R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I heard this coming home from work. I was floored. His wife and him had recently seperated.

Hope they find the correct cause of death.

DM

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Digginman said:
I heard this coming home from work. I was floored. His wife and him had recently seperated.

Hope they find the correct cause of death.

DM

Sleeping Pill Overdose.

John

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Who?

Never heard of him.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Starred opposite Julia Stiles in "10 Things I Hate About You"

"The Lords of Dogtown," a fictionalized version of a cult classic skateboarding documentary, in 2004. (Excellent Indy film IMO)

The new version of "The Joker" in the upcoming Batman Film

"The Brothers Grimm"

"The Patriot"

He's done a lot of pretty damned good movies...

kl.jpg

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
TreasureTales said:
You mean you never watched "Brokeback Mountain" aka "Two Gay Guys with one Rod?"

Hey TT,

Get your mind out of the gutter and please remember this was a mans life that was lost today, he had alot of family and friends that will truly miss him, not to mention fans.

It doesn't matter what role he played in a film because it's just a film, it's only acting.

Lonnie

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
oh I'm not knocking him --but by playing in the role of a gay lead man can really have a drag on your career -- you need to understand the "hunky guy" leading man role -- after a movie line "broke back mountion" people tend to think of him as that guy in the "gay" movie -- not exactly the kind of image you want folks to think of if they are seeking a leading male hunk role -- its type casting plain and simple -- (think about poor ned beatty -- after his squel like a pig role in deliverance he career was shot -- not a good career move that role.) --- he could act no doubt --as yes acting is acting -- he had personal problems --the wife and him split up -- yes a man with problems died. -- and its a sad thing , that he felt that no one loved him enough to make it worth sticking around here. --- Ivan

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Normally Ivan... I would agree with you. But the film that killed Ned Betty was also the film that hurled Burt Reynolds into real stardom!

Heath Ledger has a distinctive career despite Brokeback Mountain (which game him a ton of award nominations), and his very first role was a gay bicyclist in a series back in 1996:

Milestones
1996 Appeared in the Australian TV series "Sweat" as Snowey Bowles, a gay bicyclist hoping to land a spot on an Olympic team
1997 Feature acting debut, "Blackrock"
1997 Starred as a Celtic warrior prince in the Fox summer series "Roar"
1998 Had a starring role opposite Bryan Brown in the gangster comedy "Two Hands"
1999 Co-starred with Julia Stiles in "10 Things I Hate About You," an updated take on "The Taming of the Shrew"
2000 Played Mel Gibson's son in the Revolutionary War drama "The Patriot"
2001 Cast in the lead in "A Knight's Tale," directed by Brian Helgeland
2001 Played Billy Bob Thornton's son in "Monster's Ball"
2002 Starred in the remake of "Four Feathers"
2003 Reunited with Helgeland and co-stars Mark Addy and Shannyn Sossamon in "The Order"
2004 Cast as legendary Australian outlaw Ned Kelly in the film "Ned Kelly"
2005 Cast as a ranch hand who falls in love with Jake Gyllenhaal in Ang Lee's "Brokeback Mountain"; earned Oscar, Independent Spirit Award, Golden Globe and SAG nominations for Best Actor
2005 Cast as the legendary lover in Lasse Hallstrom's "Casanova"
2005 Co-star opposite Matt Damon in Terry Gilliam's "The Brothers Grimm"
2005 Portrayed Skip Engblom, co-owner of the Zepher surf shop in Catherine Hardwicke's "Lords of Dogtown" a fictionalized take on a group of skateboarders that originated in Venice, California during the 1970's
2006 Played a drug addict in "Candy" opposite Abbie Cornish
2007 Portrayed Bob Dylan at one distinct stage of his life, in Todd Haynes' film, "I'm Not There"
Cast as the Joker in the upcoming Batman sequel "The Dark Knight" with Christopher Nolan returning to direct (filming to begin in early 2007)
Had been cast to play the Devil in "End of Days," but was replaced when another director assumed the reins
Raised in Perth, Australia

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yes but burt played the macho man -- ned got well you know what ned got -- thus the man that has sex with other men role ( wither forced into it or by choice ) is not normally a good thing for a actor that wants to land ---leading man type roles -- since it messes up his public image in the minds of many people.--- thus making harder for him to get the "prime" big budget roles often. -

I still think that its sad that a man so young felt that life on earth had so little to offer him that it was not worth while to stay here.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
The fact is we don't really know what happend to him, he had reportedly been ill with pneumonia so that could be a factor.

We all know how the media twists events out of context to sell their news, so who knows.

He may have been ill and took a couple sleeping pills that interacted with the medication that he had been taking for his pneumonia, or maybe he ate a bottle of sleeping pills and washed them down with a bottle of scotch.

Either way it's a sad day when anybody looses their life, and even tougher on family and friends when it is all of the sudden.

I've heard nothing but good things about him!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well even a few sleeping pills mixed with a drink can kill ya -- because the body breaks down the booze first and recycles the pills --while not as strong as the first pass it like taking say 1/2 the amount then say 1/3 the amount on the next pass --so if you took say 3 pills and a couple drinks to unwind -- (duruing the next two hours while the booze was being burnt up by your body --the 3 pills say go once --then again (add 1.5 pills equal) then again add 1 more -- so that it like taking 5 1/2 pills or about double what you should have ----thats why you should NEVER mix any kind of booze and sleeping pills -- hey got a cold drink 2 -3 shots of nightqel ? guess what like drinking a couple glasses of wine --alcohol wise. --mix it with pills not good.---so drug interaction also a very real possibility .

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ivan salis said:
well even a few sleeping pills mixed with a drink can kill ya -- because the body breaks down the booze first and recycles the pills --while not as strong as the first pass it like taking say 1/2 the amount then say 1/3 the amount on the next pass --so if you took say 3 pills and a couple drinks to unwind -- (duruing the next two hours while the booze was being burnt up by your body --the 3 pills say go once --then again (add 1.5 pills equal) then again add 1 more -- so that it like taking 5 1/2 pills or about double what you should have ----thats why you should NEVER mix any kind of booze and sleeping pills -- hey got a cold drink 2 -3 shots of nightqel ? guess what like drinking a couple glasses of wine --alcohol wise. --mix it with pills not good.---so drug interaction also a very real possibility .

yup, its a little too early to tell just what happened, either way its a shame. only 28. :'(

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if accident its a shame,if he did it on purpose he was an ass,cowards way out.these hollywood people don't remember what its like to work for what you have.Owen Wilson tried a few months ago,still don't get that one,it takes a real hero to get up everyday(30-40 years),go to work and provide for his or her family.if it was on purpose i feel for the family,not for him

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
One thing I noticed about this report of his death...one of the first questions I heard the newscaster asked as soon as the first report came out was...."Did he have a problem with drugs?"...that's all it takes for others to take off and run with it.

Everyone automatically assumes it's DRUG RELATED....everyone must be doing something horrible to cause their death (granted, hollywood does not have a good rep for stars and their problems!) .....like TONY RANDALL once said on the ODD COUPLE .... "ASSUME ... makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me" ;)

May his soul rest in peace!
Annmarie

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Ron and Ann said:
One thing I noticed about this report of his death...one of the first questions I heard the newscaster asked as soon as the first report came out was...."Did he have a problem with drugs?"...that's all it takes for others to take off and run with it.

Everyone automatically assumes it's DRUG RELATED....everyone must be doing something horrible to cause their death (granted, hollywood does not have a good rep for stars and their problems!) .....like TONY RANDALL once said on the ODD COUPLE .... "ASSUME ... makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me" ;)

Annmarie

First, it is always sad when someone dies. Especially someone so young. The reason everyone assumed it was drug related is that the police found bottles of pills near his body, his friends relayed the fact that he had been on and off drugs, and 28 year olds don't normally drop over dead. It's sad that he died, but not surprising. The brokeback mountain thing doesn't have anything to do with him dying, but I bet the media will tie something into it ;)

John

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check out the movie poster,hes carrying a straight razor behind his back,looks awesome,there also a preview of the movie out there

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
blurr said:
Ron and Ann said:

Annmarie

First, it is always sad when someone dies. Especially someone so young. The reason everyone assumed it was drug related is that the police found bottles of pills near his body, his friends relayed the fact that he had been on and off drugs, and 28 year olds don't normally drop over dead. It's sad that he died, but not surprising. The brokeback mountain thing doesn't have anything to do with him dying, but I bet the media will tie something into it ;)

John

John,

Yes, very sad that he was so young and the father of a young girl. :'(. What I was referring to...when they first reported the death of Heath....at that time, no mention of drugs or anything was related. It was later reports when they mentioned that the police saw pills everywhere, prescription, I believe. And when this reporter made that statement, nothing was known at the time of any pills. The person they were speaking with said they never heard of him having any drug problems, then later in the day, the report came out that he had went to some rehab for a drug issue. All I was saying was that everyone assume, no matter what the accident or death, that it's always drug related. And sad to say, the majority of the time...it's either drugs or alcohol :(....

OH yes,.....everyone will play that BROKEBACK MTN movie and his death...how they were related...etc etc etc ;)....I did not see the movie, nor did I care too....the previews were enough where I DID NOT want to see it.

I just Pray that Heath is now at peace and in a very happy place.
Ann

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions