May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the real deal to me and quite old.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Completed prices are all over the place, but even on the low end it's a great score.

ScrapManJosh

Greenie
Mar 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked these up at an estate sale a few weeks back for $2 and don't know if they are authentic, got them digging through boxes in the basement that looked untouched for decades. The reason I ask is I cant find the size on the arms. Do all ray bans have the size marked and could this have worn off?
Thanks for any info.

Yes they look real, they have all the proper markings in the correct places. On the bottom corner of each lens, do you see a faded looking "BL"?

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They didn't include the temple length since the temples aren't straight and probably have some flex to them. I am convinced they are old and authentic. Same goes for the case. Start around $20 and call them "Hunter S. Thompson/Fear & Loathing style" to attract more bidders.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They didn't include the temple length since the temples aren't straight and probably have some flex to them. I am convinced they are old and authentic. Same goes for the case. Start around $20 and call them "Hunter S. Thompson/Fear & Loathing style" to attract more bidders.
Yup, the actual model/style are called- Ray-Ban 3138 Shooter sunglasses

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Thanks so much for the information on them. I was hoping they were authentic as they looked real good. Im hoping they do well on the bay.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I have a lot of Ray Bans and they look good to me. Tip - I see a lot of empty Ray Ban, Prada, Chanel, etc. sunglasses cases at GSs. I usually get them for a dollar and got 2 Chanel cases for $1.00 total yesterday. Always buy the empty cases. You can either sell them, or at least have a case to put them in if you later find the corresponding glasses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread