For those who are thinking of detecting in Germany

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Do you care to tell us what this site says ........ in English?

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see Bavaria did not change much and the laws still seem a bit vague however, Article 10 has me a bit puzzled. Any movable monument and I think that is as small as coins and small relics, must have a permit to dig. I wonder if plowing is considered digging, LOL? HH, Mike

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Easiest is to select the bundesland (County) you would be dectecting in, and then paste that into Babblefish for a translation.

Mike, the new laws won´t be long in coming once the Valatta Treaty comes into force, then the Majority of the Euro archies (Whor are anti detecting) will have thier say on the laws, as all laws will come from Brussels which will have a blanket on EU cultural (And Military) matters, amongst other things.
Basically the want to as good as finish hobby detecting, and those that are left, can only do so with a licence and lots of courses at thier own cost, plus all finds belong then to the State with NO finders fee.
The said that in Rheinland Pfalz there are too many with a licence and it would be reduced by 50% at least, and there are only about 11 out of a population of 8,6 million with a licence !!
NOT GOOD.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any info on the Valatta treaty? I did a search and didn't find anything, would be interesting to read through. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread