Gold and silver at the dump!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just came back from a dump (transfer station) run and of course I stopped at the “take it, leave it” shed. There was a pile of miscellaneous jewelry on the counter and I grabbed it and stuffed it in a nice glass vase I picked up as well. After going through everything, mostly earrings, I came out with this little pile of goodies. Scrap 14k earrings,1.7 grams and 0.45 ozt of sterling. The ring is inscribed with a 1978 date and a few initials. Free!! At the damn dump!! [emoji38]☠️ ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1541969866.290402.jpg

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice saves from the dump:icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds! :occasion14:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How funny. My local dump doesn't allow anyone to rummage through all the stuff people throw away.

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same with my dump. They have a multiple giant cliffs that dump into the huge metal truck beds.

OP
OP
captain flintlock

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same with my dump. They have a multiple giant cliffs that dump into the huge metal truck beds.

This place is more like a transfer station. They have a big shed off to one side called the take it-leave it shed for anything that is still good and you just don’t want anymore. I can’t begin to tell you the great stuff I’ve picked from there. My wife and I call it the gift shop!!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
This place is more like a transfer station. They have a big shed off to one side called the take it-leave it shed for anything that is still good and you just don’t want anymore. I can’t begin to tell you the great stuff I’ve picked from there. My wife and I call it the gift shop!!

Nice! The gift shop. I love it. Great Grabs.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many moons ago while visiting in laws and out laws up in Denver, I helped my brother in law take a load of construction waste to the dump. While there, I started lifting some paneling sheets that looked salvagable when I found two jewlery boxes underneath. I went through both and found nothing but kids fake jewlery and just as I was about to throw the second one, I heard something deep inside it slid, not to mention the weight of it. I started going throgh the little drawers inside and found that two of the smaller ring drawers actually opened a hidden chamber where holy crap!! I found an antique necklace of 24 C Gold. it weighed over an ounce as I recall and it was made by Tiffany...I think. This has been 35 years so facts are a bit hazy but about all I can remember is that it paid enough to stay drunk for a month. That was a lot of Whiskey.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One mans trash....
or,
some, would mistake a diamond, for a lump of coal....

Good on you... GL & HH

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins