Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Bart@Big Boys Hobbies
  • 2 Post By JASinBTCT
  • 1 Post By Tackleberry

Thread: New Garrett ATX! We will be testing it next week!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    384 times
    Metal Detecting

New Garrett ATX!

Check out the new Garrett ATX.
    Last edited by Bart@Big Boys Hobbies; Sep 15, 2013 at 03:33 PM.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    Aug 2013
    Connecticut
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Treasure Ace 200, Garrett Pro Pointer, Deteknix X-Pointer
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Look forward to reading your expert take on the ATX's features, handling and performance, Bart.
    River Rat and Ronzie like this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    15 times
    Prospecting
    Out of my price range but still would love to hear the review on it. Let us know
    Potts likes this.

us
    Oct 2010
    U.P. Michigan
    Garrett AT Pro
    103 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
    Out of my price range but still would love to hear the review on it. Let us know
    No kidding...The way I'm digging it'll take 20 years.

Sep 2013
    XP Deus...
    4 times
    when are you going to do a review of this model?...im assuming you've had one for a few days already since you said next week on Sept 13th...
    how soon before we see a nice thorough honest video review?...people are curious about this thing

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    384 times
    Metal Detecting
    We did get to play with it in a relic hunt with Garrett a couple weeks back. I cant go into details but it is in fact very deep, VERY sensitive to small objects and folds up in seconds. I think the gold nuggets guys will be VERY VERY impressed. Should be an excellent open field relic hunter too especially in bad ground.
    Last edited by Bart@Big Boys Hobbies; Oct 02, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    its never lost

Mar 2013
    mass
    fisher f75ltd, (had, deus xp,whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, and many more)
    783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart@Big Boys Hobbies View Post
    We did get to play with it in a relic hunt with Garrett a couple weeks back. I cant go into details but it is in fact very deep, VERY sensitive to small objects and folds up in seconds. I think the gold nuggets guys will be VERY VERY impressed. Should be an excellent open field relic hunter too especially in bad ground.
    I know u cant get into deteails right now but are you able to compare it to the deus or is the deus still in a land of its own, soon as i saw that it was folding quickly like a deus & resonding to small targets I know there are some things close

us
    Mar 2011
    Ohio
    XP deus Garrett ATPro Garrett ReconPro
    Quote Originally Posted by christo000 View Post
    I know u cant get into deteails right now but are you able to compare it to the deus or is the deus still in a land of its own, soon as i saw that it was folding quickly like a deus & resonding to small targets I know there are some things close
    two completely different machines. The atx is a pulse machine. I dont think you would want to hunt with an atx in the same types of areas the deus excels in. The atx will destroy a deus in depth whereas I wouldnt even attempt to take the atx to an area littered with iron which is where the deus is a cadillac...just my opinion...

Sep 2013
    XP Deus...
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboar View Post
    two completely different machines. The atx is a pulse machine. I dont think you would want to hunt with an atx in the same types of areas the deus excels in. The atx will destroy a deus in depth whereas I wouldnt even attempt to take the atx to an area littered with iron which is where the deus is a cadillac...just my opinion...

hey Bigboar,,,do you think the ATX would be useless for like trashy parks coin hunting? im kinda new to this hobby and trying to learn what works where and avoid purchasing a wrong detector in the future...i know the CTX has a great ability to discriminate from among trash in a cluttered park,,with the ATX not having a computer screen to show a better analysis of the object would you be at a serious disadvantage over a Deus or CTX coin shooting in trashy areas?

Feb 2007
    16 times
    yes you would be,but it's ok 'cuz ya get to dig a lot,
    and excersize is good for your heart,and also you will get plenty of
    experience digging,so you can apply for a grave digger's job
    i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
    j.t.

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    384 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by christo000 View Post
    No, totally different. The XP DEUS Metal Detector is a AWESOME trash and high speed lightweight machine. GREAT for iron infestation areas.

The ATX will be awesome for EXTREME depth, sensitivity for open fields. Bad ground is NOT an issue for the Garrett ATX, punches right through it. Of course it will be a great nugget shooter as well. I would not want to use it in a trashy area. It could be done but not the prime candidate. Garrett AT Gold would do well in that type of setting.
    Last edited by Bart@Big Boys Hobbies; Oct 09, 2013 at 10:04 AM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors