Homeland Security has finally figured out what to do during a shooting spree!!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By austin
  • 1 Post By Red James Cash
  • 3 Post By Red James Cash
  • 3 Post By packerbacker
  • 1 Post By packerbacker
  • 1 Post By pat-tekker-cat
  • 1 Post By pat-tekker-cat

Thread: Homeland Security has finally figured out what to do during a shooting spree!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    2221 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Homeland Security has finally figured out what to do during a shooting spree!!!

I know, We all wonder what we would do if caught in a situation like that and no longer had weapons or ammunition.

Well, remember the old "Duck and Cover" PSA's? This is a step ahead of that. Take control of your destiny!
    Run away, orhide under your desk, or maybe,, just get a pair of scissors and overpower the attacker!
    Homeland Security has advice for confronting mass murders: scissors - NYPOST.com

A Fantastic, informative and hopeful report on the plan to get yourself out of a lethal situation.

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3494 times
    Research/Limited field work
    Worked in a school district that bought large pairs of scissors and paid $.78 a pair for them. Cheap, poor cutting, fall apart easily, dull scissors. Hate to think of trying to stay alive with those and I shudder to think what the elementary teachers would do with those rounded, plastic ones they get...
    onfire likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7953 times
    The Truth
    While hiding its important to remember to keep saying BAAAA BAAAAA.
    bsloan likes this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    5 times
    Thought this was a metal detecting/treasure hunting website? What's this got to do with it?

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7953 times
    The Truth
    All information is a treasure.

Jul 2012
    Holmes County Ohio
    Tesoro Lobo
    1636 times
    you could also poke them with a pencil.
    Two rules in life: Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    Britman.........this is a treasure site but there are also sections where members can discuss everything except religion or politics. You clicked on "Everything Else" and then clicked on this thread.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5967 times
    Cache Hunting
    I loved the way the girl in the pants suit with the high heals got out the door before everyone else then stood in the doorway so the shooter had a better chance of hitting her while she dialed her phone . . .

Guess they want to make sure the shooter has a target rich environment. Wouldn't want to waste a good tragedy . . .
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    According to the article, this is what you do when the police arrive.

“Put down any items. Immediately raise your hands,” is the closing advice.

You better, the cops have guns although the killings have usually ended by the time they arrive. The cops are the ones that don't need guns, just yellow tape.
    onfire, Dave44 and worldtalker like this.

us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    2221 times
    Yes, but the one caught in open ground and tried to overpower the attacker with scissors probably isn't around anymore to worry about it either.
    In the Untouchables, "they bring a knife, we bring a gun",, Great mobster film.

I am gonna go here though. Google that phrase. A relatively famous man used this phrase trying to get elected in 2008

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    A serious suggestion here though for anyone that might want to protect themselves in places the law won't allow. A can of wasp spray can work wonders. Get the can for "outdoor use only" and keep it on your desk with the lid already removed and the safety stop, if applicable, removed. Basically have it in the ready-to-use mode. This stuff has a range of 15-20 feet and is worse than pepper spray. Water alone will not stop its effects, only a doctor can help you if sprayed. Homeland Security will probably outlaw the stuff when they hear about it. Then they will take all of the confiscated cans and route through the Texas border to the Mexican cartel. I'm sure PETA hates the stuff already.
    Last edited by packerbacker; Jan 31, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
    Dave44 likes this.

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Britman View Post
    Thought this was a metal detecting/treasure hunting website? What's this got to do with it?
    Get out from under the desk Post say's Everything else

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6915 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'll never forget a news story of a shooting somewhere in Miami. There was an older black gentlemen, he had run for his life (I guess assumming that everyone else was doing the same).
    He said during the war, he saw what happened to men, that didn't cut and run, when being shot at.

I think the situation would/should warrant, the result that was needed, if one is operating with a clear head, and some type of plan/training/forethoughts. There may be a time and place for all things. One always hopes they would take the appropriate or right actions, to keep themselves, loved ones, and others, alive.
    worldtalker likes this.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

us
    Dec 2012
    NE FL
    F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
    155 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post
    I'll never forget a news story of a shooting somewhere in Miami. There was an older black gentlemen, he had run for his life (I guess assumming that everyone else was doing the same).
    He said during the war, he saw what happened to men, that didn't cut and run, when being shot at.

I think the situation would/should warrant, the result that was needed, if one is operating with a clear head, and some type of plan/training/forethoughts. There may be a time and place for all things. One always hopes they would take the appropriate or right actions, to keep themselves, loved ones, and others, alive.
    I like your thinkin..but from experience I can tell you the fight or flight instinct is a SOB! Served 22 years and been put in the situation many times and the self preservation took a quick hold on me! With that said...some people have that disposition to fight and that makes them my hero!!

Women on the other hand just step between the kids or man and stand by!!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6915 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlitebeer View Post
    I like your thinkin..but from experience I can tell you the fight or flight instinct is a SOB! Served 22 years and been put in the situation many times and the self preservation took a quick hold on me! With that said...some people have that disposition to fight and that makes them my hero!!

Women on the other hand just step between the kids or man and stand by!!!!!
    when one has trained, disciplined, and practised actions, much as our military instills and enforces, certain things can and do become innate responses. One truly can not know what one will do, until in the shoes and situation.

In survivor counseling, I have been told, I did the right thing, I was still alive, and THAT was proof enough. It is sad, that many will, woulda/coulda/shoulda. Sometimes some forethoughts/training/awarenesses, will help to serve one, when someone you do not even know, has to come out within you, and do the things, you would never thought you would have to do.
    worldtalker likes this.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links