Watch experts, I need your help!

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to be polite about this & you decided to insinuate that I'm selling replicas/fakes.

Where have i said that you're selling replicas / fakes? I just stated that i HOPE you do know what you're doing. Don't get so offended...

About the research you did, please feel free to show me where you found them. Can't find them at walmart.
Yes i made that statement, and about that post when i said "what about it only saying swiss" was because i forgot that US had the Swiss Army only before. But as soon as i started to realise it i began to do some more research about the back of the watch, because i don't find it genuine, and i was proven right, doesn't look good if you compare to an authentic one. When it comes to Spiedel, i've never been a fan of it. And never will. I guess my disliking towards that brand shows off. lol

1. doesn't have the original armband
2. doesn't have the markings on the back
3. doesn't even have the same mechanism

Prove me wrong?

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just to think that a real swiss army watch could get that scratchy is a joke to me.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then the question goes' who would use cheap 2 dollar parts on a real swiss? Doesn't make any sense to me. But this might be a good replica one tho.
The same reason someone would put a Rolex crocodile band with 18k clasp on a cheap $10 watch I bought one time. Just because.

That's nice to hear, i hope you know how to authenticate whatever it is that you deal in (Y) Selling replicas / fake ones as authentics isn't profitable in the long run... A bad reputation can come quickly if so.
"when a deal is too good to be true, it most likely is" is the motto I follow :)
The OP wanted to know what kind of watches he had, and i gave him my opinion on the swiss one being a fake one.
He can either listen to my opinion or not, that's up to him.
Actually you gave a bit more than an opinion. But your from Italy so I would expect you to be very leery of replicas of every kind living there. Not to mention the stellar postal service in that country. Italy is definitely one of the countries on my "excluded countries" mailing list. Too many shysters for me.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doh...heh what the heck have I been missing :/...

Hmmmm where do I start...

FIRST !... Swiss Army watches are not a big deal... never have been.
They are WAY over rated AS IS MOST if not all Swiss Army brand stuff... regardless.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have always been a "mid grade" in the LOW END watches IMO.

To fake them is not huge... but I cannot see this watch being fake.

First wave of em... yes.

The watch band HAS NO BEARING on the watch in any way.... and the discussion thereof is mute.

I am sure the original band wore out and was replaced... OR I know people that love those bands as opposed to a leather strap.

Many older folks cannot fool with latching bands,... and some have health problems like arthritis which limits the fingers... so...

This watch I would bet is 100% legit.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's a real swiss you sure did a good deal! ( I don't know a lot about watches but i do know that swiss makes superb knives!)

Edit: Okay that swiss is most likely a fake one.
says "China" on it. But like i said, i don't know much about the swiss watches.

You went from not knowing a lot about "the swiss" watches to being an expert on Swiss Army watches in about 3 days flat, bravo.

Last edited:

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same reason someone would put a Rolex crocodile band with 18k clasp on a cheap $10 watch I bought one time. Just because.

Actually you gave a bit more than an opinion. But your from Italy so I would expect you to be very leery of replicas of every kind living there. Not to mention the stellar postal service in that country. Italy is definitely one of the countries on my "excluded countries" mailing list. Too many shysters for me.

"Just because" isn't written in my book, still makes no sense to me. Swiss army makes good quality, just look at how many swiss army replicas there is out there, proves it's a good watch.

Yes, Italy is famous for replicas, so my opinion should have some value then :D no but seriously, this swiss watch isn't authentic. And i'm done arguing with people thinking it is... isn't my problem if they end up getting bad reputation because of it....

Doh...heh what the heck have I been missing :/...

Hmmmm where do I start...

FIRST !... Swiss Army watches are not a big deal... never have been.
They are WAY over rated AS IS MOST if not all Swiss Army brand stuff... regardless.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmm, overrated prehaps, but they do have good quality. But sure, there's other brands out there than can make good quality watches as well.

Mahler

Jun 23, 2017
Sardinia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Relic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm only here to help, but apparently you get everyone against you for bringing the bad news. Anyway, i'm done here. Have fun with that authentic scratchy watch of yours. And god bless to your warriors :D

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

51HHnfZshnL.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I have owned a few of them... and I would not say the "quality" applied.

I felt the watches were ... adequate for awhile.

At best. IMO

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invicta watches are far better IMO and less money.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where have i said that you're selling replicas / fakes? I just stated that i HOPE you do know what you're doing. Don't get so offended...

About the research you did, please feel free to show me where you found them. Can't find them at walmart.
Yes i made that statement, and about that post when i said "what about it only saying swiss" was because i forgot that US had the Swiss Army only before. But as soon as i started to realise it i began to do some more research about the back of the watch, because i don't find it genuine, and i was proven right, doesn't look good if you compare to an authentic one. When it comes to Spiedel, i've never been a fan of it. And never will. I guess my disliking towards that brand shows off. lol

1. doesn't have the original armband
2. doesn't have the markings on the back
3. doesn't even have the same mechanism

Prove me wrong?

The pictures you provided do not prove it has a different movement. It proves that the weight is 180 degrees from the weight in the first pic. I guarantee you that if you look at a pic with it in the same position, you will see the same movement in both.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pass them up for $20-$30 all the time. Original bands. Straight from 1990s at estate sales. I imagine fakes are out there but here in the US you're much more likely just to find them as just old used but real watches. Really popular 20 or 30 years ago.

OP
OP
GarageSaleKing

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I would like to thank everybody for their input, but I wish the post had not gotten so heated. I just wanted everyones opinion. Thanks:icon_king:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I would like to thank everybody for their input, but I wish the post had not gotten so heated. I just wanted everyones opinion. Thanks:icon_king:

Heated is the way we like it...

Better than cold :P

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
One more comment & I'm done. Anyone that isn't capable of doing something as simple as Googling "Swiss Army watch 24695" isn't a reliable source of information.

Tremec

Greenie
Mar 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Swiss army has an ETA 2824 or 2836 movement. It's an older model hence Swiss army and not Victorinox. When new this watch retailed in the $400 +/- range. Really good score. As far as the stretchy band... I have a cheap Chinese one and us one I swap between all my watches.
Also interesting note, Hamilton watch whom is owned by the swatch group, the same swatch group that owns Omega and the movement maker ETA outsources case manufacturing to china. Swiss made doesn't carry the same weight made in America carries.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions