Spankin new searcher - just waiting on detector to arrive!

kevlar119

Jan 28, 2009
After reading some reviews and watching a few personal videos of the Garrett 250 in use, I went ahead and ordered one. It is coming with the standard coil and I was wondering if I should go ahead and get the 9x12 in the mail too? My interest is just local use and eventually go to the civil war areas. I have no clue where detecting is allowed in Ohio yet. I've been interested in this for many years and finally took the plunge. Maybe I'll see some you out there sometime! :occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet & The hobby.

I'm not familiar with the 250 and the 9x12 coil

but I would Learn the machine first before Spending the extra
Unless you feel you may not have the cash later.
or there is a special deal.

There is always the possability of another Coil coming out at any time
in this Hobby.

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
i have the ace and love it You will to several guys I work with have one cant beat it for the money. Oh and detecting is illegal in ohio sorry :-[ lol

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you at in OH. I am in the Northwest corner in Williams County. I am just outside of West Unity. I detect parks, school yards, county properties,and have had luck getting permission from churches. if you are close by me drop me a line and we can get together and do some hunting...Matt

OP
OP
K

kevlar119

Jan 28, 2009
Thanks for the welcomes! I am in Clark and Montgomery County (Dayton area). I've only got the detector coming, so now I'm looking for all the extras...digging, coil covers, etc. I've found some good videos from members on here.
Thanks for the invite ....if I head up that way, I'll let you know! Same if you are visiting down this way!

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
welcome to tnet, generally get the small coil before the larger for trashy parks or nail infested sites, to get between the garbage

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and forum. Thompy is right, a smaller coil will suit you better than a larger one. But you don't need to order it right away. You will need a nail apron with two pockets, one side for goodies and the other side for the trash you dig up. Learn good retreival methods and if you need to cut a plug, set it on a cloth so all the dirt can go back in the hole.

Good Luck,
Sandman

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
I just got an ACE 250. Been using detectors for years, looks to be a good unit. i can't wait for the snow to go away! Watch the video that comes with it, very helpful. Repeat -watch the Video! Best of luck!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I know of several guys from the Chicago area that started out or moved into the 250 with the coil configuration you are asking about and they did very well. Good Hunting!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
kevlar119,
welcome to the board.

Take it slow and learn that machine, it
will treat you well.

Keep it a hobby. :D :wink:

have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE

nicolascage_68

Feb 2, 2009
lima,ohio
Detector(s) used
treasure hunter th-3050
welcome t T NET..i am about 1 hour north of u--maybe we could meet up somewhere and do some dirt diggin..gotta warn ya tho--i took the "plunge" in late nov..so i am still a new b myselffeel free 2 add me 2 messenger or throw me an email [email protected] an gl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions