earn up to $ 3000 a week with a metal detector?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
It isn't copyrighted material. Someone should buy it and POST IT here. :D

And then post the link to it on his E-bay sale. ;D

Ummm... not actually. His original work is basically copyrighted as soon as he wrote it.(assuming its his original work) Nice idea though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

In all countries where the Berne Convention standards apply, copyright is automatic, and need not be obtained through official registration with any government office. Once an idea has been reduced to tangible form, for example by securing it in a fixed medium (such as a drawing, sheet music, photograph, a videotape, or a computer file), the copyright holder is entitled to enforce his or her exclusive rights.

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But in a case like this, I believe it being a common idea, it would be hard for him to prove copyright
infringment, unless you just posted it verbatim as he sells it. I could sell detailed plans for a revolutionary
new coat rack that involves driving a nail in a wall. It's my idea to sell the idea, not the idea itself. You
follow me?

HH,
Ramapirate

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Ramapirate said:
But in a case like this, I believe it being a common idea, it would be hard for him to prove copyright
infringment, unless you just posted it verbatim as he sells it. I could sell detailed plans for a revolutionary
new coat rack that involves driving a nail in a wall. It's my idea to sell the idea, not the idea itself. You
follow me?

HH,
Ramapirate

Absolutely, two people can have the same idea.

You just can't take his text, copy it, then post it here, or on eBay. (Snopes has previously enforced copyright on TN if I recall) Just make sure you write some of your own text with a sufficient number of changes. Try photocopying Disney stuff and posting it. Yikes...

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys, buy one and post the basic gist of it here. ;D I wasn't at all suggesting a cut-and-paste job. ::)

Hard to prove copyright anyhow--I seriously doubt this guy mailed a copy to himself in a sealed, postmarked envelope when he "came up with it." :P

-Buck

K

Kentucky Kache

It's probably something he bought into and holds a copyright on. If I posed it, I'd make sure to change it drastically. JMO.

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really all you'd have to say is "Yep, it was what we all thought it was." Which we all know that's what it is anyway. What else could it be? We'd all (or at least most all) of us would know it if it was something special.
How many money making schemes are there with a metal detector. I thought about buying 3 or 4 detectors and open a little salted sandlot for people to do timed hunts in. Tell them what is in there before they hunt and they pay you $20 to come hunt it for 10 minutes or so. If they don't find anything great the first time you charge more to hit it a second time. I'd pay to do it if somebody had one. It'd be fun!

HH,
Ramapirate

K

Kentucky Kache

Ramapirate said:
Really all you'd have to say is "Yep, it was what we all thought it was." Which we all know that's what it is anyway. What else could it be? We'd all (or at least most all) of us would know it if it was something special.
HH,
Ramapirate

Good point.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, from the sound of it, I was wondering if it was something commercial.

And if it is, then it's an IDEA which is NOT trademarked. Hiring out to some sort of companies to do some sort of work would NOT be a copyright issue to post here.

-Buckles

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ramapirate said:
Hi,......Joe. Where to can I sign up to make untold riches with my metal detector ?

Somebody get just a little more curious than me and buy the info and come back and let
us know what it is.
I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that it's not copyrighted, and it's probably finding property stakes,
which is a pain in the butt. I helped my father-in-law find the stakes on some commercial property
he had that had giant bamboo so thick on it you could hardly push your way through it. And you
don't want to use a chainsaw on it because it's like breathing fiberglass when you cut it with one.
We spent a week finding the stupid things. There was a lady that worked in a business next door
to where we were searching. When my father-in-law wasn't around one day she came out and said
"You poor man, I hope that fellow is paying you well to do that, it looks dreadfully hard!" I replied,
"No mam, he's not paying me anything, but he lets me sleep with his daughter!" She stammered for
a second or two not knowing what to say and I told her that he was my father-in-law, that his daughter
and I had been married for years! She said "Well, that different then!" and walked back in her store.
I love messing with people.

HH,
Ramapirate

LMAO!! :D :D :D :D ;D ;D :wink: :wink:

L

LandStar

Looks like he is using a Fischer from the shape of the coil and the color and shape of the box...Like someone else has said...If he is truly making all that dough, why would he teach others how to weasel in on his profits, or why would he need the money, and take the time...It is a big scam, like all the other get rich quick stuff...Now that you all know what he is selling, you can do it yourselves for free!!!

HH,

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to admit I did not read this entire post so if this was mentioned I apologize in advance.

Maybe his $3,000 a week is made from 521.73913 people purchasing his "earn up to $3000 a week with a metal detector?" information. Now who is the fool.... ???

(my calculator only goes to 8 digits so my amount of people that need to buy it each week maybe slightly off.)

NJ

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread