Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Report them whether you're sure or not. Hikers found some bones out west of here last week and reported them and it resolved an old missing person's case. I can't think of any reason why you would want the remains back.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dig another hole a bit deeper......hope no one saw

F

Felinepeachy

Out here where I live they find human remains every summer when the river level drops. They always turn out to be paleo Indian remains. The proper procedure here is to call the police who then call out the coroner. The coroner determines the age etc and then they turn them over to the proper Indian authorities for re burial.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
My Brother and I took a one legged fellow out deer hunting .
I had been in high school with him before he got his leg blown off.
Not in a war. He was very happy to go with us as he had never been hunting.
The area we camped at was on a small creek and not easily accessable, but we knew it.
Upstream in a fancy campground a few miles away there had been a report on the news
that a female jogger had gone missing a week or so back.
After a nice night around the fire playing guitars, telling lies and such we slept.
Next morning 'Jason" asked how he could help as we got the fire going for breakfast .
I told him to go to the creek and get water for coffee.
He hobbled over there with the bucket and let out a yell.
My bro had put a rubber hand in the water where best to get seen.
This was a joke.
To find real is not.
My kids took me to a place where they had found a real dead guy.
Fresh. Within 30 minutes.
Was not good.

Grey

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
in 6 months the flesh is off the bones and it hard to tell a year old set of bones from 200 year old bones --for the sake of someone who might have a loved one on the missing persons list --please report your find --- even if they are some old indain or some old settlers bones from long ago then they deserve the proper respect due a fellow human being remains and a proper reburial not to be some plaything in some ones ghoulish human "bone" collection -- we aren't graverobbing archies after all.

OP
OP
G

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there was no doubt that they were human remains.

called the cop and he called in the coroner. coroner said they apper to be fron a VERY old burial.he said we probably happened upon an OLD farm cemetery.He said we could rebury the remains.(there is none of the family left in the area)and recomended we dig carefuly in that area , so we don't disturb any more old graves.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
rebury say -- I sorry for disturbing you --and go on with your life. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
G

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not deep at all, about 12 inches. we were digging in an area of a large depression in the ground.it had sunk alot over this spring due to all the rain.we originally thought it may have been an old root cellar from the size of the depression, but i guess looks can be decieving.Creeped me out to find the bones, hope we don't find anymore EVER!!

T

trish76642

Hmm, i'd call the authorities.

THat reminds me of a job i did out here on the Lake where i live. The man of the house was showing me all the big gorgeous arrow heads and spears he had dug up near the water. Well we got to talking about all the Indian artifacts people had found out here.

He went on to tell me that this guy he new found a human skull one day while walking the waters edge while searching for arrow heads. I said, "Really?! What did he do?!" (I woulda freaked!) And he said, "He left it laying there."

I said, "WHAT?!" I couldnt believe it...That really bothered me that someone could have done that. I asked him 'why' did he do that?, and he said "because he didnt want to get involved with the law."

But how could a person sleep at night? I mean that could of been someones family member that had gone missing, or a murder victim...anything!

That bothered me for along time.... Still bothers me to this day.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was with a friend out on his land and they were digging a hole on their land for a stock tank with a bulldozer,well about an hour into it the driver stoped and said he hit something.It turned out to be 3 small coffins,3 small children from at least 1880-1920,from what the local law sheriff said.The caskets were small,and no we didn't open them up,but the did have each childs name on them and how long they had lived,etc.My friend payed to get them reburied .

T

trish76642

Produce Guy said:
I was with a friend out on his land and they were digging a hole on their land for a stock tank with a bulldozer,well about an hour into it the driver stoped and said he hit something.It turned out to be 3 small coffins,3 small children from at least 1880-1920,from what the local law sheriff said.The caskets were small,and no we didn't open them up,but the did have each childs name on them and how long they had lived,etc.My friend payed to get them reburied .

awww :'( :'(

Bless your friends heart for doing that....

wow i would still be crying.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
What state? Who owns the land?
There exists state laws, and federal laws on what to do now. Corner, local or state??

gods country girl said:
there was no doubt that they were human remains.

called the cop and he called in the coroner. coroner said they apper to be fron a VERY old burial.he said we probably happened upon an OLD farm cemetery.He said we could rebury the remains.(there is none of the family left in the area)and recomended we dig carefuly in that area , so we don't disturb any more old graves.

OP
OP
G

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
called authorities, all is taken care of according to laws

state is pa

Top Member Reactions