Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Bill, sounds like I got out of Texas while the gettin' was good! Back when we still had satellite TV, I remember hearing about lots of Liberals that were heading there trying to change things. Guess they succeeded. ...Course, it may be the same way here also. We haven't been to an auction in ages. Last couple of times we went, prices were insane! People acting like hungry wolves, paying nearly as much for something (if not more!!) than what you could buy new.

We still got a few conservative strongholds down there.. you just have to know where to look! Haha

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The vintage Winchester Super-X and Super Speed, Western Super Match and the Remington Kleanbore empty or full boxes as well as much of the ammo brass will sell for fairly good prices on Gunbroker. You just have to have decent shipping boxes with all of the appropriate stickers to ship ammo. You could probably sell the rest of the empty boxes and live ammo to a Gun Dealer at a Gun Show, if you have any in your area. Or you could sell all that you don't want to keep to a Gun Dealer. Another choice is to sign up with Armslist, sell everything you don't want on there with local pick up.

Frank

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could probably sell the rest of the empty boxes and live ammo to a Gun Dealer at a Gun Show,

also try a sporting goods store that sells guns/ammo.

When I was in the Navy (decades ago) my ship would tie up in Subic Bay, Philippines. This was a Navy base port.

One of the things to do was trap shooting. I made a deal with an old chief gunner at that range. I would buy all his spent shotgun shells by the box. I think the first transaction was around 10 cases. (probably 12 x 12 x 18 size) When my ship came back to our home port in Long Beach, CA I went to a local sporting goods store. I grew up about 20 miles from there. I sold every case and made a good profit. I made a deal with them to buy EVERYTHING I could ship to them.

My ship then went back to that base and by that time there were more cases ready to buy. I brought them back to the ship and mailed them to the store. We would be in port for a few days and then go to the Tonkin Gulf off the coast of Viet Nam. We would be out a couple of weeks and then back to Subic Bay.

This repeated several times till the old chief told me we had to stop. Seems some "officer" found out about it and ordered him to stop selling to me. He hinted to me that the officer now bought them and was doing what I did.

To all you old military guys, don't you just love the chain of command? My first two years in the Navy I got in a lot of trouble especially with officers.

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some pics of the full box of .25 Remington Express and the other box of .25 Remington Auto with 8 in it. What is the difference in the two kinds when the primer end has the same letters and markings?

Thanks,
Bill

Attachments

• Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 001.JPG
    Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 001.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 002.JPG
    Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 002.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 003.JPG
    Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 003.JPG
    371.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 004.JPG
    Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 004.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 005.JPG
    Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 005.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 006.JPG
    Kleanbore .25 Remingon Express 20ct & .2 Remingto Auto 8ct 006.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 66

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some pics of the full box of .25 Remington Express and the other box of .25 Remington Auto with 8 in it. What is the difference in the two kinds when the primer end has the same letters and markings?

Thanks,
Bill

no difference besides the manufacturer. Remington developed the cartridge and introduced it in the early 1900's Winchester just manufactured their version but it would have to be in spec with the actual Remington cartridge. The Rem Model 8 rifle was an semi auto. Thats why the Winchester box reads .25 Remington auto

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Good find!

The black powder is for muzzle loading, the IMR powder is for reloading. It is a rifle powder. If they were stored half decent, they should still be good even though they are old. The primers if in good shape are worth $20 or so. The powder $25 or so if full. Spent full size rifle cartridges of common caliber go for around .25-.30 each unless cleaned. Odd calibers bring more. Pistol brass much less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions