Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    shhh...the person who posted above me just farted but wont see this since you scrolled down.

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star
    3 times

Lost WWII battlefield found - war dead included

When detectors are outlawed, only outlaws will have detectors

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

miser

Re: Lost WWII battlefield found - war dead included

I surprised at the condition of some of those artifacts, given that they've been in the jungle for what, 70 years now?

Jul 2005
    Napoleon MI 49201
    Garrett
    20 times

I wish tyhat was more to the story to read about the battlefield and battle. Bob

BIG61AL

there must hundreds of undiscovered WWII military sites in the jungles and islands of the pacific.....It looks like all the relics are strictly historical pieces vs collectable items...still surprising that the boot leather was fairly intact giving the time spent in the humid jungle. Certainly the vast bulk of what is to be found should be donated to a war museum dedicated to this island's war history.

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1318 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    35 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

wow luv to be able to see more an follow this site .very cool thanks
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    179 times

Quote Originally Posted by BIG61AL
    there must hundreds of undiscovered WWII military sites in the jungles and islands of the pacific.....It looks like all the relics are strictly historical pieces vs collectable items...still surprising that the boot leather was fairly intact giving the time spent in the humid jungle. Certainly the vast bulk of what is to be found should be donated to a war museum dedicated to this island's war history.
    Out on some of the Aleutian Islands, there are remains of crashed aircraft, vehicles, and boats left over from when Japan invaded the Islands in WW2. I watched a program on T.V. about this a couple of years ago and the powers that were decided that it would have been too expensive to clean up the war "trash" and no benefits could be seen in doing it. This was in the same general areas as the crashed B-24 bomber that had it's engines salvaged a few years ago. There was a T.V. program about those engines being rescued by volunteers. I THINK they were wanted for a restoration project involving another B-24.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

us
    My goal for 2012 is a dozen Walking Liberty Halves

Sep 2004
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
    32 times

I think we need to spend the money to repair the WWII artifacts and use them as teaching tools for younger generations, as we are rapidly losing those brave men who fought in that war.
    I Dig Everything...Even Pull Tabs.

us
    Id rather be there ^ than here

Jul 2010
    Naples, Fl
    whites M6, Surfmaster PI

When my dad lived in Guam, he found caves with japanese artillery in them. He has several photos of him of him and the guns. He also found several japanese garbage dump and found four intact bottles with writing on them. The islands of the pacific are covered with undiscoverd ww2 locations, its only a matter of time till we find another one.
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    834 times

HI: I entered the Guadalcanal campaign on Aug 11, 1942. I know what the jungle is like. I have one question for those that claimed "fake", just where did they come up with the Japanese bodies?

I returned in 1944 and cut my way back behind Henderson about 4 - 5 miles to where there had been a Japanese ammo dump, with the idea of getting a few souveniers.

On the way, I dropped down into a small valley, pehaps 50 meters in diameter. There I found the remains of a US Marine squad that had been wiped out by the Japanese. They were still in their foxholes which were in a small circle, with dead Japanese surrounding them.

I took the dog tags of one and later informed the grave locators. The dog tag that I took was for "James Francis Pierce". Later, I asked about the site and was told that the bodies had been recovered, thanks to my information.

They told me that James Francis Pierce was a hospital corpman, 3 rd class and was eventually buried at Arlington.

Yes the jungle is a weird place.

Don Jose de La Mancha el *Tropical Tramp*
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors