Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Electric People

When Frank Mckinstry of Joplin, Missouri, stepped out into the street in the early morning, he knew that he would have to keep moving. If he stopped walking, his feet would become fixed to the ground; in effect, he would be rooted to the spot until he could persuade a passer-by to lift his feet and release the mysterious force that held him.
He is just one case of " human magnets" who have been studied by scientists since the mid-19th century. Also known as electric people, they seem to be able to store and discharge powerful electric currents, sometimes with bizarre and unpredictable results.
Frank...-
five star.png

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electric People

When Frank Mckinstry of Joplin, Missouri, stepped out into the street in the early morning, he knew that he would have to keep moving. If he stopped walking, his feet would become fixed to the ground; in effect, he would be rooted to the spot until he could persuade a passer-by to lift his feet and release the mysterious force that held him.
He is just one case of " human magnets" who have been studied by scientists since the mid-19th century. Also known as electric people, they seem to be able to store and discharge powerful electric currents, sometimes with bizarre and unpredictable results.
Frank...-
View attachment 1033966
That is pretty weird man.new one to me

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:stop: SLIPPERY WHEN WET!Ice isn't slippery.What makes people and things slip on ice is water.A thin layer of ice melts when pressure is applied to it and it is this wet layer on top of the ice that is slippery.

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little off 'subject'; but just gotta insert this. A close friend that I went to school with, went hunting and fishing with, and even a few times swimming in his family's farm tanks, became distant after we graduated and both married. We saw each other occasionally, but had no other interactions. About 6 or 7 years ago, I was thinking about him and wondering how his was doing. I searched around through some of my old school contacts, and found a phone number for him. I called. We talked for a bit about all that had happened in our lives. He had moved about 50 miles from our home town, bought 10 acres, had an orchard, a garden, and was very happy. His daughter lived just down the road from him. I asked him if he had an email address. He said he had never even owned a computer; so no email address. He said if he needed something that was available on the computer, he walked down to his daughter's house and asked her to look it up for him. He said he owned a tv, without cable, just an antennae, a phone, corded, and that about the extent of his contact with the outside world. He said he didn't have time for computer, a lot of tv, except news, and if someone wanted to contact him, they could call his phone. If he was in the house, he would answer, if not, just call back because he didn't even have an answering machine.

In a lot of ways, I envy him!!!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the average male never shaved,his beard would be 13 feet long on the day he died.I am going for the ZZ Top look myself:piratehand:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
If the average male never shaved,his beard would be 13 feet long on the day he died.I am going for the ZZ Top look myself:piratehand:

Not quite true! Peoples hair grows at different rates, but hair only grows for about 1000 days, then it falls out. Crystal Gail's hair grew so fast that it reached her feet in less than 1000 days. Since hairs start at different times, you always have some till the cells stop replacing it.
I read it somewhere, don't ask. Frank...- five star.png

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
********** THE CAT **********
The cat is a solitary hunter of small prey and prefer to eat several small meals through the day.

Cats will hunt even if they are not hungry. They will sometimes just deliver the prey to there keeper.

Cats evolved for low light hunting with large eyes. This makes focusing from near to far difficult. Their eyes develop a bias. Outdoor cats tend to be farsighted and indoor cats tend to be nearsighted, but not close sighted, cats can't focus on anything closer than 1' in front of them, but there whiskers can swing forward to feel what they can't clearly see. They also use there sense of smell to ID close up.

Cats sense of taste is lacking. They can't taste sweetness.

Cats are carnivores. They get there energy from protein rather than carbohydrates.

Cats were domesticated in China 5,300 years ago. Also, on the island of Cyprus, a cat was found buried with a human 9,500 years ago.

Cats were kept on ships for rodent control. As a result, in coastal cities from New England to Nova Scotia, 10% of the cats have extra toes. (polydactyly).

A painting of a collar-wearing cat was found in a 4,400 year old tomb in Saqqarah, Egypt.

Frank...- five star.png
111-2 the catnapper.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Ok... Frankn and I will take my tent and YOU get the hammock.... settled!

I usually hang my hammock very high. Good luck on the ground! lol Frank...- five star.png
111-2 700.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions