Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: :laughing7:

That's what I get for thinking faster than I type.

You are correct - aspirin from Willow - methyl salicylate, and others from birch, used for diuretics, pain relief from arthritis (like in a rub, or taken internally), treats hypertension (the diuretic action), tannins for lowering cholesterol and one of the very best treatments for kidney stones, cystitis and nephritis.

Beth

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
drug companys do not want to know about " all natural cures" that can not be "chemically remade" and thus patented by them -- if they can not control / patent it so only they can use it * it useless or even worse than useless to them --it might be used "instead of" one of their man made "chemical" drugs --god forbid that should occur.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tuberale said:
I think bigcypresshunter may be talking about Harry Hoxey who developed a cancer treatment about 1930. Hoxey's formula was controversial, (I would say deadly) because he used known deadly-poisonous mercury compounds. If you survived the cancer, the formula likely would kill you. At the least you would get very ill. BTW, Hoxey's cancer formula is the derivation of "hoax".
It could be the same thanks. Ill check it out on the internet. I presume you are speaking of FDA's findings. The HBO program that I saw said nothing of a hoax but I really know nothing about it other than watching the old HBO program. . The daughter was speaking on behalf of her deceased father. They said the treatment was absolutely free BTW. They even paid for your bus fare to Mexico for those that couldnt afford it. But hey someone has to pay for all those FDA approved radiation machines.

I just came from the doctor today. They suggested I need some very expensive tests and MRIs. Gotta keep the machines running. I watched my Dad die because he couldnt swallow. The doctors put him through many months of unnecessary expensive testing, full body MRI's and colon probes until he just became fed up and quit going. He starved to death because he couldnt swallow. His throat muscles were too weak but they kept insisting on unnecessary testing until it was too late to do anything about his throat.

Doctors learn to be FEEsycians first. Its all about the money. I have heard my doctor say "You dont need it, but since your insured, we will order some more MRI's" which BTW were not needed and were not even looked at. >:(

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Tuberale said:
Dr. Andrew Weil has stated at 80% of prescriptions written in the U.S. are "at best" bad for you, and at worst "counterindicated". Counterindicated prescriptions can aggravate a disease; or kill.
I believe this is true. My doctor said I need cholesterol medication but BTW this will ruin your liver.. ???

They recently lowered the high cholesteral level in order to place many more people on prescription meds. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The doctors often get free vacations for prescribing. That was 10 years ago and I will NOT take something that will damage my liver if Im only borderline. Theres a lot more that needs considered besides a simple cholesterol number..

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honey contains a form of botulism - a type that the average person develops an immunity to. However, children under the age of 1 to 1-/1 years of age can die from it. And, it multiplies horrendously quickly when sitting on a spoon, casually being licked by a small child.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/infant-botulism/HQ00854

Beth

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where 'did they go and come back' cured?

is it a secret? just curious

S

Smee

bigcypresshunter said:
Tuberale said:
Dr. Andrew Weil has stated at 80% of prescriptions written in the U.S. are "at best" bad for you, and at worst "counterindicated". Counterindicated prescriptions can aggravate a disease; or kill.
I believe this is true. My doctor said I need cholesterol medication but BTW this will ruin your liver.. ???

They recently lowered the high cholesteral level in order to place many more people on prescription meds. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The doctors often get free vacations for prescribing. That was 10 years ago and I will NOT take something that will damage my liver if Im only borderline. Theres a lot more that needs considered besides a simple cholesterol number..

I hear you.

My doctor nearly blew a gasket when he asked me how I was doing after starting statins, and I told him that I threw the bottle in the trash. He asked me if I wanted to die from a heart attack.

I had brought the paperwork the pharmacist gives us when we have our prescriptions filled, properly highlighted along with hand written notes by myself. Explained to him how since I have to die from something, the choice was pretty obvious as to what I should do. He said he was going to write another prescription and that I better take it this time. Told him that while he was at it, just write a whole bunch of them as I had some trash to burn that evening anyways and they made good tinder.

Back in 2003, they pulled the same thing on me - demanding I go on statin drugs because my cholesterol was so very high. Next, he insisted that I get a "stress test". The doctor said he had a friend in Lake Village who was a cardiologist and that he was going to send me there for the test. The warning sirens in my head went off, and I agreed to do the tests, but with another cardiologist who was a family member's heart doctor.

They reluctantly sent my medical records to him (here in the town where I live) for the preliminary checkup before the test. The doctor came in and asked why they had sent me, what were my symptoms. I told him they sent me because my cholesterol numbers where "very high". He looked at the chart again, and said he wished his numbers were as good as mine, and he didn't need to be on statins. He arranged for me to have the stress test the next week at his office in El Dorado. Of course they tell you nothing when you take the test. I had to go back the following week at the local hospital for results.

He gave me the results, said everything was great for a man of my age . . . and especially my weight (I'm rather large). Then he proceeded to tell me that I owed him nothing because I should have never been sent for a stress test because there were not indicators other than my weight.

Rare to find an honest doctor . . . now if I could just find an honest lawyer.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Smee said:
Rare to find an honest doctor . . . now if I could just find an honest lawyer.
Its very rare because they are trained to be FEEsycians. It seems that very few can think for themselves and use some common sense. Why would I want to purposely destroy my liver with statin drugs? I tried to explain to my doctor that the cholestrol count really doesnt mean much. They need a test to see how much is sticking to the artery walls.

I figured the best way to handle the situation would be to pretend to take the meds. Just dont flush them down the toilet and poison the entire city. The water is used over and over and the medication remains. Burning sounds good lol. I finally got tired of pretending and taking constant blood and liver tests so I fouind another doctor. I will never allow another doctor to force drugs on me.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
FarmerChick said:
where 'did they go and come back' cured?

is it a secret? just curious
If you are talking about the video, they were forced to move to Mexico.

quote from Randymans link: Canadian researchers find a simple cure for cancer, but major pharmaceutical companies are not interested. This drug doesn’t require a patent, so anyone can employ it widely and cheaply compared to the costly cancer drugs produced by major pharmaceutical companies.

Pharmaceutical companies are not investing in this research because DCA method cannot be patented, without a patent they can’t make money

Sound familiar?

Radiation therapy of today will be considered as barbaric and useless as the bloodletting treatments of the past, with doctors often bleeding patients until they were weak, pale and, sometimes, unconscious.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its really not a secret - it is Mexico.

I remember the "phoney" deal about treating cancer in Mexico with a medicine made of almond pits.(also a couple of other types of pits) Our Surgeon General went on a major rampage, the country tried suing the Mexican government (I don't know what ever happened with that).
Either way - it was outlawed in this country, many years ago.

Low and behold - NOW - they have found there IS an ingredient, and what the "active" ingredient is - and there is testing going on. They now call it Laetrile. Surprise!!

Just like simple things, too. About 25 years ago, there was an "over-the-counter" weight loss product. The FDA tested it, said it didn't work, and that it could kill people, it was outlawed here. Then it went off the shelves and went away.

Ah - but someone HERE decided how to patent the EXACT same formula - and now makes millions on it - they call it "Alli" - and it now costs more than 4 times what it did in the health food stores. Hmmmmmm.

Beth

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but many people are cured (not just remission type situation) but cured on current medical procedures also. not everything is wrong if it helped save many lives.

I have family members who fought cancer the conventional way and have been cured. 6 mos. testing, 1 year testing, then 5 year testing etc and gone....thru normal current treatments.

so while I think there are 'possible' herbal/natural/etc. cures out there that could help obviously, I also think that modern medicine is doing good also.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmerchick,

You are definitely right. My brother has been fighting cancer since he was 17 years old - he is now 52. Large amounts of time with nothing - more than 5 years.

But, there are some types of cancer that have a 1% cure rate with conventional methods - I think this is where we should be concentrating alternate medicines.

Beth

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
FarmerChick said:
but many people are cured (not just remission type situation) but cured on current medical procedures also. not everything is wrong if it helped save many lives.

I have family members who fought cancer the conventional way and have been cured. 6 mos. testing, 1 year testing, then 5 year testing etc and gone....thru normal current treatments.

so while I think there are 'possible' herbal/natural/etc. cures out there that could help obviously, I also think that modern medicine is doing good also.
This is true. My mother survived cancer. They cut it out. My father starved to death because he couldnt swallow. All they were interested in doing was running expensive tests on him until he was too weak to accept a stomach tube. It was make money first, help the patient second. Sometimes modern medicine works and sometimes it doesnt. I would imagine some people survived bloodletting as well.

There is a lot of good in modern medicine but there is an incredible amount of waste, greed and unnecessary procedures, testing and over prescribing of drugs. In some cases radiation and poisons are helpful.

S

Smee

BigCypressHunter, very few understand this as well as I think you do.

To the doubters, google "milking medicaid" to get yourself started.

Doctors will CAUSE problems to keep the patient in the hospital until the medicaid money runs out. They did exactly that to my mother-in-law, but the extra large dose of potassium they gave her was enough to destroy her kidneys and kill her.

She survived a heart attack, incompetent doctor kept telling her that his EKG was messing up because he didn't think she was really having a heart attack. That started the severe damage. They performed bypass surgery, where they tried a new method of closing the sternum. She got an infection and the wires didn't hold.

After all that, and her being a diabetic, the wound finally healed enough to transfer her from the Arkansas Heart Hospital to a treatment center in Monroe, LA. That was on Friday, but the room wouldn't be open until the following Wednesday. Monday morning, the nurse came in and gave her two large potassium pills apparently with the intent of keeping her there. Her kidneys shut down . . . and she died the morning she was supposed to be transferred to the other hospital.

You can't milk medicaid if you can't keep the patient in YOUR hospital.

Oh, and on the death certificate, the doctor said the reason for her death was her religion.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I cant imagine someone slowly starving to death in a hospital. But my Dad did. They put him through every unimaginable test in the world. Im only sorry I wasnt there to stop it. My sister kept insisting they were the best doctors but they failed to test his throat until it was too late.. A simple speech test diagnosed weak throat muscles a few days before he died of starvation.. Otherwise he was extremely healthy.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigcypress and Smee,

I am VERY sorry to hear about these terrible things - but, I'm also going to say that THAT is why we do NOT want tort reform.

Doctors and hospitals (not all, mind you - some are really good people), but many doctors and hospitals do ridiculous things, and, in the name of lowering medical costs and lowering malpractice insurance - they want to limit any lawsuits against them.

The only people that it will hurt ------ is more patients, because these same doctors won't have to worry about paying for any intentional mistakes.
For the record, I consider hospitals that hire incompetent doctors, because they are cheaper, intentional mistakes also.

It is a very difficult decision to "unplug" or decide not to treat a loved one. I was a hospice nurse, and I have seen it over and over. It is gut-wrenching to have to decide when enough is enough. If your loved one is terminal, and they are no longer eating - you do not want to let a doctor or hospital "just give them fluids". First - it doesn't help. Second, when the nervous system is starved for fluids, there is no pain - so, in many instances, giving fluids is not the humane thing to do. Hospice folks know that - hospitals, very often - don't care - they use that IV as a way to keep the finances coming.

Every single hospital should have what teaching hospitals have - a board that looks and talks about every single patient. They do it to teach interns, nursing staff and students. But, it serves a higher purpose - it shows what was done correctly, what could have been done differently, what could have been done better, etc.

If we had a system that did that on a regular basis - frivilous lawsuits could be eliminated, and the REAL mistakes could be compensated for. Good doctors insurance would stay low - bad doctors (and hospitals) would pay more, and hopefully - get thrown out of the business of medicine. In a teaching hospital, if you keep screwing up - you don't graduate - and, you will get thrown out on your ear. Non-teaching hospitals have staffs that seem to be there forever, and have the attitude of "you win some, you lose some". Again, of course, this is not all hospitals, nor all doctors.

I can tell you from experience - the first line of defense for you and your loved ones - in hospitals - are the nurses, not the doctors. They are the ones that catch mistakes you never hear about. They are the ones who see the changes in a patient, for the good or the bad. Get a nurse on your side, and half the battle is won. They will pin the doctors down. (again, not all - but there are many more nurses than doctors, guaranteed).

You have to be the advocate for your loved ones - many doctors think they are god, and above reproach, but I'd bet that everyone knows of at least one or two stories that proves they are just as human as anyone else.

I don't know when your mother was lost - but, a blood test six hours after a heart attack will show absolute proof of a heart attack - because there is an enzyme that goes up considerably, starting about an hour after a heart attack - usually will have topped by 6 hours. Meantime, back at the ranch, steps should have been taken to stabalize. I understand the potassium, as, if your potassium levels are low, your heart will stop beating. However, potassium and a diuretic go hand-in-hand - to make sure the kidneys do not get overloaded. (the opposite is true, also - if receiving a diuretic, potassium is lost, and must be replaced). It isn't rocket science - since it's taught to nurses - I'm pretty sure it's taught to doctors.

That is another issue in our health system today - too many patients per doctor. My mother got a certain kind of cancer, which, supposedly NEVER travels to the brain. But, it did. So, doctor's came from all over the country - yahoo-----they were not there to help, just to see. There were so many doctors, I could not keep them straight. And they all had an opinion on what to do next - which, eventually, the last step was me taking her home to die in peace, had to sign a special paper, the whole nine yards - she was miserable - she'd had brain surgery, and all these people she didn't know, poking and prodding and really not helping. Crap, I even came up from the cafeteria to find a friggin' camera team. When we got the bill for her 20% of Medicare - I sent them a bill for schooling. (I paid not one dime-and the hospital agreed to eat the cost).

Well, I've rambled enough - and I again, give you my condolences on the circumstances - it should not have happened. Our health system is NOT the finest in the world. I wish it was, but it isn't.

Beth

S

Smee

In my Mother-in-law's case, the hospital took her from her original physician because they needed their "most experienced surgeon" to handle her case.

The first doctor wanted to do a heart stent but because of the location of her blockage, the hospital decided that doing that procedure was not going to work on her. The doctor who finally did the surgery was the most highly recommended surgeon there, their most experienced.

He was also the biggest JERK you could ever want to meet. She left herself in his hands with only one request of him because of her Bible base religious beliefs. Before her request, he was as nice as could be. Afterwards, he considered her the evil biotch on the floor, and treated her that way. He insulted her, he did an "experimental" procedure which he had never himself attempted before, he allowed the wire used to close her sternum to become contaminated.

She actually got sepsis from the surgery, but lived through that and overcame it. She died of acute renal failure because of an overdose of potassium. They wouldn't even try to put her on dialysis until her fate was sealed, then they decided she was too weak and didn't do it.

I equate doctors with the "Drug Pushers". They want to give you medications that you cannot stop using under pain of death. Beta blockers, statins, etc., etc., etc..

There is a problem. If you can't be treated long term, they dismiss your illness until it becomes something they can make money off of.

My wife is on beta blockers. She missed ONE appointment. When she tried to get her prescription filled on a Thursday, they refused to do so because the doctor would not approve the refill. If you are a nurse, you know what happens . . . and my wife panicked. I called the doctor and she said that she would refill the prescription the FOLLOWING Wednesday. That is 6 days without her medication. It took a call to the director of the Mainline Health Clinics (a group of clinics serving southeast Arkansas' delta region) and threat of a lawsuit to get her medication that Friday.

As a result, the doctor banned me from treatment at ANY of their clinics. Fortunately, the director was able to straighten that situation out as well.

I have to deal with lawyers on a daily basis in my work as a repo man, collector, and skip tracer. There are so many entanglements between lawyers and doctors it would make your head spin. They are two sides of the same coin.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Smee said:
There are so many entanglements between lawyers and doctors it would make your head spin. They are two sides of the same coin.
I found this to be very often true.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread