Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
anyone notice billy bob camay's new pic?

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LMAO.... Let's not forget about the Calendar Parking Laws that are enforced in the "North" during the winter months.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Patcat is your grass too high or,are you too high from your grass.:laughing7:(joking)

Could it be in relation to the "Soma" concept that Aldous Huxley introduced in his novel "Brave New World"? Or has someone been enjoying Colorado's new law in regards to the "grass"?

Last edited:

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoy having laws, when I abide by them it makes me feel happy and proud. Of course I don't agree with every law, the "man" certainly isn't all knowing, but I think for the most part we all have somewhat of our best interests at heart.
My personal belief is yes more laws are being created more often. However the amount of stupid people/stupid people reproducing is happening more often then ever.
If you buy frozen dinners, frozen burritos, chips and pop for your children: I have a serious issue with you. Fat gov't, fat parents doesn't mean we have to have a fat future. Please watch the movie "Idiocracy" folks and realize many of you are like that already. Not in this thread of course, this thread has been suprisingly refreshing and responsible.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy having laws, when I abide by them it makes me feel happy and proud. Of course I don't agree with every law, the "man" certainly isn't all knowing, but I think for the most part we all have somewhat of our best interests at heart..

They do make it SEEM that way don't they..LOL..don't be fooled so easily...its based on money and they will always try to get more...

Its not that they are wanting us better....they just want our money when we do somthing THEY think is wrong...

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please watch the movie "Idiocracy"
Hahahaha! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
One of the best movies, and on my top 5 lists! Just too funny!

RJC, yous is funny, too! Let's just say, my grass ain't too high, and leave it at that.
I do love to laugh! :laughing7:

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bill,

If you are over regulated...perhaps some fiber can help clear that up.

Crispin
I wish that was my problem, my wife says I need more fiber, as toilet paper is getting expensive! LOL!:laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I enjoy having laws, when I abide by them it makes me feel happy and proud. Of course I don't agree with every law, the "man" certainly isn't all knowing, but I think for the most part we all have somewhat of our best interests at heart.
My personal belief is yes more laws are being created more often. However the amount of stupid people/stupid people reproducing is happening more often then ever.
If you buy frozen dinners, frozen burritos, chips and pop for your children: I have a serious issue with you. Fat gov't, fat parents doesn't mean we have to have a fat future. Please watch the movie "Idiocracy" folks and realize many of you are like that already. Not in this thread of course, this thread has been suprisingly refreshing and responsible.
Link, it really is none of your buisness what I eat or I buy for my kid to eat. You need to read the book "Boundaries" By Dr. Henry Cloud.....Seriously! We have a culture of stupid people because of this mindset. You know the one, were no one has PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY any more. It's always someone else's fault......Just look at any tv show or a lot of todays music it all touts it's someone else's fault. Just step into a welfare office and a lot of people in line will tell you it is someone else's fault they are there, their own life decisions didn't have a thing to do with it. Even King Obama claims non stop it's Bush's fault....years later. No Obama it's your economy now, your sequesture, your unwillingness to compromise that has this economy ready to collapse....
Best interests at heart? I see you enjoy prospecting much like I do, do you think the dredging ban in California or the one they (the govt) is trying to put into place in Oregon has your best interests at heart?
Loss of freedoms do not equate into best interests at heart (except for the govt)
Sorry but I cannot go along with you on this......:occasion14:

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's ok Diesel, I'll still like your post. I've noticed you and I go back and forth on some issues and I enjoy our bantering and never take it personally. I am ALL FOR personal responsibility, I don't know if you mentioned that because you think I'm not or just because that's the topic you were wanting to discuss.
Personally, it's difficult for me to walk through stores and see the hordes of overweight parents and children. To some extent, because I'm a fellow human, I feel it is slightly my responsibility to help them. Also, that's it's slightly my responsibility that they are like that.
How many of us walk through the store and look into carts of others only to see chips, soda, frozen EVERYTHING followed by 2 screaming children that the parents swear have been properly diagnosed with ADHD or Aspergers?
As humans we have a responsibility to say hey, your damaging your children, your hurting them. Don't parents have pride anymore in there children? Don't parents just DIE INSIDE when they see bad parenting and bad choices?
Of course, I'm all for demolishing McDy's and Arbys along with the other fast food "fat giants."
This is driving me mad, I'm gonna make a Forum. You better visit it Diesel!
Link, it really is none of your buisness what I eat or I buy for my kid to eat. You need to read the book "Boundaries" By Dr. Henry Cloud.....Seriously! We have a culture of stupid people because of this mindset. You know the one, were no one has PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY any more. It's always someone else's fault......Just look at any tv show or a lot of todays music it all touts it's someone else's fault. Just step into a welfare office and a lot of people in line will tell you it is someone else's fault they are there, their own life decisions didn't have a thing to do with it. Even King Obama claims non stop it's Bush's fault....years later. No Obama it's your economy now, your sequesture, your unwillingness to compromise that has this economy ready to collapse....
Best interests at heart? I see you enjoy prospecting much like I do, do you think the dredging ban in California or the one they (the govt) is trying to put into place in Oregon has your best interests at heart?
Loss of freedoms do not equate into best interests at heart (except for the govt)
Sorry but I cannot go along with you on this......:occasion14:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It's ok Diesel, I'll still like your post. I've noticed you and I go back and forth on some issues and I enjoy our bantering and never take it personally. I am ALL FOR personal responsibility, I don't know if you mentioned that because you think I'm not or just because that's the topic you were wanting to discuss.
Personally, it's difficult for me to walk through stores and see the hordes of overweight parents and children. To some extent, because I'm a fellow human, I feel it is slightly my responsibility to help them. Also, that's it's slightly my responsibility that they are like that.
How many of us walk through the store and look into carts of others only to see chips, soda, frozen EVERYTHING followed by 2 screaming children that the parents swear have been properly diagnosed with ADHD or Aspergers?
As humans we have a responsibility to say hey, your damaging your children, your hurting them. Don't parents have pride anymore in there children? Don't parents just DIE INSIDE when they see bad parenting and bad choices?
Of course, I'm all for demolishing McDy's and Arbys along with the other fast food "fat giants."
This is driving me mad, I'm gonna make a Forum. You better visit it Diesel!
Link, I will for sure visit your new thread. I love fast food (Carls Jr is my favorite). I am glad to see you didn't take my post personally as sometimes when I get fired up I tend to come across too strong. I am glad we can agree on the personal responsability. I posted that because I believe that is what is fundamentally wrong with our country today, more than any other problem. I don't like to see fat people buying food that makes them fat either (I really get mad if it is on ebt) but I don't say anything because it is their right to do so. I grew up living on junk food but I am not fat. It seems to me it is all about lifestyle. No personal responsability = bad results, like being over weight, poor, in bad health, taken advantage of and on and on....Please never take any of my postings personal as I never mean them to be and feel free to tell me if it seems personal.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess it's their "right" to buy their kids fastfood, sure don't seem right to me though you know? I posted My "extreme" views in the Non-Sense portion. The non-sense forum seemed fitting for my rant haha.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
All these, what I call Nit Pic laws are special interest laws that were passed by law makers influenced by small groups of extremely vocal people. I think ,in the interest of the general population, law makers should use part of their session to review laws and remove the ones that have no purpose except to please special interest groups.
There is one on my home page. A man was arrested for whistling. They said it violated the noise ordnance. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LinkHylian,

There are some good reasons why North Americans are overweight.

Browse through any supermarket and you'll notice that healthy food is at least twice the price as junk food. Fast food places with their value meals are a quick cheap meal (even though it's dog food) and has the most T.V. commercials penetrating the zombie brains.
Parents don't know any better because they have been programmed by the flashing, colourful lights, flickering on the almighty television set.
Plus the cost of living is getting higher every year and people can only afford so much. This is why they're working two jobs. How can they make a proper meal when they have no time?
The present generation is stuck like glue to their technological gadgets and rarely exercise anymore.
Schools don't even make physical education mandatory anymore and they certainly aren't teaching kids about a proper diet.
You can thank capitalism for all the junk food. Cheaper, processed crap means more profit for the shareholders.
Cheers,
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions