Best Weight Loss Diet

T

trish76642

MD Dog said:
I lost 180 LBS of ugly fat......

I gotta divorce. :D :D :D

course I coulda taken a shortcut and just chopped off my own head. ;D ;D ;D

Actually I've never been divorced, been married now for 25 years come March 18th. Not the most beautiful woman in the world but then I aint the most handsome man. Most important quality about her is that she's still married to the likes of me 25 years later. ;D ;D ;D
Yep, they say Divorce is the best diet, but then again, alot cheaper if you just drink water!.... ;)

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
first things first, Jeffro is right, smaller portions, water, and exercise, but, you also to have to include, do not sit in front of the tv to eat. when you do, you have a distraction which causes you to ignore your stomach, and eat more than you should

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I love potatoes and they are my downfall. I think it's a guy thing because I can eat lots of grilled or baked meat and no potatoes and maintain my weight.

Ice cream is another downfall of mine.......sigh.

DM

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I don't see ice cream as a downfall, it's part of the dairy group isn't it ?? LOL

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
I don't see ice cream as a downfall, it's part of the dairy group isn't it ?? LOL

Yeah, just like chocolate cake has eggs in it, and eggs are good for breakfast, hence just eat chocolate cake.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevesno said:
Jeffro said:
Gypsy girl, you are skin and bones.

But, if you think you need to lose a few pounds do it right. Stay away from EVERY fad diet, special pill, ointment, drink, shake whatever out there. As soon as you go back to eating regularly EVERY one of them will put the weight right back on. Its because you're body is starved for whatever it was missing out on.

There is only one safe, reliable way to lose weight and keep it off.

Eat smaller portions.
Drink plenty of water.
Exercisebullet....Steve
Jeffro, I will second your weight loss program....And add that the only surefire way to lose weight..... and keep it off on a permanent basis.... is to burn more calories than you consume.....There is no magic bullet....Although some are blessed with a metabolism that will help them burn calories at a faster rate...Steve

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No beer, no soda, no fast food, no fried food. No beef for me. Mostly chicken and sea food. Walk two miles a day. Strenuous aerobic excercise is great for heart health, but isn't needed for losing weight.For the snowed in folks, hit the mall and walk. I lost 30 pounds in 6 months.

It's all about making the right food choices. Or it was for me.

I still eat bread 'cause I love it. Hasn't been a problem for me.

If you plan on losing a bunch of weight in a month, you can't do it safely. Eating more, smaller meals per day will increase your metabolism, but that takes time to kick in. Eating more smaller meals tricks your body into thinking, Hey, I'll burn up this food because she's going to feed me again in a couple hours so I don't need to save it as fat. NOT EATING, and then eating big meals, will cause your body to store extra food as fat, because it thinks It won't get anymore food for a long time.

Lyposuction will do it. 2,500 bucks for just the belly. Fat will never grow on your belly again because you can't make new fat cells after your youth years. Downside to this. Any food you eat that turns into fat doesn't have the choice of going to your belly, and goes to where the fat cells are. This can tend to make one look disproportionate in shape. i.e. Saddlebags, butt, and boobs. ;D

And that's all I have to say about that.

Ken

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Sea Food Diet
I sea food and I eat it.

I have heard the a cut the carb diet works well

And you dont need to go on a diet your not Over weight

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Gypsy,

Although not a diet per se, but I am a huge advocate of the Jack LaLaine Juice Machine. I juice every day....grapes, apples, carrots, pears, radishes, cucumbers, cranberries, etc. The crud that you buy off the shelf has a ton of preservatives in it...plus it has been on the shelf for a long time. A good example is to go to the grocery store and get a bag of radishes. See how much sodium is in the bag of radishes!!! Since I now have been diagnosed with CHF (Congestive Heart Failure), I have to watch my sodium intake like a hawk.
--Mel

borninok

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
borninok said:
Gypsy,

Although not a diet per se, but I am a huge advocate of the Jack LaLaine Juice Machine. I juice every day....grapes, apples, carrots, pears, radishes, cucumbers, cranberries, etc. The crud that you buy off the shelf has a ton of preservatives in it...plus it has been on the shelf for a long time. A good example is to go to the grocery store and get a bag of radishes. See how much sodium is in the bag of radishes!!! Since I now have been diagnosed with CHF (Congestive Heart Failure), I have to watch my sodium intake like a hawk.
--Mel

borninok

How much sodium does Scotch have in it Mel? Just checking. ??? ::) ;) :D ;D :D ;D :)

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hey, Mastereagle! Who's side are you on? LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As I told you before....I only drink on 2 occasions........when I'm with someone....and when I'm alone. LOL 8) 8) 8)
----Mel

borninok

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
wesfrye sent me this diet....while it seems to be a great diet....I just dont seem to be losing any pounds.....

Excellent Stress Diet

This is a specially formulated diet designed to help women cope with the stress that builds during the day.
Breakfast
1 grapefruit
1 slice whole wheat toast
1 cup skim milk

Lunch
1 small portion lean, steamed chicken
1 cup spinach
1 cup herbal tea
1 Hershey's kiss

Afternoon Tea
The rest of the Hershey Kisses in the bag
1 tub of Haagen-Dazs ice cream with chocolate chips

Dinner
4 glasses of wine (red or white)
2 loaves garlic bread
1 family size supreme pizza
3 Snickers Bars

Late Night Snack
1 whole Sarah Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from the freezer)

arkhunter

Jun 12, 2006
little rock,arkansas
Detector(s) used
whites-garret
everyone one here needs to find a copy of " protein power" by michael r. eades md and his wife mary dan eades md.........published by bantam in 1996........i have known them both since they were in med school....they currently run a high dollar clinic in boulder,co....fixing up sick/heavy folks....very good at it.

but in the book...they explain complex stuff in simple terms.......many of the above posts had the basics in them....but this book explains how the body uses foods/sugars....and how we fry our insulin system.

many case histories....control/cure diabetics...with food only.

meal plans and great reading

john

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Gypsyheart said:
This is a specially formulated diet designed to help women cope with the stress that builds during the day.
Breakfast
1 grapefruit
1 slice whole wheat toast
1 cup skim milk

Lunch
1 small portion lean, steamed chicken
1 cup spinach
1 cup herbal tea
1 Hershey's kiss

Afternoon Tea
The rest of the Hershey Kisses in the bag
1 tub of Haagen-Dazs ice cream with chocolate chips

Dinner
4 glasses of wine (red or white)
2 loaves garlic bread
1 family size supreme pizza
3 Snickers Bars

Late Night Snack
1 whole Sarah Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from the freezer)

Where is the, 'run through the house naked screaming and jumping on all the furniture while squeeling and giggling,' portion of the diet?

After all, no lifestyle/diet fitness program is complete without a good strong cardio workout!

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Christy,

When I found out I was a diabetic, my Dr put me on a "6 fat grams per day" diet.
I think I lost like 40 lbs.
Unfortunately, I started eating more fat, and gained it all back!

If you can stick to a low fat diet...I think you will be happy with the results :)

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread