!! Just half-burned and now soggy logs!

All due respect, the above statement bothers me, by the time to get up, find some vessel to hold water, fill the container with water, did the persons REALY THINKING RESCUE????

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
So as every logical explanation has been dissected here......
..........and if the cat committed suicide???? Well I highly doubt ?that ... if that cat was smart enough to knock on the door...then it was smart enough to dial 1.800.CAT Helpline .........but there were no remains......so if it had been a real cat ...we would have had smell and everything else associated with a cremated cat ....................
So we have to go beyond that....What else is left.....Ghost Cat . Unless Omni's entire family was stoned out of their heads and having a mass hallucination from something they ate over dinner........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread