world cup.. south africa

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008
You may or may not be aware theres a big competition being played in South africa this month......yes it's the world cup and it's a scoccer competition(you know that girls game)we call it football(since the foot is the main part of the body you move the ball with :headbang:)...........anyway it's team England vs team USA on saturday 12th june.........anyone other than mexicans interested :dontknow: :thumbsup:

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
veronasteve said:
.........anyone other than mexicans interested :dontknow: :thumbsup:

What a stupid question !!! :laughing7:

We are there too !! :icon_thumleft:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Saturday should be easy :laughing7:

Can't wait for it all to start :icon_thumleft:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
veronasteve. Do we realize it's the World Cup. I should say so, we got enough England flags flying. Eeeeeeekkkkk it's going to be wall to wall football on the T.V. :protest:

U.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Soccer?? ???
LOL! :laughing9: We send our 6-10 year olds to play that...........its fun watching a bunch of kids running around kicking each other in the shins! Us Americans call it "kickball"! Watching a soccer match is like watching paint dry although I like how you Europeans seem to riot & destroy the stadium after every big match. :icon_thumleft: :tongue3:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol AP. You aren't supposed to tell other nations how we feel about soccer but that's the real reason we left England in the first place. We'd much rather play with that ball with 2 pointy ends. ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
packerbacker said:
lol AP. You aren't supposed to tell other nations how we feel about soccer but that's the real reason we left England in the first place. We'd much rather play with that ball with 2 pointy ends. ;D

You mean Rugby, but with pads on :laughing9:

OP
OP
veronasteve

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008
packerbacker said:

do you mean rugby :laughing7:

well to you the truth i live in italy and i listen to AFN(american forces network) and on the sports talk shows ,their hurting for some sports to talk about!
the world cup is a great event....should be quite colourful being in S.A.............the US team isn't bad either!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
No offense intended towards our friends across the pond, I know you guys get a little fanatical about your soccer. Im the same way about baseball (not to be confused with cricket).......... :icon_thumleft: Do they even show the World Cup over here on a station that isnt Spanish speaking?? ???

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Mighty AP said:
No offense intended towards our friends across the pond, I know you guys get a little fanatical about your soccer. Im the same way about baseball (not to be confused with cricket).......... :icon_thumleft: Do they even show the World Cup over here on a station that isnt Spanish speaking?? ???

You mean Rounders :laughing9:

I hope you do get to watch it :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
veronasteve

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008
Mighty AP said:

Can't answer that question.....ESPN ..not covering it!...maybe when your 6-10 yr olds are beer swilling adults it will be main stream veiwing.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
veronasteve said:
Mighty AP said:

Can't answer that question.....ESPN ..not covering it!...maybe when your 6-10 yr olds are beer swilling adults it will be main stream veiwing.

This is America Steve...........our 6-10 year olds already swill too much beer. :D

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the World Cup will be available on some pay-for-view stations and on some replay stations. Soccer is getting to be more popular here in the States year after year. Our football is getting closer and closer to being pay-for-view also. Some of the major sports channels broadcasting some of the games are on cable and satelite only channels. I'll quit watching that if I have to pay to do it. Heck, we even have pay-for-view cricket matches. I do have to admit; watching the riots and collapsing grandstands at various soccer matches can be entertaining. No place to take the family. Actually, taking kids to any stadium nowdays is asking for trouble, no matter where you are.

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Watching a soccer match is like watching paint dry ....

Talking about paint dry ...

"The Base Ball Paint" stays wet for about two weeks !! ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
TheDane said:
Mighty AP said:
Watching a soccer match is like watching paint dry ....

Talking about paint dry ...

"The Base Ball Paint" stays wet for about two weeks !! ;D
:laughing7:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Yeah, I get that a lot. I guess I just get into the pitching duels, try to guess the next pitch based on the count. But when a baseball game is played right............there is nothing more beautiful! Well, almost nothing. :wink:

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturna said:
veronasteve said:
... we call it football(since the foot is the main part of the body you move the ball with :headbang:)

Does that mean baseball should be called 'batball' ? :D

Sheeees !!! :o

I thought they hit the ball with the base ?? :icon_scratch:

:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread