we got judges/need contestants/jerky contest

rocky

Greenie
Nov 2, 2007
To order my favorite jerky go to WWW.ROBERTSONS-HAMS.COM. It is excellent!

I have had better once in Llano or Kerrville TX in 1978. A small store/gas station had big heavy jerky strips piled in a wooden box. We hunted deer and ate that Jerky all weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good Bison jerky?

ROCKY

M

MiniMe

Sounds great Rocky, deer hunting & jerky eatin go hand in hand. Can't enter something already made though, gotta make it yourself... :)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hey all you guys I need to assign numbers if you are a contestant.....PM me to get one.......
Good Luck to everyone....but with Civilman,Minime,and Bomber already in....it already looks like some stiff competition...

M

MiniMe

Is that all the jerky makers Tnet's got? It can be any type of jerky, made with your choice of meat. Don't forget - today's the last day to enter in the contest. If you think you've got a great jerky recipe and would like to enter, post your name here today. Good luck.

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
MiniMe said:
Is that all the jerky makers Tnet's got? It can be any type of jerky, made with your choice of meat. Don't forget - today's the last day to enter in the contest. If you think you've got a great jerky recipe and would like to enter, post your name here today. Good luck.

I guess that the rest are all "Twinkie" eaters!! :D

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind are we making?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck Momma,bomber.....gonna be some "nudging" in this household kitchen...Judge's...You won't be dissapointed......Happy Chewing!!!

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Gypsy,
Just send me a number so I won't be left out. How about 50? I like that number.
Joe

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how many different kinds?i figure two?2-3 pieces of each

M

MiniMe

I'd say max 2 different types and at least 2 pieces of each type sent to judges. Make sure you label with number given and name of jerky.

civilman1 said:
Good Luck Momma,bomber.....gonna be some "nudging" in this household kitchen...Judge's...You won't be dissapointed......Happy Chewing!!!

Nope, no nudging here...I've hidden all the spices...LOL :-* I'll be mixing my batches while you're out TH'n, you won't know what you're up against. :P :-*.

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yeah,oh yeah,i'm ready ..........to the judges,how do you prepare for the contest?beer before or after?breaks in between samples?drink enough so your not sure if its shoe leather or jerky(like theres a difference)

M

MiniMe

Bomber, sending samples to other contestants is not against the rules ya know, hint hint ::). Civil and I love eatin jerky as much as we like making it.

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DONE!shoot me your address

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
bomber said:
oh yeah,oh yeah,i'm ready ..........to the judges,how do you prepare for the contest?beer before or after?breaks in between samples?drink enough so your not sure if its shoe leather or jerky(like theres a difference)

Well You know that You have to cleanse the palate before the jerky is tried as You know that alcohol will kill all that nasty bacteria so that the real taste of the jerky comes through and of course after!

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spoken like a true judge :D......................don't forget to send your addresses

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread