OP
G

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was thinking that , but these remains appear to be very old.should you still report them?

S

stefen

No matter as to age, still report to the proper authorities...

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
If they got to that location as a crime or the person got enjured or sick and died on the spot then the family and proper authorities would want to know who it was and what happened.

It would be the right thing to do by stopping your search of that spot and report it.

I had a friend that disappeared and never heard from again. A year and a half later they found him in the woods with his had clutching a note. He was having a bad heart attack and could not proceed any further. The note was in a zip locked baggy and that's how the note survived.

To survive in the woods, let someone know where your going and stick to the spot that you said you were going to. Better yet, take a friend with the same hobby with you on the buddy system. Know your limitations. By all means stop when you reach your limitaions and live to do it again another day and long enough to talk about it to your decendants and treasure hunting friends.

I am a small scale miner and I tell people that absolutely NONE of the gold that a person is after is worth diing over.

I have done search and rescue for years. You will want to be aware of what your doing out of sight of civilization and know how to get back if you get into a jam. Please don't be a person that disappears and is on the search and rscue list. Or missing persons list. And by all means, report remains.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Seamuss said:
If they got to that location as a crime or the person got enjured or sick and died on the spot then the family and proper authorities would want to know who it was and what happened.

It would be the right thing to do by stopping your search of that spot and report it.

I had a friend that disappeared and never heard from again. A year and a half later they found him in the woods with his had clutching a note. He was having a bad heart attack and could not proceed any further. The note was in a zip locked baggy and that's how the note survived.

To survive in the woods, let someone know where your going and stick to the spot that you said you were going to. Better yet, take a friend with the same hobby with you on the buddy system. Know your limitations. By all means stop when you reach your limitaions and live to do it again another day and long enough to talk about it to your decendants and treasure hunting friends.

I am a small scale miner and I tell people that absolutely NONE of the gold that a person is after is worth diing over.

I have done search and rescue for years. You will want to be aware of what your doing out of sight of civilization and know how to get back if you get into a jam. Please don't be a person that disappears and is on the search and rscue list. Or missing persons list. And by all means, report remains.

Great post... well done.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call the police. and ait for them and show them where they are......Matt

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any more info? Did you report the find? What happened? A grieving family may get closure.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
All too often these cases never get resolved. Bonefinder calls
POlice. Two agents who identify themselves as HOM___ SEC
visit BF, hustle her away in a black limosuine to never be heard
from again. Relatives rue the day she bought that d*# @ MD.

lastleg

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
lastleg said:

lastleg
:icon_scratch: :dontknow: ???

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:

lastleg

So true, So true. It only turns out great on ANALOG TV :thumbsup:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I once found a possible Jaw bone while eyeballing a construction sight in downtown bryan. i reported it and, the papers got it. it turned out to be the jaw of a Pig. very embarrising.
But I belive I did the right thing

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Jeep said:
lastleg said:
Could have been worse. Suppose it had been a jawbone of
an A$$.

Sounds like he found the remains of a Bryan Politician. :icon_pirat:

That possibility i'sent as untrue as one might seem. But staying on topic. if You have the right to be where you were and you can be sure id reprot it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread