we got judges/need contestants/jerky contest

M

MiniMe

......and waiting... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) The anticipation is killing me.......look at what the waiting is doing to my grandson...LOL

DSC00530.JPG

M

MiniMe

Thank you....thank you....thank you....finally a response.....

I sure hope we can get his hair to lay back down...LOL

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
NOTE TO CONTESTANTS

If you entered the contest ....and sent jerky out....you were suppose to get an assigned number from me.....if you sent jerky out without a number.....there might be a problem ::).....LOL.....Could all the tasters email me and let me know if all their jerky had numbers on the bags......thanks

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
How many contestants are there? I received a mailing from WV with 3 packs of jerky each numbered.

M

MiniMe

freeze12 said:
How many contestants are there? I received a mailing from WV with 3 packs of jerky each numbered.

There are 3 contestants Freeze - me, Civil and Bomber. You should be getting 1 more package. Civil & I mailed ours together in one package, but had different numbers.

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
MiniMe said:
freeze12 said:

There are 3 contestants Freeze - me, Civil and Bomber. You should be getting 1 more package. Civil & I mailed ours together in one package, but had different numbers.

Well I just signed for & received a package from Illinois...some might fine looking jerky!
So that should be all the jerky & the tasting will soon start !!! :-)

M

MiniMe

Gypsyheart said:
MiniMe and Civil.....Quit feeding that baby jerky marinade....look what its done to his hair! :D :D :D

He was our taste tester for the first batch....had to lower the spices after this happened to him...LOL

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: we got judges/need contestants/jerky contest -- updates & judgement

so far one package came from harper ferry WV ---- I got airtight packages of 3 slices each numbered --- 1020 -- A 1020 and 1030 ----of those three ******A 1020 is the one I personally say the "best" -- sweet and spicy yet very tender still -- the 1020 ---deer jerky had a nice salty oriental taste to and being deer ( and thus very lean meat) was nice and chewy as deer jerky is expected to be --- the 1030 tasted like original beef style jerky ---- a bit chewy but not as much as the deer was ( since beef has more fat than deer meat) ---all were fine products made by folks who know what they are doing --- but so far A1020 taste best with 1020 and 1030 tied for second place --- once again I must say all 3 were great product. update -- got the illionois jerky 1010 today ---nice peppery taste very dry & somewhat crispy like well done bacon -- yet tender to chew -- very nice taste favor wize ---- I would judge it this way ---#1 is A 1020 the sweet hot jerky from WV #2 1010 woud be the black pepper jerky from ILL --- with a tie for third place between 1020 and 1030 --- and thats my call . ---good jerky all --very hard to sort out the winner --their all top notch product

M

MiniMe

ivan salis said:
so far one package came form ILLINOIS----

Ivan those packages came from WV.. :)

Wont say whose number's they were though :-X Glad you liked them, thanks for tastin.. :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
opps -- correct just looked WV post mark --- by the way all 3 sample were great --looking forward to the other sample

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok my mail system sucks,sent my stuff out last week,express mail,next day and NOTHING.got tracking #s for two of the packages...........#em064231347us and em064321355us

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
I have tried all 4 of the jerky sent to me & You all could open a jerky store, but I have tasted...sipped..tasted..sipped & so on and have My favorites in order
Should I wait to post My results & wait till Ivan received his jerky package?

S

stefen

As of this minute, I have not recieved my samples...might want to send the results to Gypsy so the other judges are not indirectly influenced.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
M

MiniMe

stefen said:
As of this minute, I have not recieved my samples...might want to send the results to Gypsy so the other judges are not indirectly influenced.

You haven't received "any" samples....I thought you posted that you received a package with 3 samples or are you talking about any others than that. Confused... ??? ???

Gypsy your mailbox is full.. :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
basically I got 2 differant packages on differant days --- one package came from from west virginia --with three samples in it -- one was deer teriyaki flavored --- one was a sweet and spicy beef and one was a "normal" beef style --- then from ILLINOIS I got one pack with some black pepper style beef -- all the samples were great by the way------ feel free to send more anytime for "judging" -- I liked the sweet and spicy from west virginia best ---followed by the black pepper from Illinois --- then -- the deer jerky and "normal" beef tied for 3 rd --- tough call all of them were good .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread