Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
justdugcrazy said:
Makes me wonder what my bounty hunter is not picking up and how much I've missed IVE COVERED ALOT OF GROUND WITH THIS MACHINE

I used a bounty hunter they had at work and all I can say is I hope it was defective because I was lucky to get 2-3 inches. If that was not the case an AT Pro will blow your mind after using a bounty hunter. You would have to start over on all that ground you covered!

prairie digger

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2013
arkansas
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO /GARRETT ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer Ex/Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
other rappo headphones

Just Curious after reading this:
Speaker not turning off with Garrett Headphone Adapter? - Solution here
Posted by: Kayaker
Date: July 01, 2011 03:15PM
I had some problems with my wireless headphone transmitter not playing well with my Garrett AT Pro's internal speaker. The headphones work fine but the AT Pro internal speaker would not turn off. I sent an e-mail to Garrett and they confirmed that the AT Pro senses the impedance of the headphone in order to determine that it should turn off the speaker. Garrett engineering said a resistor in the range of 1,000 to 10,000 ohms across the headphone connector will solve the problem.

SO... if your headphone (or wireless transmitter, in my case) works but doesn't turn off the speaker, it is likely that the headphone's impedance is too high. I found an easy solution from another forum.

Radio Shack headphone extension with volume control - Part Number - 42-2559 ($9.99). use this between your headphone and the AT Pro Adapter jack, and it puts the required load on the adapter to turn off the speaker. For me it worked like a charm. Here is my AT Pro with the Adapter, extension cord with volume control and wireless transmitter- all tucked under the cuff.

Found at: Speaker not turning off with Garrett Headphone Adapter? - Solution here

will the H8020 rappo headphones work with the Ace 250

justdugcrazy

Aug 6, 2013
I know my bounty hunter has missed ALOT OF ITEMS I've pulled items such as bullets and buttons from about 6-8 inchs approx,so not sure if the bounty hunter you used was defective but I have learned that fully charged bounty hunter is amazing for being a low end machine.just some of my finds over 2 years of detecting

ForumRunner_20130810_183724.png

Poppa Relic

Jun 26, 2013
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys the Rapoo headphones ear muffs are covered in a thin soft spongy material. My bug spray (Deep woods OFF) messed up this material. I think the harsh chemical in the bug spray doesn't play well with the headphones. They still work great, but just be careful with the bug spray!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread