OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a pain. This whole house is a pain. It’s a hoarders house of somebody that went to yard sales and bought things and filled the whole entire house with it. With all the stuff they bought.

But the people that own it are good friends of mine. The husband is in the hospital and they have to have things outta there. My kids have off summer starting in three weeks and need something to do. Im sick of ebay at the moment and need exercise. Also anything we sell, we get 50%.

Theres 300 fishing poles and probably 200 reels so that should be some good money. A bunch of Penn reels. And possibly an international stuck in the back of the closet. We just pulled out a $85 fly rod yesterday. I’ll add a picture. of some of it’s junk but we’re gonna fill up my buddies truck and one of his friends professional fisherman. so he can come over and give us advice. It shouldn’t take too long to sell that stuff. the better reels can go up online.

P.s. The Glass is a lot of work. we priced it low yesterday and sold $140 worth. 3 dealers were fighting over a vase that I didn’t sell. Sold 28 Coffee mugs for a dollar each of course they were fire king and some of them go for stupid money on eBay but I didn’t see these ones selling very much.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the initial set up is a pain. This is what we did yesterday. the booth was empty, had to bring in furniture and I still need at least three more bookshelves and jewelry case in there.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525781278.705870.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525781308.133969.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525781332.629606.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525781368.852988.jpg

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrrg... I see a bad dream.

I gave up glass and pottery years ago when the market tanked.

I buy ZERO glass unless its hand blown or old PYREX.

Hate it with a passion.

Pottery as well...

Shawnee... McCoy... Majolica... all dead to me... I don't even picj it up at a sale.

Was at a sale this weekend and lady had a huge set of Wedgewood... in perfect condition... was late in morning... was still there and waiting for a buyer... NOT me either.

Last time I sold any real glass was a 400 piece of Nyman... for 100... NINE YEARS AGO. heh

Just this morning I accepted a $20 offer on a Roseville cat dish. It was part of a pair that included a Robinson Ransbottom Roseville cat dish. The pair was listed for $38 so I will relist the other and make a profit. I paid $2 for each dish.
There are still some pottery buyers out there but yes I agree the market has tanked. I used to collect Watt and Kathy Kale.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1587745
I found this one. They’re asking 80 for it on eBay. Viking brand. People wanted to rip it out of my hand at the store. It will be priced at $65 tomorrow
I mentioned that one in reply number 5, Yesteryear pattern. It's worth about $40-$50 retail currently.
I buy very little breakable chipable space eating dust collecting crapola.

I leave it for the "bottom feeders". heh
It's all in what you know. Call me a bottom feeder anytime you want. I used to buy a lot of glass. I don't anymore unless it's something special, for the most part. However, I will always buy something that I know is sellable, regardless if it's considered dust collecting crappola by some. Why wouldn't I purchase something for $5 if I can turn around and sell it in a week or two for ten times that amount? Sounds kind of like a no brainer to me :icon_scratch:. Shipping breakables doesn't scare me in the least.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I cannot help that is what the ones who are not "picky" buyers are commonly called by most in the biz of buying and reselling AKA pickers like myself.

I started hard core picking in 1990.. in fact... memorial day weekend will mark 28 solid years of PRE internet picking.

You know... LIKE when you had to use BOOKS to research EVERYTHING.

I EARNED my wings to use the words "bottom feeder" so deal wth it.

:)

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I cannot help that is what the ones who are not "picky" buyers are commonly called by most in the biz of buying and reselling AKA pickers like myself.

I started hard core picking in 1990.. in fact... memorial day weekend will mark 28 solid years of PRE internet picking.

You know... LIKE when you had to use BOOKS to research EVERYTHING.

I EARNED my wings to use the words "bottom feeder" so deal wth it.

:)
What do you want a trophy or something, sure sounds like it. If you've been picking for 28 solid pre internet years ?? then why don't you contribute to this forum in a more positive manner, instead of referring to those who buy glass as bottom feeders? As a matter of fact I don't recall you ever starting a thread in this forum Mr. pre internet Picker from way back who thinks he's the only one with a library of research books. Contrary to popular opinion (and obviously yours) everything nowadays isn't on the internet. You seem to be latently referring in my direction that I do all my researching on the internet because I pot links to help people out. You are an ass, if that was your inference. I don't know what got up your big craw, but you need to get it out because it's starting to stink.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was just a poke at glass... not you personally.

Although it seems you took it personally.... which is um... the nature of the beast here.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I contribute more than you obviously notice as well here.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
It's all in what you know. Call me a bottom feeder anytime you want. I used to buy a lot of glass. I don't anymore unless it's something special, for the most part. However, I will always buy something that I know is sellable, regardless if it's considered dust collecting crappola by some. Why wouldn't I purchase something for $5 if I can turn around and sell it in a week or two for ten times that amount? Sounds kind of like a no brainer to me :icon_scratch:. Shipping breakables doesn't scare me in the least.

I thought the "bottom feeder" comment was intended to be funny. After the next couple comments I guess not so much. I avoid pottery & glass for the most part. When those items were in their heyday I was concentrated on other things. When the things I preferred to deal in started falling off and/or getting harder to find I took a look at glass/pottery and decided not to go there. That market had also fallen off and it is a hassle to ship. Not saying there aren't good items in those categories but it takes a lot of knowledge to differentiate the good from the bad. When I saw this thread my immediate thought was that's way too much work for the potential return.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You see and hear only what you what to see and hear.

Bottom feeder is not a "put down"... its an antique pickers expression.

I was retaliating to the comment directed to me and you interjected yourself as if it was directed to you.

So be it.

Another case of "mistakenness" here. heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the "bottom feeder" comment was intended to be funny. After the next couple comments I guess not so much. I avoid pottery & glass for the most part. When those items were in their heyday I was concentrated on other things. When the things I preferred to deal in started falling off and/or getting harder to find I took a look at glass/pottery and decided not to go there. That market had also fallen off and it is a hassle to ship. Not saying there aren't good items in those categories but it takes a lot of knowledge to differentiate the good from the bad. When I saw this thread my immediate thought was that's way too much work for the potential return.

Exactly.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am actually glad others are busy picking crap like that...

At least they are out of my way and not looking at what I wanna see.

Sheesh.... god bless ya.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok...

Now after re reading... I have come to realize I actually left myself open in many ways to bd interpretations... so let me just set the record straight...

The whole "bottom feeder" expression was NOT directed toward anyone in particular.

And Dig...

I do not hate "glass"... I hate THAT glass.

And just to really "reset" your opinion of me and glass... let me just say this... I have one HELL of a serious glass collection :)

Just not that kind. :)

Nothing "wrong" with that glass... and my point to "28 years back ago reading crap" was to basically SAY that I have been into learnig that stuff since it was HARD to do and learned a lot about it.

See....

The items pictured on this post are.... IMO... repeat IMO... "a dime a dozen"...

See I see that stuff at EVERY sale... EVERY thift... everywere here.

PEople cant give it away....

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I do not sell on ebay... and only go to ebay to find a ROUGH value of something every now and then...

And if I did I would dread selling this sort of stuff due to just the shipping aspect alone SO I would never personally buy it.

I do not sell online... at all... ever anymore.

Even though yes...
I too was once a "power seller" that sold anything I could back in the early days of Ebay when it was VERY hard and girls that all they did was list day to night day after day.

And I can bet BEFORE anyone here probably was selling on ebay.

Beings this was in Win 95 days and no one was online doing it. SAME year I saw this site registered as well I think.

Anyway... bah

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, hi. My buddy and I have worked our butts off the last two days. So fishing poles anyone? Had to weed out 150 junk ones to find 20 good ones. None of the better ones are pictured though.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525829067.980084.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525829112.094070.jpg

Some old nikes 2010. They were only made for 2 months. Dont know if they are worth anything.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525829201.574616.jpg

Some decent Fenton glass,lures, like heddon but have not found anything too valuable yet. Have sold $221 in two days though.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525829339.553422.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now... fishing... another pain in the arse... IN STORAGE... poles fit in a corner ok... but sheesh make sure the line is off... argg

I have handled 1000's of em.

Tackle boxes... antique lures etc etc.

Those should be put out at a yard sale... 5-4-3-2-1 dollar gone ! ! ! get em while they are still in one piece !

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
And I can bet BEFORE anyone here probably was selling on ebay.

Beings this was in Win 95 days and no one was online doing it. SAME year I saw this site registered as well I think.

Anyway... bah

Just saying...I was on back then...when you received and mailed money orders and checks for goods and eBay didn’t take any selling fees. And X pay (Paypal) hadn’t been invented yet. And you could contact buyers and sellers directly on their home phones if there was an issue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread