Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out of work a couple hours early, bought some batteries, did a couple things on the puter and headed for Blanche Hull,
first I dug the memorial (really deep about 8 inches), dug the lighter (iffy target) and then I dug this pristine Barber dime, it
was as deep as my Lesche is long. It was bouncing between 76 and 84 then I stomped on the ground real hard and it started
bouncing between 82 and 84 with 3/4's to a full bar, I knew then that there was something good down there. I had to fight
with the roots but I wasn't going to give up, it was right underneath a thick root. It's one of the best looking barbers I've dug
just as shiny as the day it was minted. Soon after the barber I dug the neat old rimfire cartridge and then the rain ran me off
or I'd be there right now.

Attachments

• March10.1.jpg
    March10.1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 216
  • March10.2.jpg
    March10.2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 222

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that is a nice dime! Love 'em. Thanks for the tip on compacting. Makes sense to me! Have to try that! FFD

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fistfulladirt said:
Wow that is a nice dime! Love 'em. Thanks for the tip on compacting. Makes sense to me! Have to try that! FFD
It don't work that good during hot weather when the dirt is hard though.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Giant, that's a beauty of a Barber! WTG :thumbsup:

Keep digging! (and stomping) :wink:

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great replies everyone :thumbsup: this site has been hammered by detectorist's in the area that I
was hunting for years, the only old coin will always be deep and they'll sound like a whisper sometimes.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Great stuff Giant! I've been watching your posts, and you really seem to know your stuff. Your location says your in southwestern mich, maybe someday I'll meet you.
I have a shortened work week so I hope I can use that to my advantage, as my hunting days are usually friday after work and part of saturdays. What I need now are some good spots, a little luck wouldn't hurt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions