Proof: Armed Citizens Make Good Government

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Those who protested chose how. while i applaud their small gains i am not disillusioned over class structure in this country,study Mississippi's people living in conditions little removed from before protests. They can vote yes. Are they equal and able to rise?. Its not one state by any means,or race. always a culture being stepped on. While a minority has to fight for written rights its methods and efficiency need to be measured against why rights are denied and how denial is enforced. When you are out gunned martyrdom best hope when taking up arms. Not uncommon in this world but also inspiration for peaceful protest/polite disobedience. Ghandi likely read Thoreau,s civil disobedience when he studied his work, did he see hope or futility in what was not popular at the time it was written? Were arms an option? Jim Corbett reported poor quality illegal guns around 1930 when trying to relieve natives of pressure/terror of hundreds being killed by tigers. But again what would they have been up against in an feebly armed protest.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G.A.P.metal said:
no it would not have been successful if it was violent revolt.. stockpicker what are you gettin at ??

I'm heavily questioning the assertions being made on this board that guns are needed to gain and protect ones rights. I don't see many examples of when armed us citizens have taken on the US government and created positive change for themselves. I know everyone has the testosterone pumping screaming "pry it from my cold dead hands". But it's just foolish and completely unrealistic. And in the end would accomplish nothing but dead people. Ill let you folks get back to it boo yah !!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm heavily questioning the assertions being made on this board that guns are needed to gain and protect ones rights. I don't see many examples of when armed us citizens have taken on the US government and created positive change for themselves. I know everyone has the testosterone pumping screaming "pry it from my cold dead hands". But it's just foolish and completely unrealistic. And in the end would accomplish nothing but dead people. Ill let you folks get back to it boo yah !!!

The fact there haven't been. Armed uprisings against the govt. Is proof guns have held the govt. In check.....

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dieselram94 said:
The fact there haven't been. Armed uprisings against the govt. Is proof guns have held the govt. In check.....

The government has certainly not been in check - correct.

The government trampled on the rights of blacks, woman etc for decades and decades. those people got their constitutional rights not by violent uprising but by peaceful revolution.

The south rose up with arms against what it viewed as a tyrannical government, as did the panthers, Waco, etc and they were crushed.

Who else on this board thinks the government has been held in check?? I think you will get a lot of disagreement on that one. Aren't you one of the folks who believe the government is always overstepping its bounds? Or has someone
Stolen your handle?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
POLITICAL discussions pertaining to 2nd Amendment; STILL... POLITICS! PRE-Selected, eh...? BIBLE, OR; "GASP".... G*D...? Don't "look" at me...
rebel if you don't like the rules on the second Amendment you're more than welcome to contact the admins and voice your complaint, it was the admins decision to allow Second Amendment posts.

Mods are following admins directives. Don't challenge them in the forums, you want to challenge them do it via pm to mods or admins.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
rebel if you don't like the rules on the second Amendment you're more than welcome to contact the admins and voice your complaint, it was the admins decision to allow Second Amendment posts.

Mods are following admins directives. Don't challenge them in the forums, you want to challenge them do it via pm to mods or admins.

NOT challenging you...

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
0121stockpicker said:
The government has certainly not been in check - correct.

The government trampled on the rights of blacks, woman etc for decades and decades. those people got their constitutional rights not by violent uprising but by peaceful revolution.

The south rose up with arms against what it viewed as a tyrannical government, as did the panthers, Waco, etc and they were crushed.

Who else on this board thinks the government has been held in check?? I think you will get a lot of disagreement on that one. Aren't you one of the folks who believe the government is always overstepping its bounds? Or has someone
Stolen your handle?

---

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

TY; didn't KNOW about "admins decision" as stated above. ("Post" # 190, etc)...
BTW, can I have a copy of the Admins directive...? (or just "post" it... MAY help...)

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Rebel, you previously stated one shot was enough. So using your logic and assuming your guns are only capable of only one shot. Two guns= two shots? Then aren't you in violation of your own beliefs?
I ask again.......

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I ask again.......

LOL! Just found this "posting"... ONE gun is a BLANK pistol put together by my deceased father, when I was a REB re-enactor, years ago; it is MORE like a PIRATE pistol... ONE ball, one cap... NEVER used. Other gun is 22 Long Rifle.
WHAT "belief", do YOU assume I have...?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
LOL! Just found this "posting"... ONE gun is a BLANK pistol put together by my deceased father, when I was a REB re-enactor, years ago; it is MORE like a PIRATE pistol... ONE ball, one cap... NEVER used. Other gun is 22 Long Rifle.
WHAT "belief", do YOU assume I have...?
Rebel, there are a couple beliefs you have. If I am wrong please correct me. You are anti-gun, and one shot is enough. Remember the bear discussion?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY; didn't KNOW about "admins decision" as stated above. ("Post" # 190, etc)...
BTW, can I have a copy of the Admins directive...? (or just "post" it... MAY help...)

LOL, you want me to share with you or post private communication between Admins and moderators .... No you can either take my word for it, contact another mod or write the admins challanging it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread