First 25 minutes with the AT Pro

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks,I'll have to check them out!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a big difference in the tones threw the sunrays verse the stock headphones

Poppa Relic

Jun 26, 2013
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used my AT a few times without headphones, however since i've mostly been hunting an old middle school and park, I've kept the headphones for I didn't want to disrupt or call extra attention. I have heard the same thing about not using headphones will run through batteries faster. Can't speak for this personally though.

For headphones, I use the Rapoo H3070 2.4ghz wireless headphones with my unit, as they are much lighter and cooler during the summer.
Amazon.com: Rapoo 2.4Ghz 3.5mm Jack Wireless Headset with Microphone (H3070 Black): Computers & Accessories
* I also really like the stock garrett headphones, which I use for the beach when detecting in the water.

For batteries, I use rechargeable.
Use the eneloop 2000mAh wihtout any problems. I run for several hours and switch them out after that. I've heard that if they get low, your detector looses depth. I'm not sure on that claim, but I figure their free to recharge. So far they have been great to use for me.
Amazon.com: eneloop NEW 2000mAh Typical, 1900mAh Minimum, 1500 cycle, 8 Pack AA, Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries: Electronics

Did you have to to have an inline volume control to mute the speaker on the at pro when using your headphones? I am thinking about getting a set of the rapoo h3070's.

Poppa Relic

Jun 26, 2013
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The at pro speaker goes off when headphones are attached. You do need a headphone adaptor to use this Rapos.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

Just Curious after reading this:
Speaker not turning off with Garrett Headphone Adapter? - Solution here
Posted by: Kayaker
Date: July 01, 2011 03:15PM
I had some problems with my wireless headphone transmitter not playing well with my Garrett AT Pro's internal speaker. The headphones work fine but the AT Pro internal speaker would not turn off. I sent an e-mail to Garrett and they confirmed that the AT Pro senses the impedance of the headphone in order to determine that it should turn off the speaker. Garrett engineering said a resistor in the range of 1,000 to 10,000 ohms across the headphone connector will solve the problem.

SO... if your headphone (or wireless transmitter, in my case) works but doesn't turn off the speaker, it is likely that the headphone's impedance is too high. I found an easy solution from another forum.

Radio Shack headphone extension with volume control - Part Number - 42-2559 ($9.99). use this between your headphone and the AT Pro Adapter jack, and it puts the required load on the adapter to turn off the speaker. For me it worked like a charm. Here is my AT Pro with the Adapter, extension cord with volume control and wireless transmitter- all tucked under the cuff.

Found at: Speaker not turning off with Garrett Headphone Adapter? - Solution here

Poppa Relic

Jun 26, 2013
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to follow up on this subject, I got the rapoo headphones from dx.com and headphone cord adapter from garrett. The AT PRO external speaker doesn't mute when the adapter chord is plugged into the head unit. It doesn't mute when the reducer is plugged into the adapter chord. It DID however mute whenever I plugged in the FM transmitter to the reducer. As for the Rapoo headphones, NO lag, $36 including shipping, lightweight and I am satisfied with them. So if anyone is going with the RAPOO headphones, note that a external volume control chord from radio shack is not necessary. Apparently the rapoo transmitter has enough impedance to mute the speaker on the PRO. Hope this helps out.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Poppa Relic said:
Just to follow up on this subject, I got the rapoo headphones from dx.com and headphone cord adapter from garrett. The AT PRO external speaker doesn't mute when the adapter chord is plugged into the head unit. It doesn't mute when the reducer is plugged into the adapter chord. It DID however mute whenever I plugged in the FM transmitter to the reducer. As for the Rapoo headphones, NO lag, $36 including shipping, lightweight and I am satisfied with them. So if anyone is going with the RAPOO headphones, note that a external volume control chord from radio shack is not necessary. Apparently the rapoo transmitter has enough impedance to mute the speaker on the PRO. Hope this helps out.

Does the transmitter come with the headphones for $36?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Poppa Relic said:
Yep comes with it. And charger cord. Cord splits to two connectors and charges headphones and transmitter at same time.

Sweet. Do the headphones have a volume control on them?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like u got a good set up, im definetly gonna look into I mean both the other machines i got r wireless y not all

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Poppa, where did you find them for 36 shipped? Best I saw was 43 from Hong Kong. Did you get them in the US? Thanks!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FYI..... Anyone ordering these headphones you need to get the H3070 and not the H3050 that the link above directs you to. They are $40 for the H3070. The H3050 do not have a 3.5mm transmitter, they are USB only. Thanks!

Poppa Relic

Jun 26, 2013
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI..... Anyone ordering these headphones you need to get the H3070 and not the H3050 that the link above directs you to. They are $40 for the H3070. The H3050 do not have a 3.5mm transmitter, they are USB only. Thanks!

Sorry RobRieman. Glad you caught the mistake. Hope you didn't buy the wrong one . I edited my link.

Last edited:

Poppa Relic

Jun 26, 2013
North Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry RobRieman. Glad you caught the mistake. Hope you didn't buy the wrong one before you caught the mistake. I edited my link.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem Poppa Relic. I luckily noticed the number at checkout and was able to cancel and find the H3070's. Can't wait to give them a try, thanks for the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread